ORP Servers

Rashawn

Suggestion

280 replies to this server topic

I can't look it up anymore but the official name was something along the lines orp cross ark 6. Wording may be wrong but definitely was orp and it was also cross server? Like I said I stayed on that server since extinction came out since that's when I originally got the game. I promise I'm not crazy lol it was official orp.

Edited by Rashawn
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Pretty sure there were never any official orp servers 

The crossark official servers were all ORP.  Unfortunatly it was highly abused to create bases that were invincible by simply building an ORPed shell around your actual base with your best stuff and if people started to raid you and you had decent defenses you could just log off and use alt characters to grind with.

I liked the Crossark ORP servers but the ORP had issues and those issues definitely should be addressed. 

Also @Rashawn That is where I used to play. It was a nice cluster. 

Edited by RealNomad

3 hours ago, RealNomad said:

I liked the Crossark ORP servers but the ORP had issues and those issues definitely should be addressed.

Unfortunately, i think if we get an orp mode at all, it will be the same thing again, just a copy of what is used in pve. But i agree that there are a couple of issues, that could be fixed if the devs wanted.

The easiest but very helpful changes would be to remove pincodes and personal ownership of structures in orp. Both those things allow for super easy orp abuse as you described.
Furthermore i think the orp timer of 15 minutes could be increased a little bit, and structures should not be fully invincible until they decay. Heres a suggestion with debatable number examples just to illustrate the idea. In the first five days after a tribe logs out, the ORP system should provide full protection. But in the following five days, creatures and structures take 1/20th of the normal damage. In the five days after that, they take 1/10th of regular damage. After those 15 days, everything takes half damage if the tribe is still offline. After 20 days, most structures have already decayed anyways, even tek decays then (except for some reason a couple things like dedicated storage boxes, tek troughs and i think some others stay for up to 80 fckn days - please fix this!!!). Such a system could make it way harder for abusing tribes to maintain perma orp structures, and at the same time it gets easier for other tribes to catch them refreshing or to deal with the issue themselves as soon as stuff can take damage again. This should also help take some stress from the customer support because less tickets get sent in about orp abuse.

Edited by acat

3 hours ago, acat said:

Unfortunately, i think if we get an orp mode at all, it will be the same thing again, just a copy of what is used in pve. But i agree that there are a couple of issues, that could be fixed if the devs wanted.

The easiest but very helpful changes would be to remove pincodes and personal ownership of structures in orp. Both those things allow for super easy orp abuse as you described.
Furthermore i think the orp timer of 15 minutes could be increased a little bit, and structures should not be fully invincible until they decay. Heres a suggestion with debatable number examples just to illustrate the idea. In the first five days after a tribe logs out, the ORP system should provide full protection. But in the following five days, creatures and structures take 1/20th of the normal damage. In the five days after that, they take 1/10th of regular damage. After those 15 days, everything takes half damage if the tribe is still offline. After 20 days, most structures have already decayed anyways, even tek decays then (except for some reason a couple things like dedicated storage boxes, tek troughs and i think some others stay for up to 80 fckn days - please fix this!!!). Such a system could make it way harder for abusing tribes to maintain perma orp structures, and at the same time it gets easier for other tribes to catch them refreshing or to deal with the issue themselves as soon as stuff can take damage again. This should also help take some stress from the customer support because less tickets get sent in about orp abuse.

I agree. Additionally I would add to that if you are being raided, logging off no longer triggers the ORP countdown unless a certain amount of time has passed since your structures have been blown up or your tames are being damaged by enemy players. 

Edited by RealNomad

Yea I definitely remember that people abused the orp but by far these servers matched my playstyle far more than any other. The server tended to be more realistic to me. The community on the servers were for the most part in sync. We were all pretty much neutral to each other but things get interesting when there were disagreements and then there'd be these like microwars we would have until we made truces and went back to a peaceful state for a while. Haven't got that feeling from any other server type out there. I made friends from all over the world since me and my brother were a tribe called The Breeders we would breed and trade to all the different tribes. Good times, just hoping 🙏 we can do that again. 

• Thanks 1