What do you hate most about ARK. (see rules for posting)

Jim359

The sound your character makes when eating. Misophones unite.

Breeding RNG. I've been working on a project for a couple weeks and I have come to the conclusion that I either have the worst luck ever or something about inheritance is just inherently broken. I either get exactly what I want on the first go, or not at all. Very annoying, especially now that I'm at a point where I absolutely need certain combinations of stats/colors/gender and I'm just not getting it.

Building. I love having built, but I hate the building process. Bad snaps, bad clipping, misplacements, pillar nipples, rotated structures not lining up properly...everything about it is frustrating if you're trying to do anything more intricate than a box.

Fog. Night fog. Night fog with rain. Underwater fog. Did I mention fog? If there were more weather effects so it didn't pop up so much and it stopped being underwater I don't think I would mind it half so much.

How elusive certain spawns are. I can hunt all day and see maybe a half dozen of a target animal, meanwhile I'm tripping over and destroying legions of literally everything else. When alphas are more common than some normal animals, I feel like there's maybe a problem with the spawn weights, lol.

19 minutes ago, CTMalum said:

I hate how there isn't an option to transfer all items of the same type.  I hate how much quetz egg kibble it takes to tame a good mosasaur. 

Actually there is an option to filter what is shown in inventory windows.  Which you can then hit drop all/transfer all.  or just click as many as you like.  Above inventory windows to the right corner is a lil box, click it and type in your filter choice.  to "close" the filter box just leftclick in the window

1 hour ago, mronemanmob said:

Do you know you can hold in A to move a whole stack and press y to split stacks.   just incase you didn't know

I did, but I appreciate the tip (because what if I didn't!). Plus, someone else might see that and not know. Also, for spoiling meats, spam the X button to split off one.

Either way, when you have to grab 25 ferts from a cabinet, the routine of click (a) > hold > x25 is just silly. I should be able to click R3, hold, and get a dialogue that promtps, "transfer all of [TYPE]?". I should also be able to drag a selection. Cursor to a selection > L3 > drag with d-pad or sticks > L3 again to confirm selection. Now I can drop, transfer, whatevs ... It would be some work but the menus must--I repeat--must be enhanced on the consoles. We don't have a mouse and keyboard, Wild Card!

1 hour ago, BaMxBooZeLLed said:

I hate having to sort my/objects inventory every time I bring it up. Wish I could have everything in alphabetical order at all times!

Yes! The sort should persist for at least your whole session. 

Also, just in case, when looking at your engrams, uncheck show all and it reveals a perfectly-organized list of folders. It's beautiful. I don't understand how that is not the default view. 

On 14/10/2016 at 9:22 PM, Duffried said:

Tails. Wagging tails. Animated wagging dinosaur tails... Morellotops, Thorney, Raptor, Doedicerus, Bronto...(probably many more I cannot think to mention right now)

All those wagging tails get on my raptoring tits. Try and walk past as it semi clips through you but not enough to let you pass but still enough to GET IN THE raptorING WAY!!!!

I wish there was an option to disable tail animations, or even chop them off.

That is annoying but the head tracking is way worse.  From pinning you in place to stopping you seeing things on the back of your quetzal.  I wish there was a client side toggle for it.

On 10/14/2016 at 2:31 PM, BaMxBooZeLLed said:

I hate having to sort my/objects inventory every time I bring it up. Wish I could have everything in alphabetical order at all times!

You should go to their suggestion forum and post that.  They already have sorting like that in combo containers.  Would prob be very simple to implement.

I hate when I'm just chilling on the beach with my buds and I'm a fresh spawn and I see a dude with 2 giga's just instantly kill us and I think wow what a great guy but I then go somewhere else and it has another guy on a gigantic and he kills me. I think what does he gain from killing fresh spawns. 

On 10/13/2016 at 4:14 PM, mronemanmob said:

I hate the part of the player base that constantly whines and cries about not being able to win at PVP, which are the same people I'm sure that are constantly crying about pillars in PVE.  I hate when the moderators remove my posts that don't violate any rules.  I hate when I get a large update that doesn't affect me personally because it cuts into my Ark playtime.  I hate when I don't get a large update that affects me personally, when I'm expecting it.  I hate when my favorite dire bear almost dies.  I hate when people say I play Ark too much.  I hate that Ark doesn't let you swear.  I hate that there aren't more skins.  I hate that I can't spray graffiti on my behemoth gates.  I hate when people suggest submitting tickets.  I hate when I run out of snacks and have to play ark while I'm grumpy.  I hate going to work because they will get sad if I take my Xbox.   I hate that the xbox player base gets treated like second class citizens compared to PC. 

TLTR: people.

You're tired of the Xbox player base being treated like second class compared to PC, but think about how us Ps4 players feel. We have to sit back and watch Xbox and PC players enjoy mods and Ark while we twiddle our thumbs and wait.

Being a dirty human, the complex process of wiping your save data, the Tarpor system, the mechanics of the AI, the swimming mechanic of the Sarcosucus, ANTS,  passive  taming of aggressive and rare, and mostly frail, creatures requiring you to burn resources to make a repellant on top of more to make the treat that tames them best ON TOP of a feeding cooldown, the inability to dig into the ground, the mating mechanics...

1 hour ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

Being a dirty human, the complex process of wiping your save data, the Tarpor system, the mechanics of the AI, the swimming mechanic of the Sarcosucus, ANTS,  passive  taming of aggressive and rare, and mostly frail, creatures requiring you to burn resources to make a repellant on top of more to make the treat that tames them best ON TOP of a feeding cooldown, the inability to dig into the ground, the mating mechanics...

So, basically everything?

2 hours ago, Jim359 said:

"  the inability to dig into the ground"

This one ^,  right there, thats all you need to make PVP balanced.  If we could hide from the alpha's untill we had some proper tools,  would be totally diff game,  Damn, talk about a game changer,  that would be it.

WE WANT BUNKERS!!!!!!!!

The fact that people whine about hiding from alphas but just Wont look for a server where alphas even help.

Trolls that come to PvP with the only intention of killing peoples hours of hard work.

Not having a cooldow on server character transfer so trolls keep server hopping  because its fun for them

Archived