Remove Console Commands From Official Servers

Tylanater

Suggestion

You can literally open the console command anytime in game and turn off all water, allowing you to see down into the water and find anything hidden/find spawns easy etc. You can also turn so much stuff off that you get developer white and black checkerboard on the ground instead of terrain. This is way worse than even INI and totally ruins pvp as this will basically be required with how hard it is to see in the game (which is not an issue if it's the same for everyone). You think you're hiding in a bush but on the other guys screen you're standing on a white checkerboard with no plants on it. It's so bad.

19 replies to this server topic

So why is this console command in ark official?     removed all trees and more importantly all rocks..     i was living in a rathole but people flick this command on and they can see my base from half way across the map. the rocks surrounding my base just disappear..   and if you want to find a 150 tame but dont want to fly around then just flick this on and you can spyglass half way across the map. 

a lot of people would quit after seeing this ..        

Edited by poppycookier

This should be obvious, but in a pvp setting, there is no reason to keep the majority of the console commands available in game. They invalidate the primary reasons ASA is good. At the very least, i would expect the following commands to be disabled:
BIGGEST ISSUES - Cause the pvp experience to be extremely boring since it is impossible to hide loot/builds/creatures and play the game as intended
r.Nanite.ViewMeshLODBias.Offset 1000 <- allows view through all things, including the map, only players/creatures/builds are visible, this is broken
wp.Runtime.UpdateStreamingSources 0 |wp.Runtime.HLOD 0 <- Causes resources and object to STOP loading, meaning everything all creatures/builds are extremely visible

More Serious game changing commands that i believe should be removed, Note that these are only what i am currently aware of, there are undoubtedly more.
r.Water.SingleLayer.Reflection/r.Water.SingleLayer 0 <- Makes Water completely clear, causing water bases or vaults to be less viable
sg.FoliageQuality 0grass.Enable 0 <- Removes Grass, which makes pvp an advantage with those who have it
r.shadowquality 0 - No Shadows
show InstancedFoliage No Trees
show InstancedGrass - No Bushes
show InstancedStaticMeshes - No Rock Meshes

I am sure there are FAR more console commands that need removed. I think its a bit ridiculous that they are available in the first place, it is almost like giving pre-built ESP abilities straight into the game at launch. What other competitive or PVP games allow the users to actually use console commands to remove loads of certain objects and lighting???
It shouldn't be happening, a huge player base is on PVP and they will be quitting just like me when they find it is not possible to hide anything due to these game breaking issues. The solutions should not have to be, "Oh well if i cant beat them, join them"...the console commands need to be removed from pvp, simple.

Copyright 2022 Studio Wildcard. All rights reserved.Powered by Invision Community

Big tribes are exploiting the world partitioning commands in Unreal Engine 5 to xray the map and make all non-base objects disappear so they can raid.
Combining wp.Runtime.UpdateStreamingSources 0 and wp.Runtime.HLOD 0 on low graphics settings will disable the map from loading allowing you to see everything without rocks or foliage and to move through them.

This is not really an issue on PvE servers unless you count seeing high lvl dinos from half way across the map as an exploit but PvP is currently unplayable especially when your only option is to build in a resource cave under water because its the only way you are getting a turret online in time before they find you.

Strongly suggest disabling client-side world partitioning override console commands in future updates. The player does not need the ability to stop and start world partitioning or to force a specific level of detail layer.

I can play Rust solo on a 700 pop server and don't get raided at all. But for some reason I get raided a few hours into building on a Ark pvp server with only 30 people on it lol

ark-wp-exploit.jpg

47 minutes ago, BifrostTitan said:

This is not really an issue on PvE servers unless you count seeing high lvl dinos from half way across the map as an exploit but PvP ...

This is an issue for PvE just as much, don't underestimate the trolls that kite dino's to unaware players. Happened on ASE, will happen just as well on ASA.

Agree it should be dissabled as soon as possible.

Edited by MMaas

I am currently unable to play with all my friends, since I decided to purchase this game on Win10. But that is besides the point. I am in full agreement here with everyone else in this thread. @StudioWildcard I honestly feel like we just all need a slider in the menu UI for Fog, Clouds, Gamma...that is it. Literally EVERYTHING else needs to be disabled. We do not need any type of console commands. The only reason I would like the Volumetric cloud, and Volumetric fog, is it gives the biggest improvement in fps/performance and still leaves a beautiful game. @StudioWildcard You have done tremendous and beautiful work, the game is everything we could have imagined and more, but please for the love of Bob, get rid of console commands.

• Thanks 1

Console commands for PvP Official Console Servers should be disabled. It totally ruins the game. I play as a solo and was able to successfully play ASE and survive by staying hidden. Was excited about ASA and the density of jungles/grass and shadow quality, even the ability to hide in clouds. As a solo who plays a guerilla style warfare this was excellent!

I couldn't believe that you could allow enabling turning volumetric clouds off, grass off, shadows off, fog off. Absolutely unbelievable and unacceptable. You shouldn't even be able to adjust your gamma if you play online on an official server. Even though I think it's wrong and unethical - leave these options for PC cross play servers and for PvE - I understand that some people may want to turn them off for various reasons and that is fine. But on a PvP console only server it just ruins the game completely. Particularly for small and solo tribes. 

I experimented with turning these options off and was gobsmacked. The game looks worse than ASE and dense jungles being lit up is ridiculous, ASE had darker, more shadowy environments and better hiding opportunities than this. 

Please rethink this approach. I refuse to enable these options, it's absolutely pathetic. Can't we just play the game as it was intended? Surely the devs can't want this? I know I'll find a way to survive - within the rules - and even though others may cheat but I'm beyond disappointed...

Edited by SCAREKRO

On 9/12/2023 at 04:01, SCAREKRO said:

I comandi della console per i server console ufficiali PvP dovrebbero essere disabilitati. Rovina totalmente il gioco. Gioco da solista e sono riuscito a giocare con successo ad ASE e sopravvivere rimanendo nascosto. Ero entusiasta dell'ASA e della densità delle giungle/erba e della qualità delle ombre, persino della capacità di nascondersi tra le nuvole. Come solista che interpreta una guerra in stile guerriglia, questo è stato eccellente!

Non potevo credere che potessi permettere di abilitare la disattivazione delle nuvole volumetriche, dell'erba, delle ombre e della nebbia. Assolutamente incredibile e inaccettabile. Non dovresti nemmeno essere in grado di regolare la tua gamma se giochi online su un server ufficiale. Anche se penso che sia sbagliato e non etico lasciare queste opzioni per i server cross play su PC e per il PvE , capisco che alcune persone potrebbero voler disattivarle per vari motivi e va bene. Ma su un server solo per console PvP rovina completamente il gioco. In particolare per le tribù piccole e solitarie. 

Ho provato a disattivare queste opzioni e sono rimasto sbalordito. Il gioco sembra peggiore di ASE e le fitte giungle illuminate sono ridicole, ASE aveva ambienti più scuri e ombrosi e migliori opportunità di nascondersi di così. 

Si prega di riconsiderare questo approccio. Mi rifiuto di abilitare queste opzioni, è assolutamente patetico. Non possiamo semplicemente giocare come era previsto? Sicuramente gli sviluppatori non possono volerlo? So che troverò un modo per sopravvivere - rispettando le regole - e anche se gli altri potrebbero imbrogliare, ma sono più che deluso...

there are no better words 

I have a different idea it’s similar to your suggestion just added it. Keep in mind series s and other janky systems need fps boost i just made a post with my thoughts read it see if you like the idea. It’s called ark ascended pve & pvp suggestions, but covers similar concerns.

Edited by AnantaBoga