Nitrado Servers and ASA

darkradeon

EDIT: private hardware and VPS/dedicated servers still allowed, while game hosting services will be a nitrado exclusive. If ASA fails to launch in time, this will extend to ASE as well. This applies up to 2030 and after 3 years Snail can open for gaming hosting for private servers up to other 3 companies.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1886894/000149315223026297/ex10-1.htm

OG:

"We have joined forces with Snail Games and Studio Wildcard, to be the exclusive providers for ARK: Survival Ascended’s official and private server hosting! "

https://server.nitrado.net/en-US/news/new-era-for-ark-server-hosting-nitrado-partnership-with-studio-wildcard-and-snail-games

does this mean no server binaries? this is like how to kill a multiplayer game before releasing it XD

EDIT: they (nitrado) already removed the sentence and changed it to:

"We have joined forces with Snail Games and Studio Wildcard, the developers behind the incredible world of ARK, for a Partnership to be the exclusive providers for ARK: Survival Ascended server hosting. "

Hope for those that will play ASA this means they were wrong.. and not just trying to hiding a sad future.. And the "exclusive" part still remains uncleared, which sound really BAD.

Edited by darkradeon

2 hours ago, darkradeon said:

"We have joined forces with Snail Games and Studio Wildcard, to be the exclusive providers for ARK: Survival Ascended’s official and private server hosting! "

https://server.nitrado.net/en-US/news/new-era-for-ark-server-hosting-nitrado-partnership-with-studio-wildcard-and-snail-games

does this mean no server binaries? this is like how to kill a multiplayer game before releasing it XD

EDIT: they (nitrado) already removed the sentence and changed it to:

"We have joined forces with Snail Games and Studio Wildcard, the developers behind the incredible world of ARK, for a Partnership to be the exclusive providers for ARK: Survival Ascended server hosting. "

Hope for those that will play ASA this means they were wrong.. and not just trying to hiding a sad future.. And the "exclusive" part still remains uncleared, which sound really BAD.

This might help clear it up

• Sad 1

well this is poop. bye gportal and other services .. :V

so only rich kids hosting on nitrado or export admins hosting on their own hardware or VPSs.

also big poop and potential lawsuit if this forces to migrate to nitrado for ASE or VPS/private hardware after 1st november. shame on snail.

if all so, this game will fail before release xD

Edited by darkradeon

O sea que todo esto es porque wildcard le debia dinero de la renta de servidores a nitrado?

ASA iba a ser gratis(se tuvieron que retractar)

Te venden el mismo juego remasterizado.Pero le agregan mas dinos y un nuevo dlc al lore.

Cierran los servidores oficiales.(segun ellos porque somos una minoria,no importa las horas que hayas jugado ahi)

No muestran nada pero ASA debe salir si o si para octubre de este año.

Quieren que pase de cientos o miles de horas jugando,con todos los mapas y dinos de buen stats a jugar en island,sin transferencias,sin cryopods,stryders entre otras cosas.

Que espere la salida de los demas mapas a los largo de mas de un año,a que habiliten las transferencias como fue al principio de cada dlc.

Todo esto,horas jugando con amigos,construyendo,criando,farmeando, a la basura por una jodida deuda.

The question may be answered:
Is this monopoly temporary or permanent?

Temporarily limited I would accept, then I would only get ASA afterwards.

I do not want to support a permanent monopoly of a server hoster.
Besides, I am more than satisfied with GPortal, with Nitrado I think there were quite a few problems. And there are also many people who rent special root servers, which are much better than GPortal or Nitradoserver.

4 hours ago, Dienstbier said:

The question may be answered:
Is this monopoly temporary or permanent?

Temporarily limited I would accept, then I would only get ASA afterwards.

I do not want to support a permanent monopoly of a server hoster.
Besides, I am more than satisfied with GPortal, with Nitrado I think there were quite a few problems. And there are also many people who rent special root servers, which are much better than GPortal or Nitradoserver.

contract is valid up to 2030

after 3 years of release, Snail is allowed to open to others, up to 3 different companies

if ASA fails to launch in time (31 october), Nitrado will grant ASE exclusivity gaming hosting for private servers too after 1st november.

in any case, private hardware and VPS are still a thing, even VIP/slot reserved servers should be safe.

The shame is, a lot of people choose gaming hosting services since they are easy to deal with them and no complex setup needed. They are generally all far more expensive than private hardware or VPS, but nitrado is the most expensive of them. And without competition this will not improve at all.

EDIT:

more info:

- looks like also Nitrado is allowed to license the gaming services to others if I understand it correctly..
- Snail failed to pay over 1 million dollars for March-June official server ranting (XD)
- Nitrado will fund 4 millions dollars ARK
- However, if ASA will not launch in time, Snail will repay the wages too with 20% of each of its revenues per month.
- Not very clear of all this will deal and accomplish with EU and especially Germany anti-trust laws.

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 5:19 AM, darkradeon said:

- Snail failed to pay over 1 million dollars for March-June official server ranting (XD)

- Nitrado will fund 4 millions dollars ARK
- However, if ASA will not launch in time, Snail will repay the wages too with 20% of each of its revenues per month.

That would help explain why ASA has been such a desperate cash grab.

• Like 2

Those financials are ugly. Revenue is way down, although that's because Snail's only product of any consequence is Ark, and nobody's buying Ark right now. Managing cash flow must be a real challenge, and will remain so until ASA comes out. 

The stock is at $1.42, and there aren't many shares out. It's possible Snail could raise some money.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuperSno said:

I wonder what this is going to mean for all of the VERY prominent Ark Youtubers that have sponsorships with other hosting services.   This could mean a huge loss of revenue for some of the games biggest content creators.

Most of them have been branching out into other games for a good while now. Experienced content creators know that it's usually a bad idea to put all their eggs in one basket unless they own that basket.

• Like 1

[[ 6.2 Exclusivity regarding Ark SE

(a) Subject to the condition precedent that Ark SA has not been officially launched and re-leased globally by 31 October 2023 ("Ark SE Exclusivity Condition"), and the Continuous Exclusivity Conditions (which shall apply to this Section 6.2 mutatis mutandis), in addition to the Games Exclusivity, from 1 November 2023 until the lapse of the Exclusivity Period, SGUSA ***hereby grants Marbis the sole and exclusive, non-transferable, global, and irrevocable (i) right to provide SGUSA (and its Affiliates) with official servers (but excluding Excepted Servers) to host and run Ark SE*** (as under the currently existing business relationship), (ii) license to use the Server Files in connection with (A) the administration and management of official servers leased to SGUSA (and its Affiliates), and (B) hosting and running Ark SE on private/community servers, and (iii) license to host and run the Games on private/community servers, it being understood that Marbis shall be entitled to provide the aforementioned services through, and sublicense the aforementioned license to, its Affiliates and/ or third party subcontractors appointed by Marbis ("Ark SE Exclusivity". and together with the Games Exclusivity. "Exclusivities"). Marbis hereby accepts such grant. ]]

Am I confused or does this mean that if ASA does not launch by October 31, Nitrado will then control all ASE servers (excluding the Excepted Servers as mentioned- whatever that means)..?

• 1 month later...

Have there been any changes/adjustments in this regard? Does this ultimately mean that if you are a customer of a provider other than Nitrado and don't want to switch because you have been satisfied for years, you can now forget about Ark Ascended? That's pretty discriminatory after so many years and the disappointment can't be surpassed... Thank you very much!

2 hours ago, o0oBibero0o said:

Have there been any changes/adjustments in this regard? Does this ultimately mean that if you are a customer of a provider other than Nitrado and don't want to switch because you have been satisfied for years, you can now forget about Ark Ascended? That's pretty discriminatory after so many years and the disappointment can't be surpassed... Thank you very much!

ARK Ascended will definitely only be hostable on Nitrado servers, that contract was signed, sealed and delivered before WC announced it. It will not change unless Nitrado releases Snail/WC from their contractual obligation or if some other servers hosting company (somehow?) mounted a successful legal challenge.

Nitrado has the right to allow other companies to host ARK servers, but don't count it happening.

4 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

ARK Ascended will definitely only be hostable on Nitrado servers, that contract was signed, sealed and delivered before WC announced it. It will not change unless Nitrado releases Snail/WC from their contractual obligation or if some other servers hosting company (somehow?) mounted a successful legal challenge.

Nitrado has the right to allow other companies to host ARK servers, but don't count it happening.

Then I'm actually excluded if I don't allow myself to be forced to take Nitrado.
A loyal fan for 8 years and now you're being kicked off "the island" because you're breathing the "wrong" server air. 
This stinks to high heaven! :(

15 hours ago, o0oBibero0o said:
Then I'm actually excluded if I don't allow myself to be forced to take Nitrado.
A loyal fan for 8 years and now you're being kicked off "the island" because you're breathing the "wrong" server air. 
This stinks to high heaven! :(

Agreed. Sometimes the only option consumers have is to vote with their dollars. If you don't like the way WC is doing business, spend you money on someone else's game. that's what I'll be doing, I'm never spending another penny on a Snail/Wildcard game again. This is basically the only power we have as consumers.