ASE Server Events - Will they be Fully Released?

raxus

as far I know the only event fully working is Winter wonderland (including new year event but requires save editing if it already happened in the past)

all other event will have only the colour palette for spawns.

edit: the WorldSettingsOverrides still contains winter wonderland data.

yes, it would be cool since no more new additions are planned for asa to make slelectable events fully working  again, but at least they should re-design how these are enabled, since at this time - and as always has been - WorldSettingsOverrides contains only 1 settings for 1 event.

Edited by darkradeon

18 hours ago, raxus said:

as ASE is ending and we're playing on our nitrado servers, can we possibly be able to turn on events fully? I was hoping to do fear evolved

My guess is "No", and @Yggdrassilgave the explanation.

ARK does not include all of the assets (the graphics files, etc.) that are needed to run the events all the time. When the next event is coming soon on the calendar WildCard puts out a patch that adds those assets to the servers, then after the event those assets are removed. The only way to have all events possible would be if WildCard took the trouble to make all of those files available for people to download, and keep, on their private servers. I'm betting that's not going to happen.

17 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

My guess is "No", and @Yggdrassilgave the explanation.

ARK does not include all of the assets (the graphics files, etc.) that are needed to run the events all the time. When the next event is coming soon on the calendar WildCard puts out a patch that adds those assets to the servers, then after the event those assets are removed. The only way to have all events possible would be if WildCard took the trouble to make all of those files available for people to download, and keep, on their private servers. I'm betting that's not going to happen.

That sucks... I hope they make an effort on this now that the servers are ending and console players are stuck with nitrado servers.

On 9/2/2023 at 9:57 AM, darkradeon said:

as far I know the only event fully working is Winter wonderland (including new year event but requires save editing if it already happened in the past)

all other event will have only the colour palette for spawns.

edit: the WorldSettingsOverrides still contains winter wonderland data.

yes, it would be cool since no more new additions are planned for asa to make slelectable events fully working  again, but at least they should re-design how these are enabled, since at this time - and as always has been - WorldSettingsOverrides contains only 1 settings for 1 event.

How do I do that worldsettingsoverriddes? will it release raptor claus?

21 hours ago, Yggdrassil said:

It's because assets are removed after the event ends so you wont get them to work unless wildcard make the game assets available to download at the end of ase

assets aren't really removed from the game, you can spawn any of them. you should be able to spawn event dinos like super turkey, dodo wyvern, dodorex

Edited by darkradeon

3 hours ago, raxus said:

That sucks... I hope they make an effort on this now that the servers are ending and console players are stuck with nitrado servers.

How do I do that worldsettingsoverriddes? will it release raptor claus?

last time I tried, 2 months ago, winter wonderland and raptor clause where working as usual, bugs included xD

2 hours ago, darkradeon said:

assets aren't really removed from the game, you can spawn any of them. you should be able to spawn event dinos like super turkey, dodo wyvern, dodorex

Hmmm, that's a good point that didn't occur to me. In that case, do you have any ideas for why some events don't work properly even if you use the codes to enable them?

48 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Hmmm, that's a good point that didn't occur to me. In that case, do you have any ideas for why some events don't work properly even if you use the codes to enable them?

events are regulated from some overrides and blueprints. the first can handle only 1 event at time, the seconds seems to be missing. Most of cores assets should be there somewhere, try to look at some mods.

Edited by darkradeon

1 hour ago, darkradeon said:

events are regulated from some overrides and blueprints. the first can handle only 1 event at time, the seconds seems to be missing. Most of cores assets should be there somewhere, try to look at some mods.

I'm not looking for them for myself, I don't care about future events on my private server. I was just curious, but not curious enough to do a bunch of work on it. :)

18 hours ago, darkradeon said:

unfortunately, console players are screwed again... We can't just look for assets or add mods like that

51 minutes ago, raxus said:

unfortunately, console players are screwed again... We can't just look for assets or add mods like that

Pc players are not only steam but also EGS. Plus mods are not the fix for every ark issues: every mod introduce some issues, from performance to stability or compatibility with other stuff. Thinking that a part of PC players can "fix" ark with mods it's wrong.

1 hour ago, darkradeon said:

Pc players are not only steam but also EGS. Plus mods are not the fix for every ark issues: every mod introduce some issues, from performance to stability or compatibility with other stuff. Thinking that a part of PC players can "fix" ark with mods it's wrong.

Well, I just want something that's supposedly in the game already. Events. and they're not working for me as a console player that's spending a lot on nitrado servers, plus the game pass just to be able to play multiplayer.

yeah would be nice to see if there is some way to manually enable server patching to run other events but this would require at least all assets and blueprints of an event do be also on client. while I know some of them are surely present on both I am not sure for all, like decoration assets and cooking blueprints

Edited by darkradeon