Jump to content

  • ARK: Extinction Release Date Revealed!

    Hello Survivors!

    Studio Wildcard is proud to announce ARK’s third expansion pack, “Extinction”!

    By far our most ambitious project yet, we are thrilled to take you back to where it all started. Finish your journey through the worlds of ARK in ‘Extinction’, where the story began and ends: on Earth itself! An Element-infested, ravaged planet filled with fantastical creatures both organic and technological, Earth holds both the secrets of the past and the keys to its salvation.

    2.jpg

    1.jpg

    ARK: Extinction will release worldwide on November 6, 2018, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam, joining the desert-themed Scorched Earth and the underground, derelict biome Aberration, in continuing to unravel the mysteries of ARK!

    4.jpg

    3.jpg

    As a veteran Survivor who has conquered all previous obstacles, the ultimate challenge now awaits you. Can you defeat the gigantic roaming Titans which dominate the planet and complete the ARK cycle to save Earth's future?

    6.jpg

    Extinction Chronicles I!

    Ark_ExtinctionChronicles.png

    In the months leading up to Extinction there will be routine drops of Extinction-related Explorer Notes on The Island, Scorched Earth, and Aberration. Once collected these notes will unlock new Extinction-related skins.

    There will also be the appearance of more powerful Tek-themed Dinosaur variants within the ARKs each month! We have already released the first set of these Explorer Notes last Friday which also included the first Extinction related skin ‘Corrupted Helm’ and mighty the Tek Rex.

    corruptedArmor.png

    Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????

    torn.jpg

    mystery1.jpg

    What an intriguing discovery survivors, can you guess what these creatures are? 

    PC Gamer Article!

    Be sure to check out the PC Gamer article on ARK: Extinction by clicking the text below for even more news and information about the upcoming expansion.

    Ark: Extinction brings pocket dinosaurs, ridable 'gas bags,' and massive titans to Earth

    Edited by Jen




    User Feedback




    I don't understand the complaints. 5 months for a standalone DLC that looks this good is a raptoring miracle. Go complain to Bethesda for waiting 10+ years to come out with ES6. Furthermore, if this has a legitimate story, npcs, quests, and a huge, dense world with lots of content and future updates and mods, what is there to complain about? Please, take my money.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

    Thats a true statement but mostly irrelevant. Mods allow players to change a game on their own to suite their tastes. People do this because they understand what the game is and know they have the option to change it . Instead of getting mad at the devs for developing the game how they want they do the work on their own and share it. If you want to completely change what the game has been and always will be feel free to use a mod or make your own mod. Your use of a mod isnt going to change the development of the core game. Thats basically the whole point of mods, to provide content you dont expect from the devs.

    Not really my point but whatever.

    In terms of Prim plus, it is an official mod released with the core game. For those of us that play on xbox and have no access to the mods that PC does, we can still play prim plus.

    As for this game. When I first started playing this game, it was a survival game with dinosaurs. Aside from the implants and arks, there was no heavy futuristic sci fi feel to the game. That was the game I actually enjoyed. As they continued to develop it and changed the core fundamentals of the game into the heavily futuristic sci fi game it has become was when I started to lose interest. I still played mind you, but the game isn't as enjoyable for me now as it was when I was first playing it in preview (pre flier nerf)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, quaggz said:

    I don't understand the complaints. 5 months for a standalone DLC that looks this good is a raptoring miracle. Go complain to Bethesda for waiting 10+ years to come out with ES6. Furthermore, if this has a legitimate story, npcs, quests, and a huge, dense world with lots of content and future updates and mods, what is there to complain about? Please, take my money.

    I would say the complaints are from the people that already have had their money taken, with the expectation they would be receiving extinction Spring 2018 (that was what was on the info for the season pass when I bought the season pass at least) To go from spring to mid fall kinda sucks when you paid for something expecting you would have it well before then.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    13 hours ago, StavLikesArk said:

    i thought that everybody knew it was going to be like aberration just the trailer 

    It even shows in the cinematic after you defeat Rockwell....

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    16 hours ago, Grandta said:

    5 months?? Are you trying to kill the game?

    they already did for long time ago

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    absolutely excellent. so excited to finish learning the whole story. hopefully the next thing wildcard does is a movie deal about the whole game. only a trilogy could do it justice. greatest game of all time. love this and extinction looks great so far, ggwp wc

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I'm excited for this... but beyond confused why y'all would think a countdown for a trailer would be something anyone would be excited or happy about...
    Do you just have terrible PR people? I love this game. bugs and all. though fixing the falling through the floor/world crap would make a massive difference. 
    But on a real note. WHY do a countdown for THIS? absolutely stupid. getting people hyped up for something big and release a trailer for something that wont be out for a long time... 
    Guys... Better idea. 
    Release the trailer as a fun surprise without some countdown that involved freakin adds and all that crap. Release actual CONTENT with a countdown timer... That way you don't piss your buyers off... lol just sayin... I could seriously do a better PR job... 

    Archaeology event should have been released WITH this trailer... not three days later... that was a stupid decision that rubs so many people wrong...

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, hardballer said:

    It even shows in the cinematic after you defeat Rockwell....

    Yes but with a name like EXTINCTION, it seemed legit to hope for EXTINCT creatures. It was a game focused on dinos at first and now it's focused on scifi, many dino-fans are now disappointed and feel like forgotten... The only thing still about dino in this trailer are the rex and giga, nothing new. That's why some of us are disappointed... 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    14 minutes ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

    Yes but with a name like EXTINCTION, it seemed legit to hope for EXTINCT creatures. It was a game focused on dinos at first and now it's focused on scifi, many dino-fans are now disappointed and feel like forgotten... The only thing still about dino in this trailer are the rex and giga, nothing new. That's why some of us are disappointed... 

    Extinction would actually suggest no creatures because of the extinction.

    I get why people are disappointed that there are sci-fi and mystic creatures being added instead of dinosaurs, but still this was not 100% a dinosaur game from the start.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 6/20/2018 at 3:03 PM, GP said:

    Extinction would actually suggest no creatures because of the extinction.

    I get why people are disappointed that there are sci-fi and mystic creatures being added instead of dinosaurs, but still this was not 100% a dinosaur game from the start.

    Some tek and dragons yes, but dino were the MAIN focus by far. And both aberration and extinction seems to forget them. Not against the scifi, just against the lack of new extinct creatures... 

    Edited by DarkRaptor13

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    21 hours ago, dinovart said:

    Main titan is basically Baragon from old Godzilla movies. Earth dominated by titans reminds both attack on titan (story-wise) and Godzilla:planet of monsters (creature-wise), with some elements from aliens and terminator. ARK becomes even mre interesting that ever. I hope oneday japaneese Godzilla will roam the Earth, maybe brought to life by modders. Anyway, I will ride the modded titans, like I always do with modded bosses, and these feeleings are unique for ARK, making it the first open-world game with artificail, yet functional and balanced ecosystem.

    They'll be tamable in vanilla

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, Lerilye said:

    I'm excited for this... but beyond confused why y'all would think a countdown for a trailer would be something anyone would be excited or happy about...
    Do you just have terrible PR people? I love this game. bugs and all. though fixing the falling through the floor/world crap would make a massive difference. 
    But on a real note. WHY do a countdown for THIS? absolutely stupid. getting people hyped up for something big and release a trailer for something that wont be out for a long time... 
    Guys... Better idea. 
    Release the trailer as a fun surprise without some countdown that involved freakin adds and all that crap. Release actual CONTENT with a countdown timer... That way you don't piss your buyers off... lol just sayin... I could seriously do a better PR job... 

    Archaeology event should have been released WITH this trailer... not three days later... that was a stupid decision that rubs so many people wrong...

    They did Aberration the same way you buffon

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Super excited for this, nov6 is a long ways away but that’s ok if it’s done right.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Looks Amazing! great job guys cant wait. Have been playing since Ark came to consoles and with all these new content game just keeps getting better! 

    Keep it up! 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 6/19/2018 at 11:09 AM, Grandta said:

    5 months?? Are you trying to kill the game?

    HAHAHAHAHAHA kill ark? cant you just wait.. stop being a spoiled child 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    17 hours ago, KingGalahad said:

    Not really my point but whatever.

    In terms of Prim plus, it is an official mod released with the core game. For those of us that play on xbox and have no access to the mods that PC does, we can still play prim plus.

    As for this game. When I first started playing this game, it was a survival game with dinosaurs. Aside from the implants and arks, there was no heavy futuristic sci fi feel to the game. That was the game I actually enjoyed. As they continued to develop it and changed the core fundamentals of the game into the heavily futuristic sci fi game it has become was when I started to lose interest. I still played mind you, but the game isn’t as enjoyable for me now as it was when I was first playing it in preview (pre flier nerf)

    Well the problem with that is back then the game wasn’t finished, and didn’t have all the content. If you’ve ever watched/read any developer interviews, you’d know the sci-fi aspect was part of it from LITERALLY the beginning, before the game even started actual development (some of the first pieces of concept art were of what ARKs would look like floating in space, and the Overseer fight)

    Since telling everyone this would be HUGE spoilers, they kept quiet and left the fancier stuff (tek and endgame stuff) for later when they had more programmers/budget, and quite obviously, the game was mostly complete. Generally you don’t add the final boss before you add the first boss. 

    The general idea for where the story would take us probably has gone the same way from the beginning (except back then they weren’t sure what earth would look like, etc etc)

    If you don’t like it and would rather play a game with just real dinosaurs and no sci-fi (that isn’t Primitive Plus) Saurian scratched that itch quite well for me. It’s still early in development (and is thus a little bare) but I still found it worth the price.

     

    TLDR: Devs NEVER once promised this would be solely a dinosaur survival game, and if you feel entitled to how it was in Early Access, tough luck.

    Edited by RowletAlex

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 hours ago, PikaSaurus said:

    They did Aberration the same way you buffon

    No poop. and I didn't agree with it then either. TERRIBLE PR MOVE. :P 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    16 hours ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

    Yes but with a name like EXTINCTION, it seemed legit to hope for EXTINCT creatures. It was a game focused on dinos at first and now it's focused on scifi, many dino-fans are now disappointed and feel like forgotten... The only thing still about dino in this trailer are the rex and giga, nothing new. That's why some of us are disappointed...  

    I'm not arguing with you.  Just saying that the ending shows pretty clearly that they are going to continue in this sci-fi direction.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Many pple are pretty much played out by now.  So now for the next 5 months they have to what, log on every day to keep their gas collectors from poofing, to feed their dinos and keep their veggies fertilized?  That's not playing a game anymore, that's just tedious nonsense. 

    If their DLC is only good to keep people busy for 3-6 months and only once a year they come up with something new, they should offer a game stasis mode so people can wait out the next dlc wihout forcing them to log on just to keep their gas collectors from decaying.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    Ranger1

    Posted (edited)

    6 hours ago, Lerilye said:

    No poop. and I didn't agree with it then either. TERRIBLE PR MOVE. :P 

    Whether for good or for ill most game developers have fairly extensive PR events connected with the reveal of a new expansion trailer.  Extensive advertising, interviews, dedicated streams, and big attention grabbing countdowns prior to a new trailers release are commonplace now... mostly because they are far from being "a terrible PR move".  Instead they generate a rather large amount of hype compared to simply tossing it out there and saying "oh yeah, by the way...", which is rather the whole point of advertising.

    Edited by Ranger1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 06/19/2018 at 6:18 PM, Barje said:

    Im personally gonna dislike all of the DLC until i see DLC with dinosaurs in it. Devs are trying to make a plot to this game which.. by part of community might be enjoyable, by other part not. I belong to the second group, so what do we get since start.

    -amazing game with extinct animals, where each dossier was hyping me more and more

    -Scorched earth meh.... but we finally got desert, but still adds mythological stuff i personally don't like so i'll call it crap

    -Aberration which give us more mutated crap

    -Extinction which give us even more technological scientistic mecha robo prime TEK crap.

    waiting for ARK vanilla 2

    What are you still doing here then it seems you dislike everything , go play WoW or something like that

    Edited by DragonLadie

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×