Killing a wild giga?

Runado

37 minutes ago, cfrostyscriv said:

not worth the effort to be honest, very little reward for the risk, get an imprinted giga with good saddle and go kill a titan while tame has broth of enlightenment active.

I got a JM saddle with 62 armor. And about 6 imprinted gigs and 6 tamed. I'm pretty sure we can take them, I understand you don't get really any xp from it, right now it's just curiosity and the fact they spawn close to us and rather then taking them to water we could just kill them with a couple gigs, and hope a higher level spawns :)

Thanks for the feedback!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Safest way would be to tranq the wild giga, and eat it with yours, it will enrage while knocked out but won't actually wake up, it will stand up for a second but fall right back down. Titans are far easier to kill, we been leveling our rexes by having 1 imprinted giga with a bunch of breed rexes, usually lose about 7k health on rexes.

On 21/02/2017 at 11:42 AM, Runado said:

Hmm, weird. Because spino's have seem to become extinct on our server.

On the official server I play on someone saw one yesterday so they are not extinct.

Basilosaurus on the other hand... not to mention sea life in general but basilo count has been 0 all week. Might start a thread cause I have a suspicion spawning broke, I have seen the same individual dino for a long time (145 tuso has been there since sunday for example)

28 minutes ago, oScottieHo said:

It is possible,our bred gigas can easily beat wild gigas,our saddles are pretty disgusting lol.

IMG-20170223-WA0003.jpg

That saddle is beautiful. Ive been trying to get one :( So is the melee on that!

16 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

On the official server I play on someone saw one yesterday so they are not extinct.

Basilosaurus on the other hand... not to mention sea life in general but basilo count has been 0 all week. Might start a thread cause I have a suspicion spawning broke, I have seen the same individual dino for a long time (145 tuso has been there since sunday for example)

Lol, I know they aren't extinct, the spawns are just not as high as they use to be. I don't even consider the middle River "spino river" anymore.

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2017 at 2:16 PM, Runado said:

Killing a wild giga?

So my tribe and I were wondering if it is possible to kill a wild giga with our Gigas? We have about 13 gigs. Right now the highest two we have are 206% and 220% melee with 30k health, they are imprinted 80% above. Would it be possible for us to kill a wild lvl 10? I've been reading up that it is impossible.

Another tribe in our server killed one with 2 gigs and a couple rex's. So I know it's possible. They wouldn't be mate boosted but we could add a high lvl male with 135% melee and add the mate boost.

Any advice? Where we live, Gigas spawn a lot and we would like to know if we should even attempt. Thanks!

Official.

Definitely possible with tamed and bred.

With tamed (18k, 270-280 melee leveled, 76-100armor saddles), it's best to run 2 or 3 tribemates, with mate pair. Saddles under 100 armor are at risk of enraging on 70+ level wild giga. probably best to not go after anything over 60 to be safe. It is also easy to kill titans with this setup. With 117.5armor saddle and matepair giga on follow it's possible to solo titans in fact (both giga end up taking 50% health dmg in total depending on how much time the titan flees). Great for leveling dinos and people.

Bred giga is a different story.

We have a 35k health 286 melee bred (no mate pair for testing). Early on in it's leveling (around 320 melee) we easily killed 4 wild gigas of level 25 40 40 and 60 solo with no assistance. This giga does have armor capped saddle however (117.5 armor) and also has 100% imprint.

Watching damage after battle and counting bites, it seems that the wilds health appears almost identical across those levels. Taking around 27-30 bites to kill. Our giga received between 9000 and 14000 damage in total. As stated above, the biggest threat is the bleed. If you want more security, bring a mate pair for the added oomph.

I would imagine your tribe would tame gigas of decent level rather than kill them so.... but definitely you'd want to kill 1 level 150 giga just to say you did it :) EDIT: bring friends on backup gigas and have them jump in if you get below half to be safe.

On 2/20/2017 at 11:52 PM, Madhouse said:

it is possible for sure but i recommend you to not try it out :D there is nothing except of a bit of exp you get from killing wild gigas. anyway, if you still want to kill one, you really need the mate boost for 33% reduced damage and a good saddle. rider imprint will help a lot since you cant feed beer to dinos anymore.

also: be aware of killing titanosaurs with gigas, there is a slight chance to glitch your giga to death:

When did they make it so you can't feed beer to dinos? That was the only good thing beer was for other than taming a chalico :/ 

On 2/20/2017 at 9:16 PM, Runado said:

Killing a wild giga?

So my tribe and I were wondering if it is possible to kill a wild giga with our Gigas? We have about 13 gigs. Right now the highest two we have are 206% and 220% melee with 30k health, they are imprinted 80% above. Would it be possible for us to kill a wild lvl 10? I've been reading up that it is impossible.

Another tribe in our server killed one with 2 gigs and a couple rex's. So I know it's possible. They wouldn't be mate boosted but we could add a high lvl male with 135% melee and add the mate boost.

Any advice? Where we live, Gigas spawn a lot and we would like to know if we should even attempt. Thanks!

Those gigas will be able to kill a wild giga ONLY if they have a good saddle on them. I solo kill gigas under lvl 50 as well as titans using my lvl 280 giga. Its got 430% melee, 30k health. Occasionally i run into a titan that bloodies the hell out of my giga (15k health damage) but i haven't lost yet. lol

59 minutes ago, rawsh said:

quetz with a manned minigun turret works well as a mobile gigacleanser,  1 gig takes about 600 bullets, but if its threatening to go somewhere populated, we whip out the ol nikita and shoot it to poop

I put 1,000 rounds of advanced rifle through a mini-gun turret into a lvl 10 giga and it didn't come close to killing it. Not sure how you did it with 600 bullets unless they buffed it since I attempted to kill one (probably 5 months ago)

Killing gigas with bred gigas is easy peasy. I posted a thread on Reddit with a montage of me killing wilds on my bred gigas, including their stats. 

A pair of mounted miniguns will also shred a wild giga in minutes.

46 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

A lvl 50 wild giga can rage your tamed/bred giga if your saddle is under 90 armor.

Not at all, unless you have a garbage imprint or are not riding a giga you raised yourself. A 70% imprint is very easily attained without no life-ing the raising process and all you need to be able to take out wild gigas. A decent saddle is definitely recommended, but very far from necessary. I never had any issue killing gigas with just a primitive saddle and the only time I have ever seen the rage meter go up when fighting one is only on the first one or two bites.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

as has been said, if you start the fight, do not stop. don't try to get away, or re-position. that Gnash is bullpoop, and will destroy you. i tried luring one down from the top of my mountain, so i didn't have to worry about eating fall damage. ate a crap tonne more damage than i had anticipated from the gnash. got lucky and killed it with 1k hp left on my 32k hp, 490melee (270base) giga with a 100 saddle. i'm not imprinted to this particular giga, but it does have a 70% imprint.   so obviously, good imprint, to you will help a lot. good saddle, helps a lot. a second decent giga (especially ridden by a imprinted rider), will make the fight easy.

these jerks spawn above my base all the time, so i usually take a flight to check for them before rolling out anky's for metal etc... also never good to get surprised by one coming back with a hurt giga after fighting some titans.

so here's another way that has worked for me, with a lot less risk. takes some time, but pretty hard to raptor up. get yourself a nice fire wyvern. stam around 8-900 and lots of melee. the more the better (having 8k-10k of hp will help with luring the jerk wild giga). so get stupid to follow you to someone else's base, sit inside near a gate, and set his ass on fire, repeatedly, till it dies.  a 7-8sec count between flames, should keep it taking damage constantly and minimize your stamina use vs regen. some times it takes a bit of wiggling around to get the angle right to set him on fire, but even pressed right up to the gates, it can't damage you, it won't damage their gates (if they happen to be stone of less), and they almost never move or run once you get set right. takes 5-10min depending on your wyverns melee and the giga's lvl

Archived