Wyvern Milk........are you guys serious?

TeRyn

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Sov said:

Trap a few low lvl female wyverns in cages, milk each once every 2 hr.  Milk is preserved in the preserving bin with salt and spark powder.  Can also be stored up to 24hrs in server xfer obelisk folder.  

The game is not lacking but your imagination and problem solving skills seem to be.

The obelisk folder exploit has been patched from what I heard.

15 hours ago, wildbill said:

Yes, if we have 3 people helping, then we will hatch at least 3, one for each person.

When I first saw this thread, I followed it because I thought at some point, they would fix how this worked. My plan a month ago, was to get all ready to raise one, get the trap, the raising area with the Air Conditioners, the fridge, the high level Argents. We got to that level, but no fix has shown up. I think we can find a way to make it work, might not be fun losing sleep, etc., but I think it will be worth it :)

Best of luck to you! I'm stuck at work today and missed a few of my night time alarms so looks like mine will have 69% imprinting... but at least I'll have one! 

Use "Taming trap" for wyverns, its quite easy with good argent. (There is lot of videos on youtube.)

Or you can use alpha wyvern, just bring it to your turrets, they will kill it in few seconds. (2-4 turrets are enough)

Just first day is hard, because baby cant eat too much, but you can use imprint to your advantage. If baby is asking for milk as imprint, before imprinting just feed it and after you will use milk for impriting, baby will get food also from that.

Advice: Always carry salt, inside of you + your bird. Spoiling is % based, if u lose 5% of time in your inventory, its 5% less time in preserving bin or dino.

Advice2: Dont forget that you can also force feed it. :)

On 10/29/2016 at 0:54 AM, wildbill said:

The obelisk folder exploit has been patched from what I heard.

You are correct,  they fixed it so you can't pull it back off the ob on SE.  but you can pull it off the ob on a non SE server and raise on either the center or island.  The nice thing about this is when you pull a milk of the ob the spoil time resets to 30 min.

1 hour ago, DirtyMactruck said:

You are correct,  they fixed it so you can't pull it back off the ob on SE.  but you can pull it off the ob on a non SE server and raise on either the center or island.  The nice thing about this is when you pull a milk of the ob the spoil time resets to 30 min.

Ah, interesting. Seems like to use this to the full advantage, you would want tribe members on both servers. Or alternately, calculate the amount of milk needed for the full 4 days of taming. Transfer that much milk and the egg(s) to the center or island server. Then transfer your character and stay on that server for the full 4 days to raise the wyverns. Now this of course is no help in raising wyverns on SE, which is really the topic here :)

1 hour ago, isu said:

Use "Taming trap" for wyverns, its quite easy with good argent. (There is lot of videos on youtube.)

Or you can use alpha wyvern, just bring it to your turrets, they will kill it in few seconds. (2-4 turrets are enough)

Just first day is hard, because baby cant eat too much, but you can use imprint to your advantage. If baby is asking for milk as imprint, before imprinting just feed it and after you will use milk for impriting, baby will get food also from that.

Advice: Always carry salt, inside of you + your bird. Spoiling is % based, if u lose 5% of time in your inventory, its 5% less time in preserving bin or dino.

Ah, I don't think I will be bringing an alpha wyvern back to my base. I can think of about 10 ways that can go horribly wrong :)

If you do watch a youtube video, keep in mind that there are probably more videos that show you a method to create a trap that is really only suited to use on a private server with 3x or more harvest rates. There is one that shows you the minimum, but really should be modified because I've found it is too minimal and can lead to the wyvern escaping and killing you. I've learned the hard way, you should probably make the remote a little farther away than suggested and protect it in some way. A mantis attacking you can destroy the remote. Also a poison wyvern can shoot poison that apparently drifts beyond its firing range that can kill you while you operate the remote just outside of its firing range. So dying 3 or 4 times before you perfect the trapping, not sure I'd call that easy. Although it is a challenge, like it should be :)

My solution for those without the time to tame a wyvern, find someone who has the time and trade them something for it. That is the final solution I came up with, the alternative of taking vacation, losing sleep, etc., didn't seem worth it to me when I can just trade for it. And having a wyvern is certainly worth it :)

I'm playing on official, we use same trap as these videos are suggestion and its really working. For me it seems quite easy, you just need to find low lvl wyvern, poison best. (We are using same trap as Fresonis suggested in his video.) 

Alpha wyvern is really slow after you agro it, its quite ez to kill her. If you are worried for ur base, just make small turret tower in desert near their trench and agro it there. ;)

17 minutes ago, isu said:

I'm playing on official, we use same trap as these videos are suggestion and its really working. For me it seems quite easy, you just need to find low lvl wyvern, poison best. (We are using same trap as Fresonis suggested in his video.) 

Alpha wyvern is really slow after you agro it, its quite ez to kill her. If you are worried for ur base, just make small turret tower in desert near their trench and agro it there. ;)

Ah, thanks. I didn't know the alpha slowed down after you agro it.

Yes, used the Fresonis trap, that is the one when built on ground that isn't perfectly level, will not prevent the wyvern from escaping. We built on the sand in the most level spot we could find, was fairly level, but the ceilings had about a 1/8 offset at the top, didn't meet in the center, that was enough for the wyvern to escape.

On 9/6/2016 at 6:28 PM, Smash said:

Just because they give people the option to play it solo doesn't mean that everything needs to be doable for a solo player.

Besides, getting milk isn't that hard if you're solo.  Just build a trap and lure low level wyverns in.  Use a keypad to close the door behind them.  Then just tranq them out and get the milk. 

Not True everything does need to be doable by a solo player because making everything too tribe centric alienates the solo players who are already starting out at a disadvantage to begin with

Outside of bosses, I don't know of anything that cannot be done solo in this game and I disagree that solo players should be locked out of content.

This was just a post written by someone over reacting to a new game mechanic instead of calmly researching or discussing on these forums how to best tackle the mechanic as a single player. This is a normal reaction when something new comes out, people deal with change differently.

Several months on, tactics are now well documented.

Honestly guys I'm kind of sick of all the crying that happens on this forums, if you have the time on official wyverns are really really easy I built 2 very cheap traps and I trap 6 female wyverns at a time I have easily raised 13 baby wyverns at 1 go.. That is without going out and finding alphas I have also raised 6 wyverns at a time alpha hunting.. Keep in mind other then having a ally or a tribe mate set at base while I trap all this was fine solo. If you have the time there easy. Get on every morning trap some wyverns tranq em and log off till later that night trap a few more tranq and log off if you want to.. 4 days people after the first full day you got a wyvern one would have to over sleep 12+ hours to lose them to hunger.. After they go into statis they eat super slow.. I don't have a ton of time arm but if you have questions just ask

On 02/11/2016 at 5:27 PM, isu said:

When it comes to the turret approach I've built basically the same thing as the cage but with turrets on the inside makes alphas easy kills.

On 03/11/2016 at 10:20 PM, Cobretti said:

Outside of bosses, I don't know of anything that cannot be done solo in this game and I disagree that solo players should be locked out of content.

This was just a post written by someone over reacting to a new game mechanic instead of calmly researching or discussing on these forums how to best tackle the mechanic as a single player. This is a normal reaction when something new comes out, people deal with change differently.

Several months on, tactics are now well documented.

All I can say is the grappling hook was a godsend for solo quetzal training sure beat the parachute method.

On ‎04‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 10:16 AM, CaptainDusty45 said:

Honestly guys I'm kind of sick of all the crying that happens on this forums, if you have the time on official wyverns are really really easy I built 2 very cheap traps and I trap 6 female wyverns at a time I have easily raised 13 baby wyverns at 1 go.. That is without going out and finding alphas I have also raised 6 wyverns at a time alpha hunting.. Keep in mind other then having a ally or a tribe mate set at base while I trap all this was fine solo. If you have the time there easy. Get on every morning trap some wyverns tranq em and log off till later that night trap a few more tranq and log off if you want to.. 4 days people after the first full day you got a wyvern one would have to over sleep 12+ hours to lose them to hunger.. After they go into statis they eat super slow.. I don't have a ton of time arm but if you have questions just ask

Right now, i also plan how to get a Wyvern Farm running as a Solo-Player.

I think the hardest Part will be the resource farming, because I want to build my Base right next to the Trap, so I can`t go with the cheapest Trap.

If I understand correctly then a female trapped Wyvern will also regenerate the Milk over time again. Once I manage to trap 2 Wyverns in a good Trap, I should be able to raise my Baby Wyvern without even need to leave my Base -  is that possible or do I forget something?

I`d also like to know, how many RL-Days I should plan in for that, before I can leave the Wyvern alone again?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Vangr said:

I think the hardest Part will be the resource farming, because I want to build my Base right next to the Trap, so I can`t go with the cheapest Trap.

If I understand correctly then a female trapped Wyvern will also regenerate the Milk over time again. Once I manage to trap 2 Wyverns in a good Trap, I should be able to raise my Baby Wyvern without even need to leave my Base -  is that possible or do I forget something?

I`d also like to know, how many RL-Days I should plan in for that, before I can leave the Wyvern alone again?

Thanks!

Keep in mind that if you wish to keep a wyvern in your base you will need to stay in render range of the base and online to keep the wyvern locked down in your base, the moment you leave the rendering range it will fly through the building and go out.

We raised and 100% imprinted 6 wyverns at the same time most of them level 180/190 and set alarms on the imprinting timers to get maximum imprint and it took some sleep deprivation but it is well worth it, the wyverns are so much better imprinted.
Timewise  they would need care in about every 3 to 4 hours, the more wyverns you do the more the timers start to go apart from each other, but you can miss 1 or 2 imprints depending on the timers you are getting to still get a 100%, we succesfully100% imprinted all our wyverns at the 92% of the maturation timer.

and this was just 2 persons doing this, for a solo player it is doable to do this as well, as we sometimes went for milk solo as well, without any problems, anything is possible for a solo player in this matter only thing it requires preparation.

• 2 weeks later...
On November 7, 2016 at 3:02 AM, Vangr said:

Thanks!

Yea man it is very easy, if plan atleast 2 real life days before you can just go and explore lol after that it's really as simple as giving yourself enough time in between feedings to trap and tranq a female after your first high lvl u don't need to trap anymore just aloha hunt and that's doable by clearing den waiting 15 min and searching again, plus more eggs while u hunt milk

People can do what they want but I think some common courtesy would be nice. Although many people share traps, the space should be there for new players to build their own so I think planning a huge base in that zone isn't the greatest idea.

Recently we have had a Chinese tribe pillar a large area of the trap area, even dropping pillars in front of the entrance of other people's traps. It's rude and how much time are you really saving when a milk run takes 5 minutes.

Bit of courtesy goes a long way.

18 minutes ago, Cobretti said:

People can do what they want but I think some common courtesy would be nice. Although many people share traps, the space should be there for new players to build their own so I think planning a huge base in that zone isn't the greatest idea.

Recently we have had a Chinese tribe pillar a large area of the trap area, even dropping pillars in front of the entrance of other people's traps. It's rude and how much time are you really saving when a milk run takes 5 minutes.

Right. I built one of these bases with the trap attached, but I built it about 1 minute south of the scar. I don't think it will interfere with anyone. It is almost straight towards the desert from the red oby. The advantage of that location also was that it only took me a few hours to run pipes so it now has water. I've yet to raise a wyvern in it, need to schedule the time for that still.

4 hours ago, Cobretti said:

I built a trap and a base near south 2.. Not hard to kite dragons with a decent argy anyhow I think a base near the den is stupid anyhow... It's a common alpha death worm spawn

• 1 month later...

Are you kidding make it harder not easier...

what sense of accomplishment do you get if they make this easier......

its an op Dino should be op to tame... if every newbie not willing to do the work has one there nothing special but if everyone that has one has to work for if  they will love them more..

dont get me wrong the last 6 days all I have wanted was sleep, but I am the very happy owner of 3 100% imprint wryean (yes one of each) but I still have 2 more days to go for tribe mates.. it's not Evan close to impossible 

requirments lots of salt 

1 fast bird 230+, 1 bird that can take damage with 200 ms 

1. build trap in desert, away from were you plan to hatch eggs, death worms will ruin your day....

2. fly in scar use damage bird and spyglass to find low lvl female wryean (less darts/arrow also less time it takes to knock her out) preferable not light.

3. lure her to pen/trap, you may get hit a few times (light will kill you at range fire best as short range)

4. use crossbow and count shots to knock her out (again less damage longer it will last before it dies crossbow because of cost of ammo)

5a. (if more then one person) one person stay at trap so wyrean does not despawn (should last about 24 hours or six feeds if you don't over kill but may last longer)  

5b. (if one person) fly out of spawn range and feed babies  go back to step 2

really the only hard part is finding the time but if you want one you will make the time if you won't or can't you don't really want 

good idea is to find an alliance to help

build close together and you can take turns sitting in desert stopping despawn 

The challenge to this game is survival with 2x this has already Been curtailed. let's not ruin this game anymore by asking them to remove more challenge 

I think the OP was a bit confused how everything works, so it seemed even harder than it is.

But I think the main point, that the milk spoils too quick is still dead on. I just raised 1 and have 5 more becoming adults in about 10 hours, so I know what you have to go through.

I pretty much did it like the previous poster says how to do it. You are going to be sleep deprived, but if the milk would only last a bit longer, for instance if you could put it in a fridge to make it last about 4x as long, or whatever a fridge normally does, then you could choose to sleep a bit more, although you couldn't get the 100% imprint. I think mine will be 94%, so I'm obviously a bit sleep deprived right now :)

Yes, I had to take time off to make it happened, wanted to do it at least once, will probably do it again.

The main thing to make it as easy as possible, wait until you have at least level 180 eggs, don't raise any that are lower than about 170. The amount of food they start with is much higher. This will reduce the time demands considerably. My first was a 190, and it last at least 10 hours with no food, which really surprised me. That was when I realized this wasn't going to be as bad as I expected (I'd seen a tribe mate raise some that were all lower levels, around 130 level, which was more work).

Archived