Xbox Server Questions

Assisted

Hi all,

I just bought ARK SA on Xbox, and I cannot play with my friend on Steam. Was I misinformed that this was supposed to be available at this point? We cannot find each other's servers listed in the non-dedicated servers list. I would also like to note that I am unable to join any of the official servers listed. It says connection timed out. Is it ever going to be possible to play on a private world with a non-dedicated server between Steam and Xbox?

Are there planned to be any actual PVE console only servers? Because it will make me reconsider buying if there are not................ I have no wish to attempt to do anything on a server dopminated by pc tribes who are faster, and have ways of hacking into my stuff and wrecking all chances of achieving anything. Anyone else wanting these please help get this post noticed

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GP said:

There won't be any PvE console only servers, only PvP ones.

What would the thinking behind that be then? Because from what my friends are saying in a chat right now, and from what we are all reading all over the internet, a LOT of folks simply won't buy the game if we cannot play the way we were able to before, no-one has an issue with consoles pve crossplay.....it's the addition of the pc side thats going to cause massive issues in fairness etc

They dropped 3 hours ago crossplay ones only. There is a post by cedric with a list of all servers but none for console only players.  According to a moderator there will be no pve only xbox servers, I hope this is not the case.  I personally refuse to play crossplay with pc players and their hacks 😔

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Xbox Server Questions
  • Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, MibsXX said:

What would the thinking behind that be then? Because from what my friends are saying in a chat right now, and from what we are all reading all over the internet, a LOT of folks simply won't buy the game if we cannot play the way we were able to before, no-one has an issue with consoles pve crossplay.....it's the addition of the pc side thats going to cause massive issues in fairness etc

I suspect the thinking is the cheating is more impactive on PvP? Although I'm not entirely sure the reason.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, recyclebinz45 said:

Hi all,

I just bought ARK SA on Xbox, and I cannot play with my friend on Steam. Was I misinformed that this was supposed to be available at this point? We cannot find each other's servers listed in the non-dedicated servers list. I would also like to note that I am unable to join any of the official servers listed. It says connection timed out. Is it ever going to be possible to play on a private world with a non-dedicated server between Steam and Xbox?

It looks like I've been moved to this discussion, but I want to make it clear I'm not concerned with trying to join the large servers. Does anyone know if it it is possible to play between steam and Xbox on a non-dedicated server, hosted either by the steam player or the Xbox server? We cannot find each other's games listed in the non-dedicated server when either of us try to host. I'm a little confused that I haven't seen anybody else even asking this question. If the game is truly crossplay, this should be achievable, but there is no clue given anywhere about how to do this.