ETA, Patches, and Content 'Discussion'

AndrewLB

46 minutes ago, DoubleDerp92 said:

So long as its cheep and is good i dont see how thats a bad thing. Other then proving that the more stuff you spam the more money they try to get off you with dlc.

I don't care about the cost of any of that. What i care about is I paid money to Wildcard to develop a game called Ark: Survival Evolved. And when none of the projected updates or even the announced release date are even close to being met, where anyone who complained here got berated by the wildcard defense force (WDF) who would always make excuses about how they're working super hard and things just take time.... only to then discover they took the money we paid to develop one game, diverted a substantial chunk along with part of the development team, and made a paid DLC. What amazes me is these same WDF people, after faithfully pushing a completely false narrative didn't learn their lesson and are back, hard at work to justify another delay using the same excuses as before SE, lol. The textbook definition of insanity is continually repeating the same thing again and again hoping for a different result. Come to think of it, i guess that puts me in the same boat as the WDF. I keep hoping they'd meet a deadline and they keep explaining away bad behavior by the developer  but we both keep getting the same result. lol

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gibbon said:

... You build space ships and try em out right? Sorry if that's not actually the case lol That's just what I heard from my friend who has it.

No problem. I had thought the same thing you had. My nephew , 20 years younger than me , he is a gifted child , his teacher introduced it to them and he in turn showed it to me.

You don't just build. You do everything. the physics are exact and in career mode on vanilla no mods , its truly truly difficult. Its most definitely not everyones cup of tea , but its a great game and has far more depth than you would expect.

On 1/2/2016 at 6:06 AM, Jen said:

Upcoming Version: v243, ETA: June 22

Not sure why anyone's upset. Its like every patch before it. Garbage, broken, delayed and most lovely of all missing most of the things stated in the patch notes. Wild Card is a joke. This is literally their norm. Remember water mating in the patch notes 3 months ago lol.

34 minutes ago, SasquatchJ07 said:

i have stated this before and to warn you people are going to come after you for this because apparently everyone in this thread "has no developing experience or doesn't understand how games work" or so i have been told so good luck sir

I love being told that by people who never worked a day of their life in the video game industry when i spent two years at Activision, albeit many years before these companies came up with the scheme to charge consumers to do their beta testing  instead of paying rooms full of employees to do the testing like has been the norm till recent years.

Alright ladies and gentlemen.   I know we are all upset, after a bit of reading and finally catching up, it is what it is.   We can sit here and say all day, this and that (I'm at fault earlier and probably shouldn't have worded as I did), but for the sake of this thread, so it doesn't get locked, lets get it back on topic.   We were simply asked earlier by @GamerPerfection to not argue with each other in here.   I can see it's starting to happen again, so if we want to discuss how they constantly miss the ETA, etc, etc.........someone go make a new thread and lets keep this thread for discussing any questions for the upcoming patch.   Fair enough?     :) 

Edit:  I'm not a moderator, and some of you might want to ask me to mind my business, to which I am.   I'm just offering some suggestions so we can keep posting in here, without fear of it being locked on us.

2 minutes ago, SiiiNFUL said:

lol says the kid with 21 posts. If you had any experience with the patches of ark you would be hard pressed to counter my argument.

And I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, you just need to understand what early acces means. I try to keep positive, because I enjoy their content. I'm perfectly fine with you not being it, but please argument instead of putting down energy calling the game out for being garbage, when there are games like NMS out there.

Just now, danieljacobsson said:

I have experience, if you check my linked steam profile, you'll see i have over 1500 hours. I've just used twitter and steam forums mostly.

Dont care what your steam says. Ive been here on the site were using now. 88 days played on ark. Bought an xbox and ssd just for an ark server. All the patches Ive seen have been delayed, missing most of the updates or broken. You have bno ground to stand on with me,  - You can now wield your weapons when mount-riding certain Dinos. The ARK Box Art is for reals 
-New Feature: Procedurally Generated ARKs! EXPERIMENTAL INITIAL TEST!
- New Mechanic: Breeding Phase 3: Random Mutations and Family Trees
- New Mechanic: Explorer Notes
- New Structure: Dynamic-Length Bridges
- New Dino: Kaprosuchus!
- New Dino: Diplocalus!
- New Dino: Chalicotherium!
- New Dino: Megalosaurus!
- Render batching optimization for ~20% perf in structure-heavy areas
- Tree Platforms now have +70% HP and +50% resistance to explosive damage

literally half of the updates are missing and it was delayed 2 times ALREADY. 

1 hour ago, SiiiNFUL said:

Not sure why anyone's upset. Its like every patch before it. Garbage, broken, delayed and most lovely of all missing most of the things stated in the patch notes. Wild Card is a joke. This is literally their norm. Remember water mating in the patch notes 3 months ago lol.

damn....tbh these wildcard devs are actually some of the most communicative i know...at least theyre wayyy better than EA.

Dont care what your steam says. Ive been here on the site were using now. 88 days played on ark. Bought an xbox and ssd just for an ark server. All the patches Ive seen have been delayed, missing most of the updates or broken. You have bno ground to stand on with me,  - You can now wield your weapons when mount-riding certain Dinos. The ARK Box Art is for reals 
-New Feature: Procedurally Generated ARKs! EXPERIMENTAL INITIAL TEST!
- New Mechanic: Breeding Phase 3: Random Mutations and Family Trees
- New Mechanic: Explorer Notes
- New Structure: Dynamic-Length Bridges
- New Dino: Kaprosuchus!
- New Dino: Diplocalus!
- New Dino: Chalicotherium!
- New Dino: Megalosaurus!
- Render batching optimization for ~20% perf in structure-heavy areas
- Tree Platforms now have +70% HP and +50% resistance to explosive damage

literally half of the updates are missing and it was delayed 2 times ALREADY. 

just to kinda state it, the patch has been delayed actually 6 times, it was scheduled for the 1 after last month update, then the 10, then week of tenth, then 18, 19, and now the 20.

lol says the kid with 21 posts. If you had any experience with the patches of ark you would be hard pressed to counter my argument.

Its because he can't counter your argument, thus the need to silence you. I have owned this  game for just about a year now and i can't recall anything being released on time except perhaps when they gave everyone a heads up, one month in advance of something "very big"... which turned out to be Scorched Earth. lol. you just can't make this sh*t up!

See, my problem is I keep expecting Wildcard to see the error in their ways and change the way they constantly announce-then-delay. A few weeks back when Jat came out ahead of a disappointing delay and explained the technical issues they were having, i praised his new and far more transparent way of keeping us all informed. But alas... he probably read my glowing review of him and said to himself "F that guy... im going back to the old ways. keep 'em in the dark so they b*tch and moan all day while i get a beer". lol.

Things change, and sometimes fixing one problem leads to a dozen others.  I get it -- you're disappointed that not everything made it through.  But this is just the way when dealing with programming and computers in general.

If wildcard didn't post rough ETAs, you'd have people who would constantly be asking when the next patch would drop, other people criticizing WC for their lack of communication, and lastly, people wanting to know when the rough ETA was so that they could plan their activities around it.

Sir, this is unworthy of you.  You have no clue as to why he does or does not post, nor do you have any idea of his age.  Denigrating him does not make your opinion look any stronger.

Although, this does bring up a very good point . . . . Most people here have been here for a while and should have noticed that sometimes a patch will be delayed.  Which makes me wonder. . . why does everyone assume that these patches are set in stone?  They should all be treated like ETAs.  (I mean seriously . . . this is active game development AND it happens to be a game; they're adding new stuff, not taking any away.  I'm really not sure why people are so full of vitriol.)

As an aside, I'm wondering how procedurally generated ARKs treat spawn points.  I would REALLY love to try playing a generated ark with Annunaki Genesis, but I think that would have to depend on how the spawns are treated.

How so? EA dont put out broken games or patches and certainly not late either. Maybe they spend less time on twitter and more time fixing their game?

Ya, they totally release their games unbroken-with the insane amount of money that they charge from us...

smh to be honest. Communication is everything in an early access game like this, where nobody knows how a game will turn out.

1 minute ago, Grimm said:

Alright ladies and gentlemen.   I know we are all upset, after a bit of reading and finally catching up, it is what it is.   We can sit here and say all day, this and that (I'm at fault earlier and probably shouldn't have worded as I did), but for the sake of this thread, so it doesn't get locked, lets get it back on topic.   We were simply asked earlier by @GamerPerfection to not argue with each other in here.   I can see it's starting to happen again, so if we want to discuss how they constantly miss the ETA, etc, etc.........someone go make a new thread and lets keep this thread for discussing any questions for the upcoming patch.   Fair enough?     :) 

Edit:  I'm not a moderator, and some of you might want to ask me to mind my business, to which I am.   I'm just offering some suggestions so we can keep posting in here, without fear of it being locked on us.

While I agree with you 100% that the vitriol and personal attacks really need to stop. Its the blind denial shown by a portion of the community , in a lot of cases , newer community members , who have yet to witness the hype train/fail update/no proper communication WC has begun to lean towards. Grimm , seriously , id love to hear your opinion on Jens post last night regarding 248 and working on PGM and posting pics of Dino's literally almost insinuating everything was ok ,  then less than 12 hours later , pgm is in and the real fixes needed are out? They could of easily stated in that post the truth of the situation. They weren't close at all. Now today again and after their post stating 248 today and still no 248 , and really its not even close to what 248 was intended to be , more like a .9994.

My complaint is not something that should be out of reach or out of the question. Id rather a working game , like everyone else , but don't keep telling me your bringing apples to my place and leaving lemons on my porch instead and complain when that apple pie you wanted is a lemon tarte.

6 minutes ago, SiiiNFUL said:

How so? EA dont put out broken games or patches and certainly not late either. Maybe they spend less time on twitter and more time fixing their game?

You should slow your roll and stop insulting people. It makes you extremely immature and you are honestly acting like a spoiled child. Keep in mind that this is an early access game, and sometimes plans fall apart due to circumstances. Also keep in mind that Wildcard has been working their best and so far they have developed a remarkable game; it is way better than anything EA releases considering they aren't money-whoring bastards. With that in mind, just calm the hell down.

5 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

Its because he can't counter your argument, thus the need to silence you. I have owned this  game for just about a year now and i can't recall anything being released on time except perhaps when they gave everyone a heads up, one month in advance of something "very big"... which turned out to be Scorched Earth. lol. you just can't make this sh*t up!

See, my problem is I keep expecting Wildcard to see the error in their ways and change the way they constantly announce-then-delay. A few weeks back when Jat came out ahead of a disappointing delay and explained the technical issues they were having, i praised his new and far more transparent way of keeping us all informed. But alas... he probably read my glowing review of him and said to himself "F that guy... im going back to the old ways. keep 'em in the dark so they b*tch and moan all day while i get a beer". lol.

exactly my friend. Only thing you can count on with are patches is delays or missing the best part of the patch notes. To all the white nights, They put out what they said was a polished and finished product in scorched earth, for a game that isn't even finished lol how does that make sense logic or otherwise?

lol and you say im the insulting one haha, 2 posts? game over for you blocked perm. And better then ea? lol battlefield 1? makes more in one release then ark ever will.

ummm....that's because they charge a whole 60 bucks-ark charges only 20.

Also because of the massive hype from similar games-ark is unlike anything ever released.

Archived