Community Crunch 386: Community Corner and More!

StudioWildcard

7 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

..and one more thing: to all those who complain about not seeing the new dossier (of a Dino who will arrive in a thousand months) and the new shipments of creatures (which we will see in a thousand years): ARE YOU TALKING SERIOUSLY??! ! 

Do you understand that WC is currently in the lion's den between being able to launch the game on consoles and bug reports/resolutions as well as scary instability?? Do you really think this is something that is needed now (messing up the situation even more)??

This also applies to those who denounce WC's lack of respect in not activating the Evo event (to recover losses from Crashes? if you continue to lose progress, having an Evo would only make you lose more progress..): be aware that triggering events is known to further increase Server instability and I think that's the worst thing right now (I bet last week's trigger was for WC just like Test).

Each of us has the right to give our own criticisms, but before moving our fingers (writing) let's learn to reflect with brains..

I agree with you, Wc has been working a lot to solve bugs, crashes ectera while being in a tough spot, and the evo events/ dread art can wait.

What I wish Wc would do is to tell us when we are going to have a creature vote. Also it would be great if Wc showed an updated roadmap of future dlcs, and although it might feel like a thousand years for these dlc to drop, Wc actually doesn’t have much time to improve said dlcs, at least according to their previous roadmap. Same goes for the new creatures. Wc is supposed to design 6+ creatures in a year, but will only know about one creature per month. Let say that these creatures take a month or three weeks to design. After some simple math we know that Wc might need 6 months (7 if you count the voting process for the first creature) or 18 weeks to design these creatures, while also tackling some bugs, while also redesigning the dlcs.

Hopefully now you understand why I was disappointed with this new crunch, not only because we’re not getting to vote for a new creature( which is pretty cool) but, if they keep delaying the votes, it might imply the delay of future dlcs. Unless of course they update the roadmap and openly claim that they need more time. But at the end of the day I understand why they don’t want anymore trouble on their plate, since they are doing their best to optimize the game.

Here’s the previously roadmap:

December: Scorched Earth

Q1: Ragnarok Aberration 

Other maps are soon to come in Q1,Q2 (Not clear) which is 8+ maps ( the + indicates the announced paid dlc which I do not know enough about)

And Ark 2 in 2025 (Doubtful)

Edited by PrimalNacho
  • Like 2

I was expecting information for the release of ark asa on xbox. I don't want to portray negativity. I know the guys and gals are working hard on fixing bugs and making sure the release for console does happen. I appreciate it. I am not concerned over the lack of a creature vote that probably will not release until very late next year. Let us not concern ourselves with the Scorched Earth release. It is not happening this year. Deep down, we all know that. To be honest, i couldn't care less about ark 2 or the cartoon. I want ark ase running optimally on my xbox x. I am tired of watching Syntac and his boys enjoying the game I love so much. I just want to play. I want to tame. I want to hunt. I want to grind. I just want to play. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

(I'm also on XBox, but..) you may have read it correctly but the sentence can also be read as CONFIRMATION that it will be released "in" the next week: "stay tuned for more information" .... "on the ASA launch for Xbox next week!" (Tuesday is part of "next week")

I can't be sure which of the two readings is the right one but LET'S TRY NOT TO ALWAYS SEEK JUST NEGATIVITY, we know WC's VERY BAD information policy (disinformation) so no one believes anymore in nothing that was promised by WC, but this does not take away the fact that IT IS IN THEIR INTEREST to put the various versions on sale as soon as possible (for money, not for customer satisfaction), while for us players it doesn't change our lives a week in more or less!! 

I realized that my game was taken away from me on March 31st with the announcement of the closure of the Official Servers and since I'm on XBox (Official Legacy Pve) I can't get my save game for free even if I kept my base and my dinos until the last day (despite the sense of uselessness and loss of all the work created) and despite the disappointment I will buy Ark again to find my two dear friends; it was supposed to come out by the end of October for everyone and we learned that it would be announced with in the XBox Event, October 25th was my birthday and I had taken leave from work both that day and also the whole Halloween week to start Asa full time and prepare for the Extralife Event...result: on the 25th they announced the delay for the consoles!! Yet another slap in the face as a birthday present and unused work holidays... 

I am the first to be OFFENDED but, even after 7 months of disappointments and false promises, staying here criticizing only the negative and even writing insults ( and there are quite a few who write about it) I just find it CHILDISH!!

I totally disagree about your interpretation of the wording. Mine is absolutely correct.

Also I think you're misunderstanding my post and mixing it in with others.
I'll explain that it's not the delay that I am disappointed in but rather another misleading crunch. I have to believe they knew when they posted it that Tuesday was out of the question and it's backed by their wording. Only like their usual public mentions its not clear enough for people and definitely misleading most to think its still coming Tuesday. Remember last week they said the 14th, this week they should have said IT WON'T be the 14th but we are working hard to release as soon as possible. THATS it, that's all they needed to say, but to imply by wording it the way they did and give false hope for their huge player base is not right.
If they just gave us a clear answer, "as of today we can't say for certain where our release date is but are trying to release next week" that would be proper. Or better yet, "we found too many issues to resolve and the 14th will not allow enough time, we'll update you on a new release as soon as we can determine". 

There's countless ways to have better explained to their fans which would avoid "childish" comments and such HOWEVER from a marketing sense I think they actually like this. Even bad publicity is good for keeping your name in the minds of gamers. Think about it, if IGN wrote tomorrow that WildCard were all a bunch of terrible people and the worst game company in the world. Would that stop you from buying the game day one. NO it would not, but what it would do is get you and others thienking about the game and that's the point.
The more comments, complaining or not the more the game sells. Its just marketing 101.

I just hope my original comment avoids people like yourself taking time off work Tuesday only to be disappointed and feel they wasted the day.

Edited by HumanSeriesX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I got a question, I thought "game preview" for ark survival evolved ment that dev were new. When we bought the game, it paid them to learn/evolved building the game and company.  So why are they giving us the excuse that with this new version that we are expected to pay for, (even tho is both and ark evolved /ark 2 on gamepass) that pay goes to help devs. 

But, ark survival ascended is ark survival evolved but on a different real engines. Yes, consoles will have mods now and of course will a bigger and new engine mean more graphics. One example is with the new mod for Griffins.  When you tame it the griffin the explorer note actives just like ark evolved. Like they copied and pasted the core code of ark evolved and dinos with a few ajustments to the code to be able to play on the new engine. 

My over all question is, if you going to claim that the money is for development then why is it not coming out as a game preview. If it would have, then it would have been a different story and a little understandable.

4 hours ago, PrimalNacho said:

Here’s the previously roadmap:

December: Scorched Earth

Q1: Ragnarok Aberration 

Other maps are soon to come in Q1,Q2 (Not clear) which is 8+ maps ( the + indicates the announced paid dlc which I do not know enough about)

And Ark 2 in 2025 (Doubtful)

TBH them dates are ALL looking really delayed considering the problems WC are having atmo plus the delay of ASA already soooo but IF they come out on time I am going to have to say they will be full of bugs just like The Island and they will have to either fix as they go pre-release or do a release fix like now.

• Thanks 1

I would been more happy if first ark had mods on like PC for console which make game more fun , now waiting to play ascend to play mods and always running into delay...but working out the bugs before consle see make it worth..I hate in ark where u walk and fall through ground and lose everything because areas got glitch..so other week i can wait ...but further out..better be worth it.

Please have Hardocore official PVP servers on Xbox. I lost 6 plus years of grinding. I supported the game by purchasing all the dlc updates. Hardcore pvp was in ark survival evolved pleae3 give your loyal fans hardcore official servers on steam, Playstation and xbox. Thank you for your hardworking staff and commitment to your fan base. Please do the right thing your Loyal gamers that enjoy hardcore should not be left out.

On 11/11/2023 at 4:03 AM, CervantesMor said:

..and one more thing: to all those who complain about not seeing the new dossier (of a Dino who will arrive in a thousand months) and the new shipments of creatures (which we will see in a thousand years): ARE YOU TALKING SERIOUSLY??! ! 

Do you understand that WC is currently in the lion's den between being able to launch the game on consoles and bug reports/resolutions as well as scary instability?? Do you really think this is something that is needed now (messing up the situation even more)??

This also applies to those who denounce WC's lack of respect in not activating the Evo event (to recover losses from Crashes? if you continue to lose progress, having an Evo would only make you lose more progress..): be aware that triggering events is known to further increase Server instability and I think that's the worst thing right now (I bet last week's trigger was for WC just like Test).

Each of us has the right to give our own criticisms, but before moving our fingers (writing) let's learn to reflect with brains..

I wasn't doing any of these things with my comment. All I did was make an honest rank of the Crunch. I don't care that much about the Dreadnoughtus dossier and I'm absolutely not whining or complaining about it. The only thing I AM complaining about is the lack of confirmation on the next creature vote date, which is a minor issue for submitters I know. But sure, I know WC is busy at work on the game and that's fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
55 minutes ago, Gecko1611 said:

I wasn't doing any of these things with my comment. All I did was make an honest rank of the Crunch. I don't care that much about the Dreadnoughtus dossier and I'm absolutely not whining or complaining about it. The only thing I AM complaining about is the lack of confirmation on the next creature vote date, which is a minor issue for submitters I know. But sure, I know WC is busy at work on the game and that's fine.

The devs have previously said they want to give it some time before doing another creature vote because the new meta(s) in ASA may change what type of creatures people want to submit. Therefore time needs to be given for players to experience the game, which includes consoles.

So I doubt they can say just yet when the next creature vote will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You don't pay attention to the users, you only focus on generating money and nothing else. For 7 years you couldn't fix ARK SE. They said they were going to rewrite the code AND THEY DIDN'T, this is not a new game, you copied the previous code, it's the same sh$*, the same bugs, the same instability with the same sh@*+ provider.
I was sleeping 3 rexes in official, high levels, the game crashed 2 times due to its instability, then I can't enter because the servers are full, and the queue system? Are you going to tell me that at 7 years old you didn't LEARN how to make a queue system? I work in systems, and your words are pure lies, it is possible to develop it in less than 4 months, or even LESS.

As a company you will decline, by not paying attention to detail to their users, that is going to happen, they do not know how to pivot, they only "camouflaged" the new launch of ark SA as a pivot as company/business, but behind these they are still in the same place. Over time ppl will develop games that compete with yours and they will pay attention to it, then you will be left behind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2023 at 4:28 PM, HumanSeriesX said:

I totally disagree about your interpretation of the wording. Mine is absolutely correct.

Also I think you're misunderstanding my post and mixing it in with others.
I'll explain that it's not the delay that I am disappointed in but rather another misleading crunch. I have to believe they knew when they posted it that Tuesday was out of the question and it's backed by their wording. Only like their usual public mentions its not clear enough for people and definitely misleading most to think its still coming Tuesday. Remember last week they said the 14th, this week they should have said IT WON'T be the 14th but we are working hard to release as soon as possible. THATS it, that's all they needed to say, but to imply by wording it the way they did and give false hope for their huge player base is not right.
If they just gave us a clear answer, "as of today we can't say for certain where our release date is but are trying to release next week" that would be proper. Or better yet, "we found too many issues to resolve and the 14th will not allow enough time, we'll update you on a new release as soon as we can determine". 

There's countless ways to have better explained to their fans which would avoid "childish" comments and such HOWEVER from a marketing sense I think they actually like this. Even bad publicity is good for keeping your name in the minds of gamers. Think about it, if IGN wrote tomorrow that WildCard were all a bunch of terrible people and the worst game company in the world. Would that stop you from buying the game day one. NO it would not, but what it would do is get you and others thienking about the game and that's the point.
The more comments, complaining or not the more the game sells. Its just marketing 101.

I just hope my original comment avoids people like yourself taking time off work Tuesday only to be disappointed and feel they wasted the day.

If I never played the game or dealt with wildcard?  Yes absolutely it would stop me from buying it.   Terrible reviews do not help sell products.  There are countless times I read up on a company before buying their product and ended up going somewhere else because of bad reviews or negative comments about the company.  

• Like 2

So they lied again and no Xbox release on the 14th just amazing I honestly hope they don’t sell a copy at this point they deserve ever bit of the hate and bad media they are receiving because they can’t do anything on time and constantly lie when they actually do talk I know no one from wildcard will care or even read this but it’s a complete shame that such an amazing game is in the hands of such incompetent people that are always making excuses and blaming everyone for their own mistakes..

Edited by S790jdsteve13
  • Like 3