ASA Ocean Blurryness

Necrozma

Can anyone tell me how the reptar to make the ocean less blurry? I have very bad eyesight and im at the end of my rope, the blurryness of the ocean makes going in therer incredibly unenjoyable for me which sucks because i HAVE t go in there if i want to progress.

gasmask and scubamask dont help, resolution rising doesnt help, r.tonemapper.sharpen doesnt fix it either, depthoffield command doesnt help
im at the end of my rope, anyone know ANY way to fix the blurryness of the ocean?
i dont need it to be perfect but i have very very bad eyesight and the blurryness of the ocean is really killing my enjoyment of the game and im no ini expert, so if anyone knows how to fix it (wether by editing ini) please tell me, i would literally be unbelievably greatful because right now i cant see jackpoop

please help me im frustrated and getting desperate

thank you in advance!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Penguin73 said:

I thought there was a mod on ASE that made oceans more clear. I'm an Xbox player and don't know for sure...and haven't looked through the new mod list yet to confirm but you might want to look at the list.

this is about ASA

41 minutes ago, faderide said:

Type this into the console:   r.VolumetricFog 0. All underwater will be much more clear, but it

will also remove the 'fog' above water as well. 

i already have that active

1 hour ago, faderide said:

Type this into the console:   r.VolumetricFog 0. All underwater will be much more clear, but it

will also remove the 'fog' above water as well. 

Interesting. I did that out of curiosity, along with the volumetric cloud one, and my frame rates got a big boost.

Well worth the trade-off if you ask me. I'm surprised there isn't an option in the settings menu to turn those off.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

As much as I like the ambiance created by the fog/water&cloud effects, WC really need to adjust their opacity. They've gone all out on the looks over the gameplay. Like the low clouds on mountain tops where you can barely see the torch in your hand for what feels like ages. It's one thing having an effect reducing visibility down to say 15-20m and another to bring it down to 1m where all you see is black or white screen like your game crashed. Effects shouldn't cripple gameplay to the point you must disable an effect. That defeats the purpose of graphical UE5 enhancement.

I dread to think what the sandstorm/mirage etc effects will look like on Scorched Earth where they're meant to be more intense and frequent if they go down the same path. 

• Like 1