Best way to take down the alpha dragon?

So I'm playing through the island now (on ASE) and I'm trynna do alpha overseer and I'm not too worried about the broodmother and megapithicus, broodmother is a pushover with megatheriums and the megapithicus doesn't do very well against good hexes, but that leaves the alpha dragon, so what would I need to take down the alpha dragon, I'm talking like the stats of the creature I need, how much armor a saddle for them should have, and what else I'll need to bring

Edit: I'm gonna give a little more clarity, I'm limited to whatevers on the island and my current plan is therizinos but I don't know the saddle armor I'll need and stats are helpful to know too

Edited by Lagonbreezey

18 minutes ago, Lagonbreezey said:

Honsstly i dont think ill need ascendent saddles, im on singleplayer and I got this 77 armor blueprint that's a lot cheaper and I have good crafting skill

Most of us only do it on official settings, so it's hard to say what would work with single player settings. We did the beta with a similar blueprint and lost a few of our theris. They weren't the greatest theris -- if I remember right they were born with 35-40 points into each of health and damage.

5 hours ago, Lagonbreezey said:

my current plan is therizinos but I don't know the saddle armor I'll need and stats are helpful to know too

300% melee, then as much health as they have levels for, and the best saddles that are cost effective for you. Anything with 60+ armor will probably do the job.

Also, take 1 yuty for buffs and 1 daeodon for auto-healing, then 18 theri's.  If you're playing solo you ride the yuty and have the daeodon on follow. If you're in a tribe no one needs to ride the daeodon, still put it on follow to the yuty.

Excellent alternative that is little used: Mammhut (only drawback in breeding is that it is mammalian)

Similar to what Pipinghot wrote although I prefer to put at least one pair with more points in damage.

In addition to the tips: make sure you bring both male and female specimens to get the pair buff, if you use Thery remember to put some Cakes on them (about ten would be ideal on each of them) minimum 5 are very important, the BP of 77 is good especially if you use a Ravager Tonic to move your points in Creation Skills before creating them, good quality Ghillie clothes and soup for the heat, a shotgun to eliminate annoying Dimorphodons and to shoot the Dragon when it is in flight, finally I like to have a high health Mammhut pair (or squad) (also with Cakes in inventory) for its debuff effect. 

Keep in mind that the Dragon tends to target your Dino with the Weight of greater Drag, so you may be able to block it by having it surrounded by Thery while it tries to reach your Yuti, an alternative is to add a pair of Rexes to the team (one male and one female) which will draw the Dragon's attention to them, on them the health points have a relative value due to the percentage damage of the fire but it helps with normal attacks and minions (I would try to put all life on one and all attack on the other). 

Regarding the basic points it is definitely recommended to have more than 40 in both HP and Damage and all with Imprinting.

PS: Did you manage to beat Dinopithecus King?

20 hours ago, zero064 said:

Most of us only do it on official settings, so it's hard to say what would work with single player settings. We did the beta with a similar blueprint and lost a few of our theris. They weren't the greatest theris -- if I remember right they were born with 35-40 points into each of health and damage.

Rn my current plan is 18 theris with 25k health and 800%+ melee, whatever I can level them to, I got a blueprint with 77 armor that's only apprentice, then a yuty, probably about 20k health and a decent saddle, then a daedon, I'll probably also get it to 20k health then stack the rest into food along with I'd say like 80 armor on a saddle can keep it alive, I'm on singleplayer so its not gonna be too hard to take it down if I just don't rush the preparations, also sweet veggie cakes, having like 2 for each would work. Plan will probably work but it's always good to try and get feedback to make sure I can beat it

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 3:47 PM, Lagonbreezey said:

Rn my current plan is 18 theris with 25k health and 800%+ melee, whatever I can level them to, I got a blueprint with 77 armor that's only apprentice, then a yuty, probably about 20k health and a decent saddle, then a daedon, I'll probably also get it to 20k health then stack the rest into food along with I'd say like 80 armor on a saddle can keep it alive, I'm on singleplayer so its not gonna be too hard to take it down if I just don't rush the preparations, also sweet veggie cakes, having like 2 for each would work. Plan will probably work but it's always good to try and get feedback to make sure I can beat it

alright, that ended up working only 2 dead

• Thanks 3

On 2/25/2024 at 7:41 PM, Lagonbreezey said:

alright, that ended up working only 2 dead

My go to is 20-25k health, 1000+melee, and 10 cakes each.......also deadon and yuty. Saddles is nice, but hard to find.

Also, I ride the pig and it usually has 100k food, I will tell the yuty to passively follow, not too closely, and while using super healing, Ill shotgun the dragon from afar......close enough to heal and yuty boost, but far enough away that if the dragon decides to pay attention to me, he can't touch me.

Edited by wizard03