ASA Official Servers & Crossplay

h3xkore

• 3 months later...

I'm a bit confused on how some of the most recent wording is regarding crossplay. Are ALL official servers going to be crossplay, or are only certain ones going to like they did with ASE? I feel like having all servers crossplay will eventually become a shot to the foot with how many problems that are plaquing other crossplay only games. 

Can I buy and play Ark Ascended on Steam now, then continue on console later, or will i have to buy again and start over? This is for official, are crossplay servers identified as such now? I was thinking about starting a base now on an official server on steam, then playing on the same server but on console when game is released for consoles?

30 minutes ago, Smorz said:

Can I buy and play Ark Ascended on Steam now, then continue on console later, or will i have to buy again and start over?

Buy again and start over.

Each platform sells copies only for that platform, you can't share characters between the different platforms, even with crossplay

This does, however, raise an interesting question. Let's say you're playing for a while on Steam, and you're playing on a server that's going to have crossplay later, once the consoles get the game. When the Console version comes out you might be able to buy your console copy, create a new character on that server, and get invited to your existing tribe with the new character. I'm just speculating that this would work but it seems like it would.

Having said that, do you really want to buy two copies of the same game when you can just wait a couple of weeks for console?

Why would anyone want to start out on a cross play servers? Legitimately curious. 

Friends, obviously. 

If you're on Xbox, now you're competing with PC players and Xbox for base spots or much more if you're PVP

PlayStation, like myself, would be competing with PC, Xbox, AND PlayStation players for base spots etc. 

Also, if you're already established, why would you start over on a cross play? No transfers at first, as far as I know, so you would have to start fresh on the new cross play servers, right? 

So, other than friends, what are some reasons you'd want to play on cross play servers? 

Oh, apparently PC is known for being able to cheat pretty well? Idk. 

Big ole cluster fk imo.

Thanks for the comments everyone🙂.

Why would anyone want to start out on a cross play servers? Legitimately curious. 

Friends, obviously. 

If you're on Xbox, now you're competing with PC players and Xbox for base spots or much more if you're PVP

PlayStation, like myself, would be competing with PC, Xbox, AND PlayStation players for base spots etc. 

Also, if you're already established, why would you start over on a cross play? No transfers at first, as far as I know, so you would have to start fresh on the new cross play servers, right? 

So, other than friends, what are some reasons you'd want to play on cross play servers? 

Oh, apparently PC is known for being able to cheat pretty well? Idk. 

Big ole cluster fk imo.

Thanks for the comments everyone🙂.

I have searched the Internet and am getting very confused regarding day one Cross play. Will it Cross play with Steam day one?  It said in the Crunch that it will Cross play with PC. Some sites are saying it will and others are saying not till December. I have been trying to find some official word on this.  Thanks

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Damarsigns said:

I have searched the Internet and am getting very confused regarding day one Cross play. Will it Cross play with Steam day one?  It said in the Crunch that it will Cross play with PC. Some sites are saying it will and others are saying not till December. I have been trying to find some official word on this.  Thanks

As per the latest Community Crunch crossplay will be with Steam day one.