Graphics after Update

Sarin

The game looks terrible after the update, I suspect the game will lose a good majority if this isn't fixed soon. This is actually news worthy how bad this is being managed. I am using 13900ks 8000mhz memory 48gb, 4090 and the game looks like a pixelated mess at 1440p. Where before I was at 80fps average, I am now at 40-60fps average with WORSE graphics. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Melonburst said:

The game looks terrible after the update, I suspect the game will lose a good majority if this isn't fixed soon. This is actually news worthy how bad this is being managed. I am using 13900ks 8000mhz memory 48gb, 4090 and the game looks like a pixelated mess at 1440p. Where before I was at 80fps average, I am now at 40-60fps average with WORSE graphics. 

The latest update fixes cosmetics from the Winter Wonderland event. I suspect bug fixes are behind by 3 months at least!

Edited by DoofusDoofington

On 3/17/2024 at 12:48 AM, iStephano said:

Is there a temp workaround to this problem tho? I know people before used an older nvidia driver to fix ghosting problems (537.58) For this problem now i have a feeling they messed something up when implementing FSR

Unfortunetly I don't think there is. It's bug Wildcard introduced in their update last Monday. The lack of acknowledgment makes me concerned that we still aren't close to a fix even a week later!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boyheat said:

It's very noticeable on a flyer like Argentavis, it has the effect of making it appear it has 8 pairs of wings. :D

...think that on XBox-S I have always seen it like this, even in ASE it was normal for me :D and it has been normal again from the beginning in ASA, very marked when you fly at high altitude in fog, flying among the Sequoias inside the redwood, flying over the snowy biome. 

Besides this, not from the Patch but since Christmas: I can't upload Screenshots of the game here but if you saw the "polygonal triangular trees" of the Swamp you would say that Origami is a 4k work :D:D

i have to correct myself after 2 hours of gameplay.
The fps is improved from the after-patch.... but still faar from the performance of before-patch. let's say somewhere in the middle.
Plus the pixelation is still there, and some other strange stuff like... when u fly with argentavis u can see the wings multiple times.
Going back to play something else, shame on you Wildcard for using your costumers (who have already paid 40euros) to be your testers for free, if i knew before about yourbehavior i wouldnt be here

Edited by battlew

4 hours ago, battlew said:

i have to correct myself after 2 hours of gameplay.
The fps is improved from the after-patch.... but still faar from the performance of before-patch. let's say somewhere in the middle.
Plus the pixelation is still there, and some other strange stuff like... when u fly with argentavis u can see the wings multiple times.
Going back to play something else, shame on you Wildcard for using your costumers (who have already paid 40euros) to be your testers for free, if i knew before about yourbehavior i wouldnt be here

Maybe the new update will finally fix everything after all.

Edited by OrPernizal

I wonder what could be the issue, because I have experienced no change in FPS after the patch and I also don't experience the pixelation. Ironically, the patch made things better. I can finally move on from nvidia drivers from Oct 10 without crashing.  I have been using ancient drivers out of necessity for months now. I am finally free. 

I run on a laptop with a Mobile RTX 4070, I7 13th gen and I don't seem to have a lot of the problems others have. Granted, I do have issues. Occasional crashes and the (now fixed) inability to use new drivers without crashing.  But overall, the game has run really well on a mix of high/medium settings.  They have even fixed the ridiculous disco strobe lighting with global illumination on high. 

Im guessing you’re playing at 1080p? The pixelation is still there but you wont notice it as much on lower res. 1440p and up with settings on high / epic its very noticeable, actually horrible looking. I tried to replace the DLL file to an older version (1.0.7.0 for DLSS) and the issue is still there. So whatever they did, the issue seems to be in conflict with the driver, well maybe 

I just downloaded the game on Series X gamepass and jumped in to a new game. As soon as i got in the visuals are super blurry and you cannot see more than a few feet in front of you making it pretty much unplayable. Is there a fix for this or is it a known issue currently? I appreciate any help as i cannot wait to hop back in!