Best Cave Mount

Valys

A bear can take on multiple cave critters and come away smiling. I take bears to cave and had several cave critters on it at once and killed them all. Right click for the aoe attack. After a good battle you may need to force feed for health but they are beasts among boys. If you do get in trouble they have the speed boost to get away. I love bears. Only caution, which for every mount, is when engaging Arthropluera you need to flank them but that is for yourself and not the bear.

Bears if they can fit, wolves if they can't.

If you can find someone from your server who has cave experience, make friends and find something you can trade them in exchange for taking you on a cave run. Your goal is to come back with at least 2 beetles.

If you can't find someone experienced - the very first time you ever go into a cave, you will probably want at least two people and at least two animals for your best chance to survive any mistakes, more is better but two should be good enough. (I'm assuming you go into the easiest cave for your map when you get started). Lvl 120 or higher bears or wolves are desired, of course the higher level the better off you will be.

Go slowly, go carefully, do not fight too many things at once. it will only take one or two cave runs and you will get the hang of it, caves are not super dangerous as long as you are always alert and careful.

Bears base damage for right click is 65. wolves and sabers are around 35 i think. Bear does almost around its entire body in aoe. also has couple k more health then wolf and Saber. 

My bear can go in and aggro entire caves and not even need to be pumped with meat after. he's pretty high level tho.

Carnos fit in caves to, basically you just want the highest level/health and damage one you have out of wolf/saber/bear/carno.

If you're really worried about dieing or losing your mount bring a shotgun. Something like over 600 damage if you hit with the full spread. Great for killing the pesky bats.

There's only one cave the baryonx doesn't fit inside (the NW one where no ridable can fit) gets a lot of hp per level, has large aoe to fight bats and meganura, heals like crazy off fish meat, jumps unlike the bear, and is the best cave mount in the water sections.  Also for some reason arthopluera seem to have great difficulty hitting me with their acid spit while on baryonyx.  10/10 best cave mount because it easily handles every cave whereas the bear while great doeant always fit, neither does the saber in the northern south cave, and the wolf does the same damage but is 10x squishier.  None of those mounts can do the water sections.  Baryonyx is your universal swiss army knife of caving.

4 hours ago, ncola7 said:

Bears base damage for right click is 65. wolves and sabers are around 35 i think. Bear does almost around its entire body in aoe. also has couple k more health then wolf and Saber. 

My bear can go in and aggro entire caves and not even need to be pumped with meat after. he's pretty high level tho.

Carnos fit in caves to, basically you just want the highest level/health and damage one you have out of wolf/saber/bear/carno.

If you're really worried about dieing or losing your mount bring a shotgun. Something like over 600 damage if you hit with the full spread. Great for killing the pesky bats.

I have a 210 level bear that I'm itching to go cave diving with.  Which caves can he fit in?

Terror birds, They fit in every cave and are able to glide over most of the lava pits that are in them. They are able to be force fed, avoid most of the danger if wanted, destroy bats and are strong enough that you can solo every cave (except the parts where you have to dismount your dino which no dino will get out at that point such as the snow caves drop on the center)

I even run my terror bird in the swamp cave and reck house. Mine pop at around 250 with 390 base melee so 3k hp and 600 plus melee on a rapid fire controller is recked city.

On 2/28/2017 at 0:45 PM, Harrist14 said:

Does the baryonyx fit in the swamp cave? I find that unlikely 

Fits in swamp cave super comfortably  (assuming the high level one thats actually in the redwood) and its rather large AOE bite and its height makes short work of Megurna swarms.  Also fits in the two southern caves if you're refering to those.

Just now, Gilgamesh908 said:

Fits in swamp cave super comfortably  (assuming the high level one thats actually in the redwood) and its rather large AOE bite and its height makes short work of Megurna swarms.  Also fits in the two southern caves if you're refering to those.

Crazy, I'll have to try that. Obviously no CP, but maybe it'll deal better with the scorpions

8 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

Crazy, I'll have to try that. Obviously no CP, but maybe it'll deal better with the scorpions

When we clear it with intent to farm drops and xp instead of paste its silly easy on even a mediocre baryonyx.  If you want paste then we still use a frog.  But our baryonyx are not (yet) bred and only primitive saddles as I dont think they added better ones in loot tables yet, but they still solo clear that cave no issues.  Just walk backwards during swarms while spamming bite and shred everything.  We did lose two of our best baryonyx there though, to glitch-into-unbreakable-tree bug, those trees are the scariest bugs down there LOL

Archived