ARK: Survival Ascended is Live on PlayStation and Mod Spotlight

StudioWildcard

17 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

A few exceptions?  Are you only playing games from last gen on your PS5?

Most games nowadays are absolutely 60fps as a standard. They might offer lower framerate quality modes, but 60 is generally the standard. Its not 2018 on ps4 anymore. 

Agreed, I also have a 120Hz Sony Bravia TV, they should allow VRR with 120Hz support at least, this  would boost the FPS

47 minutes ago, MooseX said:

Agreed, I also have a 120Hz Sony Bravia TV, they should allow VRR with 120Hz support at least, this  would boost the FPS

To run ASA in 60fps i think its difficult, bc of so many things the game has, and we can’t forget about those huge bases players do, to hit 60fps will require a good hardware, and i think ps5 and xbox don’t have the necessary hardware to make that happen, i could be wrong.

but we can put some console commands to disable some things to have a better experience.

The game has so many bugs, bad optimization, WILDCARD has a huge ground to cover all things, right now i’m playing the ps5 version and i can’t find playstation only servers, can’t add servers to favorites.

• Thanks 1

Hallo ich spiele auf der PS5 seit dem Start und ich muss sagen es läuft super hatte bis jetzt keine Probleme mit dem Spiel und beim spielen die krafik ist super und das Spiel läuft flüssig keine Abstürze und bis jetzt keine rollbecks 

Nur die vollen Server und die versprochen erhöten raten zu Beginn vermisse ich doch mit dem Spiel ansich bin ich mehr als zufrieden 👍

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mihcail said:

To run ASA in 60fps i think its difficult, bc of so many things the game has, and we can’t forget about those huge bases players do, to hit 60fps will require a good hardware, and i think ps5 and xbox don’t have the necessary hardware to make that happen, i could be wrong.

but we can put some console commands to disable some things to have a better experience.

The game has so many bugs, bad optimization, WILDCARD has a huge ground to cover all things, right now i’m playing the ps5 version and i can’t find playstation only servers, can’t add servers to favorites.

That's what they said about Cyberpunk 2077😉but look at it now. The hardware is not the issue.

On 12/2/2023 at 5:43 AM, Demon4030 said:

On my Xbox right now isn't not letting me on my single player game keep putting me back to my home screen can some help please thank u 

having this exact issue too, at this point i may just refund it, zero communication from the devs especially considering the save issue which has been around since launch, yet no comment on that either, they are announcing new paid dlc whilst their core game doesnt even work, its lowkey pathetic

• Haha 1

The water looks on PC aswell glitchy and has blocky artifacts - but only in native resolution (which does not exists because the game always enforces 80% resolutionscaling).

With Nvidia DLSS turned on, the artifacts dissapear - even in the lowest setting ultraperformance. So i wonder if we are getting any support for AMDs Fluid Motion Frames for Ark Ascended anytime soon. Would be huge buff for the imagequality and performance. Oh - and VSYNC - VSYNC please. Very important, i dont want to tear through the entire island while playing.

• Haha 1

On 11/30/2023 at 7:09 PM, polarmole said:

Please tell me you will be Adding a performance mode or something for ps5. It looks great but 30fps makes things hard to play after ages on everything being minimum 60. Bit concerned about it if I get surrounded by Wyverns in the Future.. or Bugs in a Cave..

Also drops to 20 if you're in a forest with a torch. 

A graphics card that can run at that level of detail at 60fps costs more than your PS5. That can be translated as, your console is nowhere near powerful enough to run that level of detail at 60fps.

5 hours ago, Arkolucious said:

The water looks on PC aswell glitchy and has blocky artifacts - but only in native resolution (which does not exists because the game always enforces 80% resolutionscaling).

With Nvidia DLSS turned on, the artifacts dissapear - even in the lowest setting ultraperformance. So i wonder if we are getting any support for AMDs Fluid Motion Frames for Ark Ascended anytime soon. Would be huge buff for the imagequality and performance. Oh - and VSYNC - VSYNC please. Very important, i dont want to tear through the entire island while playing.

You can enable vsync and Gsync via your nvidia graphics drivers. I run gsync and it works great.

On 12/4/2023 at 1:08 AM, Alegendkiller92 said:

I currently play ark survival ascend on ps5 and after only having the game 24 hours the system deleted my character and now every time i try and create a new character it is deleted after i save and log out . 

Same issue. I am unable to save anything. It will not save. My progress on PS5 as well. 

Ignoring issues players are screaming at the top of their lungs trying to get fixed to just be able to log into the game without crashing every single time while releasing new content and going live expecting people to show up and praise your work is delusional on an epic scale. FIX THE UNREAL ENGINE CODING SO GPU CRASHING STOPS. IF YOU ARE UNCLEAR ON THE ISSUE JUST GIVE DAVE AT NVIDEA A CALL AND MENTION PURPLERAIN. Your business model sucks. If you spent more time creating 1 game that runs smoothly that players can enjoy you wouldn't need to keep borrowing money only to borrow more money to pay back loans called in due to not fulfilling your end of the deal. Refunds will be the end of this company. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ElmilloRD said:

Saludos creadores de ARK. Este comentario es porque desde el pasado sábado estoy teniendo problemas jugando ARK ACENDED en PS5, lo probé en 3 servidores y pasa lo mismo la reducción de puntos en las estadísticas necesito ayuda con esto. Ya son 3 veces que pasa anoche siendo nivel 70 cuando complete los puntos para subir de nivel me habían reducido los puntos en la vida 100, energía 50 etc.

Espero su amable respuesta somos varios que jugamos y tenemos la situación, varios amigos quieren comprar el juego y por esa situación no lo han hecho en mi caso me encanta ARK pero esa situación no me ayuda tengo mucho tiempo perdido ya. Intente adjuntar una imagen y la reduje lo más que pude pero no me permite si pueden facilitar un correo para enviar 2 capturas que tengo se lo agradecería....Muchas gracias 

En la imagen adjunta podrá ver que soy nivel 71 y mis puntos no coinciden la reducción de puntos fue de repente el fin de semana pasado cuando mi amigo intentaba unir a mi tribu tan bien lo hacía. En este servidor estábamos jugando bien y derrepente tan bien bajo mis estadísticas.

IMG_20231206_214915.jpg

IMG_20231206_221751.jpg

On 12/1/2023 at 1:36 AM, overdoneterror said:

Can’t join server is all I get for every attempt at getting in the game. I spent the money on the game at launch and for 6 hours can’t play still. @Cedric any idea on how to get on a server?  

Hi I think I’m having the same problem but instead it won’t let me join official server only unofficial I bought the game like u and everytime I try joining a server it says NA JOINING SERVER .NUMBER THEN STAYS ON JOINING SERVER FOR HOURS BUT NEVER GET IN u solve it so far or still having the problem?

On 12/1/2023 at 1:36 AM, overdoneterror said:

Can’t join server is all I get for every attempt at getting in the game. I spent the money on the game at launch and for 6 hours can’t play still. @Cedric any idea on how to get on a server?  

I can’t either everytime I try join server I press join and it says NA  JOINING SERVER NUMBER THEN STAYS ON JOINING SERVER BUT NEVER ACTUALLY GET IN THE GAME BUT I CAN GET INTO UNOFFICIAL halve u found fix?

On 12/6/2023 at 3:45 AM, AndrewLB said:

You can enable vsync and Gsync via your nvidia graphics drivers. I run gsync and it works great.

....well how am i going to enable GSYNC/VSYNC via my Nvidia graphics driver on the PS5? I think you missunderstood my statement somehow. I was refering to the PS5s visual quality - because that is the topic - but of course AMD users on PC might have simelar problems. I hope they are able to add or are working on AMDs FSR3 Fluid Motion Frames. There are great news about this getting better and better just today.....and would be huge thing for the AMD-driven consoleversion.

If it works simelar to DLSSS in terms of quality - they could use it somehow to boost the FPS or visuals closer to the region, people are asking for.

On PC i had the impressions that native Resolution on 1440p at the forced 80% Upscale-Faktor looks very like between DLSS Performance&UltraPerformance-Setting - somewhat acceptable but not really good - and glitchy as an extra, which DLSS seems to fix somehow.

So they should go for AMD-Support. Consoleusers are a huge playerbase........