Checking out ARK youtubers

DeweyDecimal

Why are so many of them SO BAD at this game?

On single-player or dedicated servers with boosted rates (see: easy mode) and still bad?

Sl1pg8r didn't use kibble til Scorched (before he went modded only)

Saw another where the guy was lvl 75 and hadn't learned to make a bed (sleeping bags all over his base)

I just don't get it.

I'm not the greatest player ever, but come on YouTubers. After 30-odd 'episodes' you should at least be getting better

• Volunteer Moderator

What does it matter how someone else plays?

You say why are so many ARK youtubers so bad at the game.... but the reason you see them playing is because they do youtube videos. Do you do videos on youtube, or vidme, or twitch or anywhere else? I suspect not. And that's my point, i'm sure if you did then people would probably say you are bad at playing too.

It's like if you have 100 players, and 50 of them do youtube videos, you'd be saying why are the youtube players so bad, when you have no idea how good or bad the other 50 are.

Some people do youtube to entertain people. Playing games isn't always about playing it well or being the best at the game.

I think the challenge is that to make regular content, you need to show more than just the resource grind and the 3-6 hour tames. So they spawn stuff in, use increased rates etc which leads to sloppy play in terms of strategy. That said there are some that play tons and edit videos to be just the interesting bits. I enjoy Jayex23 because he does a bit of both between his youtube and twitch. (And his voice isn't super annoying like many others).

36 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

I think the challenge is that to make regular content, you need to show more than just the resource grind and the 3-6 hour tames. So they spawn stuff in, use increased rates etc which leads to sloppy play in terms of strategy. That said there are some that play tons and edit videos to be just the interesting bits. I enjoy Jayex23 because he does a bit of both between his youtube and twitch. (And his voice isn't super annoying like many others).

I am a fan of Kortniechan gaming on youtube, i find him entertaining. Most you tube i watch on ark is trying to find out about stuff before i get it (i play xbox so pc youtubers can show me the world before i get that patch), my biggest issue with those guys is things like, the tag the first baryonyx they come across, while all good, id rather know what stats can be on a good one not the first level 4 you come across, and then the guys who play on extra difficult servers, like great wish i could tame a level 300....

They had some kind of excitement for the first 2-3 seasons, but then it seems they got bored and only played on modded/hilarious increased servers. Zueljin and Keralis for example were consequent and said, they're bored of playing Ark and didn't want to continue it just for the views. Now most of the Pooping Evolved-videos consist mostly of taming high level creatures with super tranq darts/arrows and destroying the wildlife with them for a while. That's why I switched to Gaming Evolved with Syntac, Shredder, etc. because they take it a bit more serious, have plans for buildings, do more co-op and play vanilla as well as modded and Prim+.

Archived