Redwood tree houses easily destroyed?

madfretter

• Volunteer Moderator

The big trees in the Redwood biome are not harvestable, with or without a treehouse platform, therefore they can't be knocked down.

To place anything on the platform you need to place foundations, so technically yes you can add ceilings to extend the size, but they need foundations first.

My problem is how viable will these really be in a pvp server? I understand trees aren't harvestable, that's good, but all someone has to do is stand under the platform and blow it up. That will destroy the entire thing. Every single thing built will crumble when one thing is taken out. 

Make I missing an obvious counter? Or defensive position? I know you can build under them to add protection and then there are turrets and such, and while this would be my plan when I do build on a redwood (when it comes to xbox) I don't know how viable it will be.

thought?

2 minutes ago, TheRealTFreezy said:

My problem is how viable will these really be in a pvp server? I understand trees aren't harvestable, that's good, but all someone has to do is stand under the platform and blow it up. That will destroy the entire thing. Every single thing built will crumble when one thing is taken out. 

Make I missing an obvious counter? Or defensive position? I know you can build under them to add protection and then there are turrets and such, and while this would be my plan when I do build on a redwood (when it comes to xbox) I don't know how viable it will be.

thought?

From what I've seen, Wooden Tree Platforms boast about 40,000 health. That's a pretty decent amount. So they're not coming down too easily. With turrets protecting from aerial assaults and some lower fortifications to harass players on the ground that're shooting up, I think Tree Bases are perfectly viable. I really wonder how they're gonna play out on Primitive and Primitive + servers. 

29 minutes ago, OnePotatoChip said:

From what I've seen, Wooden Tree Platforms boast about 40,000 health. That's a pretty decent amount. So they're not coming down too easily. With turrets protecting from aerial assaults and some lower fortifications to harass players on the ground that're shooting up, I think Tree Bases are perfectly viable. I really wonder how they're gonna play out on Primitive and Primitive + servers. 

Yeah without the use of turrets it could be harder to defend. Though with plant x what could even damage it that high in the air.?

1 hour ago, Tenebray said:

Wow, you're so clever...

Nothing clever intended. Just making a point of clarification given there is a vast difference between alpha and beta stages of development. Typically bad issues arise due to player misconceptions with regards to their expectations with those stages when they think its one when its actually the other. *shrug*

22 hours ago, Novarae said:

Nothing clever intended. Just making a point of clarification given there is a vast difference between alpha and beta stages of development. Typically bad issues arise due to player misconceptions with regards to their expectations with those stages when they think its one when its actually the other. *shrug*

Still impressed ;-)

Wooden one takes 2 rockets and metal one 22 rockets to destroy. So not really worth it in PvP servers in my opinion. Maybe if you build it as close to the ground as you can and then cover it up. But that kinda makes it redundant and you could have used the materials to build much bigger ground base.

edit:

Maybe if you can build pillars through it, you could cover up the bottom with ceilings. Then it  might be worth it. Have not tried any building on them yet so not sure what you can or can't do.

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 9:05 PM, OnePotatoChip said:

two rpgs for a wood platform TWO and 27 for metal see how you take the base with 27 no tree platforms will be used in pvp

Archived