ETA, Patches, and Content 'Discussion'

AndrewLB

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, SiiiNFUL said:

jerry to be honest man, I really don't care to argue with you or any of these white nights, fact is, its the norm for the wild card team to put out broken, half missing, or delayed updates. Their is no denying or arguing it. its a fact.

This will, hopefully, be my only other post in this thread.  To be honest, I don't care.  However, this stuff has no place in a thread the other thread.  However, I took the time to pull it all out, so that no one is being silenced.  I probably grabbed a few wrong posts, and I apologize for that.  But, people can discuss all of these points here as much as they want.   It seemed better than just removing all of the posts and/or issuing warnings.

1 minute ago, Jerryn said:

This will, hopefully, be my only other post in this thread.  To be honest, I don't care.  However, this stuff has no place in a thread the other thread.  However, I took the time to pull it all out, so that no one is being silenced.  I probably grabbed a few wrong posts, and I apologize for that.  But, people can discuss all of these points here as much as they want.   It seemed better than just removing all of the posts and/or issuing warnings.

i appreciate that, Best mod on here by far. My apologies for making you work, :D

3 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

And there we go again, the WDF as explained in my earlier post. Completely ignoring the fact that they missed just about every ETA except for SE over the past year. Yes, they were hard at work the entire time. I was never saying they weren't. But my problem is they were hard at work developing a paid DLC when they should have been finishing up the content for the game i already paid them to develop.

Be glad you didn't pay $60 for an incomplete fully released game. Not to mention nearly every update they push out is completely free, the only exception being Scorched Earth.

Just now, Khataashi said:

Be glad you didn't pay $60 for an incomplete fully released game. Not to mention nearly every update they push out is completely free, the only exception being Scorched Earth.

What are you smoking? The updates were advertised in a long list of "core features" and were a selling point of us buying into this early access title. We paid for those core features IN ADVANCE, so please don't giver me that nonsense that everything they've added since june of 2015 is "free" and we should be nothing but eternally grateful. 

6 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Just slightly surprised as to why my thread got moved into this one, as I was simply trying to help you mods out, but asking the community to hop back on topic, etc.   You know, sometimes it might be a good thing to take the help and calming effect that some of us try to offer, rather than cracking the whip on others, especially when you know your community is upset.   Sometimes the mods can cause more harm than help, even though I know you are trying to mean well.  Good luck!  

Regardless, I'm going to not post in the PC area for a while and stick to the Primitive+ thread and help out in there when it's needed.   

Take care everyone. 

@swaggerz we'll have to chat sometime down the road on what you asked me about.   Sorry about that.

7 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

What are you smoking? The updates were advertised in a long list of "core features" and were a selling point of us buying into this early access title. We paid for those core features IN ADVANCE, so please don't giver me that nonsense that everything they've added since june of 2015 is "free" and we should be nothing but eternally grateful. 

I never even stated we should all be eternally grateful to Wildcard. I am stating, from a logical point of view, that what we got was a good deal, considering that a lot of games out there, mainly AAA games, charge you a full $60-80 for an incomplete game and later charge you around $40 or so for DLC that should've been in the core game. 

1 hour ago, KillerKeemgar said:

Im concerned about this game now, i severely doubt that this game will launch this Christmas. They have a little over 2 months to add in basically half of the core game content. To put that into perspective scorched earth only launched about a month and a half ago on September 1st. While the huge amount of creatures arent essential for the full release (they can be added after) the core mechanics as well as huge optimisation are absoloutly needed before launch. So yeah i don't see ark releasing any time soon : (

This is the second time I've seen a post referencing to 'core game' content, and the unlikelihood of them being able to release the game on time. Where is this status quo defining what Arks 'Core Game' content actually is? Am i missing something?

I was under the impression that is  'Core Game' was defined as being completely bug-less with all added content that was promised before launch. Where is this list?  Aside from dossiers obviously. 

I was under the assumption that new things added were additions to the game the company wanted to include in core game, and such things came as they were launched. Not the other way around in reference to core game.

If the list exists, an extensive one, I want to take a peak at it.  

Maybe I'm the one who's misconceived. 

28 minutes ago, Critter said:

This is the second time I've seen a post referencing to 'core game' content, and the unlikelihood of them being able to release the game on time. Where is this status quo defining what Arks 'Core Game' content actually is? Am i missing something?

I was under the impression that is  'Core Game' was defined as being completely bug-less with all added content that was promised before launch. Where is this list?  Aside from dossiers obviously. 

I was under the assumption that new things added were additions to the game the company wanted to include in core game, and such things came as they were launched. Not the other way around in reference to core game.

If the list exists, an extensive one, I want to take a peak at it.  

Maybe I'm the one who's misconceived. 

They've already said they want to add all the content before they start to optimise the game. Tek tier, ascension etc are bound to bring a plethora of bugs (on top of the bugs that already exist) that will need stamping out and if they do intend to only optimise the game properly once all content has been added they need to get these two major game changing things released before launch. They cannot release the game in its current state that's a fact. And yes while they've slowly increase performance over time its still not enough for a full release. Im fine with content being released after launch as i mentioned before but im just going by what they've already stated time and time again. If they want a smooth, big free and optimised release they need to get as much major content out as possible.

Also tek tier will be such a game changer that it will need constant re balancing until its balanced. This will take a long time so would make sense for early access... The last thing they want is to release with a broken game where new players get wrecked by a guy with a laser giga. Nothing puts off new players as much as poor optimisation and poor balance. This applies especially to the players on xbox and soon to be ps4 as they arent used to games like ark. Consoles mainly have polished AAA titles which you know what you're getting when you buy it. 

In short im not hating on wildcard nor am it condemning them. Im merely showing conerm for a game id hate to see fail especially after all the love put into it

12 hours ago, KillerKeemgar said:

They've already said they want to add all the content before they start to optimise the game. Tek tier, ascension etc are bound to bring a plethora of bugs (on top of the bugs that already exist) that will need stamping out and if they do intend to only optimise the game properly once all content has been added they need to get these two major game changing things released before launch. They cannot release the game in its current state that's a fact. And yes while they've slowly increase performance over time its still not enough for a full release. Im fine with content being released after launch as i mentioned before but im just going by what they've already stated time and time again. If they want a smooth, big free and optimised release they need to get as much major content out as possible.

Also tek tier will be such a game changer that it will need constant re balancing until its balanced. This will take a long time so would make sense for early access... The last thing they want is to release with a broken game where new players get wrecked by a guy with a laser giga. Nothing puts off new players as much as poor optimisation and poor balance. This applies especially to the players on xbox and soon to be ps4 as they arent used to games like ark. Consoles mainly have polished AAA titles which you know what you're getting when you buy it. 

In short im not hating on wildcard nor am it condemning them. Im merely showing conerm for a game id hate to see fail especially after all the love put into it

Understood. I knew about those. Aside from dossiers, is that all that was promised though? Anything aside from what's 'A little further out'?

17 hours ago, Dimetime35c said:

Dude as a community moderator that's not the kind of response you should be making!!!!! I'm talking about the insult on bad math! Your representative of WC! You could have left it without that comment. All your doing is showing how immature WC and it's staff are. Not to mention piss in off the community you guys already have pissed off. 

I'm sure the community moderators are doing the best they can just as the developers are.  Someone calling someone out on math logic that looks like they grabbed up out of the toilet doesn't anger the whole Ark community, so speak for yourself.  I don't represent WC in anyway so I'll say it:  EVERYBODY PULL YOUR DIAPERS UP AND STOP CRYING ABOUT EVERYTHING and enjoy the great game that these people have so graciously bestowed upon us.

Archived