Best way to farm Fertilizer?

MayonnaisePlease

Usually before I log off every night I stuff my 3 dung beetles with about 6-7 medium animal poop 

but that doesn't seem to make much fert overall :/ any leads?

I have a lot of plant species x plants and an entire greenhouse to keep fertilized but can't at this rate. Any farming methods?  Thanks.

Just now, MeMyselfAndI said:

Use a phiomia to fill all your dung beetles instead of just a few poop in each. Also use more dung beetles because with at phiomia you can fill as many as you want just force feed the phiomia stims and you have as much poop as you want.

So if my beetles weight is 24 should I fill it up to like 20lbs of poop? Because I think it wont produce fert if it's encumbered

Is that 6-7 total or per? I have one dung beetle and I stuff that sucker full of poop. It'll hold around 19 weight. In about 2 hours it's completely converted into fertilizer and oil. A lot of it at that. I just pick up every piece of poop I see and continuously fill it.

I don't have any plant species x but I do have a rather large greenhouse and I have too much fert to use it all. I think you just need to focus more on gathering poop and upgrade the carry weight on your dung beetle.

Also, I'm sure you know this but make sure it's set to wander.

If your dinos aren't loaded, then they don't produce. If you're on a non-dedicated, that's why you aren't getting fertilizer. If you're on official, try taking your beetles off wandering, pick them up and toss them around, then put them back on wandering. For whatever reason, it seems that they get "stuck" sometimes, so you basically just need to reset them in order to get them working again.

5 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

Mix Your Poop Types

a beetle will process a small, a medium, and a large poop all at the same time...producing 6 fertilizer during 1 processing period

if you only use medium poops, it will only produce 2 fert per period

This and one cycle is 15 minutes long...also the beetle wont make any if its in stasis...do you normally come back on the following day to there only being fertilizer in their inventories or is there poo left?

you can use all poop. massive is bugged so it's not recommended. you need 2x small poop to process it for some reason.

in 15 mins with all those you can get about 7 fert. I have 2 dung so 14 fert.

14 is enough to help maintain a farm at fruitling stage. if you're gonna start a new farm then 14 is enough to bring it to fruitling and maintain it for a while

For the fertilizer production this:

• No matter what type of poop you use, each poop takes the same amount of time to process
  • The smaller the poop the better is the fertilizer/weight ratio meaning if you fill a beetle with small poops only you will get most fertilizer, but it will take very long to process.
  • You can fill the beetle all the way up, no problems from encumbering it
  • All skill points goto weight only!
  • Use phinomias, place 2 or 3 next to your beetles, level in food only!
  • Plant some stimberries, force feed them to pigs to mass produce medium poop. Medium is a nice compromise, does not take that long and creates a lot of fertilizer
  • Dont forget to also plant some mejos and feed the pigs, they will die quick from the stim berries if you dont.
  • Put your beetles in cages so they dont run off. The back of the cage MUST BE against a wall or it will glitch out.
  • Best way to store fertilizer i found is to use small shoulder mounts. Each one can hold 300 fertilizer and when you want to use it you can mount it on your shoulder.

Ok i have run out of points to make

happy pooping =)

6 minutes ago, sal said:

For the fertilizer production this:

• No matter what type of poop you use, each poop takes the same amount of time to process
  • The smaller the poop the better is the fertilizer/weight ratio meaning if you fill a beetle with small poops only you will get most fertilizer, but it will take very long to process.
  • You can fill the beetle all the way up, no problems from encumbering it
  • All skill points goto weight only!
  • Use phinomias, place 2 or 3 next to your beetles, level in food only!
  • Plant some stimberries, force feed them to pigs to mass produce medium poop. Medium is a nice compromise, does not take that long and creates a lot of fertilizer
  • Dont forget to also plant some mejos and feed the pigs, they will die quick from the stim berries if you dont.
  • Put your beetles in cages so they dont run off. The back of the cage MUST BE against a wall or it will glitch out.
  • Best way to store fertilizer i found is to use small shoulder mounts. Each one can hold 300 fertilizer and when you want to use it you can mount it on your shoulder.

Ok i have run out of points to make

happy pooping =)

Dragons stim poop faster the pigs.

Use a left click macro to feed stims

Use a whip to pick up poop after dragon/pig stimming

Personally if you are going to "poop" an herbivore (alternate feeding stims and reg berries to make a lot of poop) I much prefer to use a decent level trike than a phioma just because trikes are awesome berry gather tames and you are going to want one soonest anyways just to make narcotics. That way you can gather berries and poop the critter all in one go. While you are getting narcs you will pick up a few hundred stims and reg berries anyways so no reason to let this go to waste and all that running around will make tubby lose some weight and get hungry again XD. Basically force feed stims until down a ton of hunger than alternate stims and food to get as much poop as you want.

I just build a bunch of compost bins and you can have basically as much fert as you have berry bushes to smash and bins to throw crap in. The turn over for the compost bins is surprisingly fast because it goes by in an in game day or two not IRL days. As far as early set up goes (like 2 or three days into an official server) this is easier for me to do than try and grab any beetles, basically gather berries for narcs and do poop duty at the same time and fill the bins and let them cook while i do other stuff. Obviously it isnt as efficient as using beetles but unless you have a positively insane amount of plants (40+) you should be able to make enough fert between all your critters to fertilize everything. Took me maybe a RL hour or two using just the trike to make about 10 fert.

*edit: just make sure each bin is dedicated to only one type of poop (small, medium etc) so you can get 2 ferts per full bin.

4 hours ago, Tru3insanity said:

Personally if you are going to "poop" an herbivore (alternate feeding stims and reg berries to make a lot of poop) I much prefer to use a decent level trike than a phioma just because trikes are awesome berry gather tames and you are going to want one soonest anyways just to make narcotics. That way you can gather berries and poop the critter all in one go. While you are getting narcs you will pick up a few hundred stims and reg berries anyways so no reason to let this go to waste and all that running around will make tubby lose some weight and get hungry again XD. Basically force feed stims until down a ton of hunger than alternate stims and food to get as much poop as you want.

I just build a bunch of compost bins and you can have basically as much fert as you have berry bushes to smash and bins to throw crap in. The turn over for the compost bins is surprisingly fast because it goes by in an in game day or two not IRL days. As far as early set up goes (like 2 or three days into an official server) this is easier for me to do than try and grab any beetles, basically gather berries for narcs and do poop duty at the same time and fill the bins and let them cook while i do other stuff. Obviously it isnt as efficient as using beetles but unless you have a positively insane amount of plants (40+) you should be able to make enough fert between all your critters to fertilize everything. Took me maybe a RL hour or two using just the trike to make about 10 fert.

*edit: just make sure each bin is dedicated to only one type of poop (small, medium etc) so you can get 2 ferts per full bin.

Beetles are much much much more efficient at generating fertilizer than compost bin, do yourself a favor and get one its not that had. Grab ich with an Argy and carry it home =)

We have about 40 Beetles, 5 Pigs for pooping and a huge greenhouse right next to it. ALl i do is grab mejo and stim berries (never forget to feed the pigs) and go pooping. Even then i am busy for 15 minutes min. On the bright side, doing this once a week yields so much fertilizer. A decent beetle will give you about 70 fertilizer for an entire inventory of poop.

Archived