OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 on Scorched Earth?

BlakeJace

23 minutes ago, Anteaque said:

Anyone figured out where to put this to get it to work in single player? I've tried GameUserSettings.ini, Game.ini and in launch options...no luck so far.

Cheers

I've tried everything for single player... Command Line,.. Game.ini....GameUserSettings.ini...nothing works....BUT, I did find a way to get your levels boosted to 150 with the use of a mod on Steam. It boosts dino levels to 150 and that's it. Gotta love the modders, seriously, this was amazing.

Mod name is '150SE' on Steam. I'm using it until Wildcard does something to fix Single Player levels.

10 hours ago, Anteaque said:

Anyone figured out where to put this to get it to work in single player? I've tried GameUserSettings.ini, Game.ini and in launch options...no luck so far.

Cheers

Make sure you keep the ? On the front of it, and it's only a command line change. Doesn't work in your config files.  I'm not familiar with changing single player games but I would think it works roughly the same.

Thanks for the replies guys;

So far I've tried, all with a dino wipe .

Launch Options:-

-OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0

no good.

? OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0

no good.

---------------------------------------

GameUserSettings.ini

[ServerSettings]

DifficultyOffset=1.000000

OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0

DifficultyOffset=3.000000

DifficultyOffset=5.000000

no good.

Game.ini

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]

no good.

I'm out of ideas, single player on the pc is different to a server setting. As for the Xbox One, sorry I have no experience with it so afraid I can't help there.

PhlingerPhoo. Thanks for the suggested mod, I'm a bit concerned about using this as when this is sorted out and can be applied as intended and I remove the mod, the dinos I tame using it might disappear? That might be the case it might not?

Cheers.

8 hours ago, Anteaque said:

PhlingerPhoo. Thanks for the suggested mod, I'm a bit concerned about using this as when this is sorted out and can be applied as intended and I remove the mod, the dinos I tame using it might disappear? That might be the case it might not?

You are very correct. I am also concerned with Dino's being wiped once the Single Player gets updated and I remove the mod, BUT, you should be able to upload them, remove the mod and fix the .ini file once WC updates single player and then re-download them...in theory.... if you use the mod, tame sparingly until WC officially fixes it.

Edit: I tested it. Installed mod, tamed a level 145 Paracer, found a few Wyvern eggs, 170 and 180 (well above the 4 Difficulty limit) and then removed the mod. Paracer remained and so did the eggs. Wild Dinos are also still there with a 5x modifier until I DestroyWildDinos then I'm pretty sure they will revert back to 4x. Since the mod only changes the modifier and not the dinos themselves, they remained when the mod was removed.

15 hours ago, PhlingerPhoo said:

You are very correct. I am also concerned with Dino's being wiped once the Single Player gets updated and I remove the mod, BUT, you should be able to upload them, remove the mod and fix the .ini file once WC updates single player and then re-download them...in theory.... if you use the mod, tame sparingly until WC officially fixes it.

Edit: I tested it. Installed mod, tamed a level 145 Paracer, found a few Wyvern eggs, 170 and 180 (well above the 4 Difficulty limit) and then removed the mod. Paracer remained and so did the eggs. Wild Dinos are also still there with a 5x modifier until I DestroyWildDinos then I'm pretty sure they will revert back to 4x. Since the mod only changes the modifier and not the dinos themselves, they remained when the mod was removed.

You have a very good point there sir. And if the problems aren't fixed with the update today (hopefully today) then that mod may well be the route i go down. Thanks for the info.

On 7.10.2016 at 2:51 PM, BlakeJace said:

Doesn't seem to work on Scorched Earth map right now. . .

Placed  OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 on my servers GameUserSettings.ini

Wiped old dinos. . .

No change in Dino level in my SE map.

Need someone from WC to say something about this.

You have to add it as a command line parameter, not in the GameUserSettings.ini.

Hopefully soon.  My host is taking their sweet time changing the control panel for those of us with clusters.  Currently you can change your command line options for non-cluster servers with their service, but not the clustered ones. FeelsBadMan.

A simple change to making this an INI option instead of just a command line switch would solve soooooooo many peoples issues.

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure if this is against the rules to ask, but has Jat followed through on his promise? I want 150s on single player 

On October 13, 2016 at 10:26 PM, Nowtarfu said:

The ?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 is a command line for server operation and not available right now in single player. Jat responded and stated that he will request an .ini option. So it is possible that it will come. Recommend patience. 

Thank you @Jat. You the man. Enjoy your weekend.

Archived