Community Crunch 369: Gigantoraptor Concept, Creature Submissions, and More!

StudioWildcard

Why did such a good IP had to come from WC. . . Big sad. If this IP was from cd project red, oh boi, this game would be epic. $40 for an early access title that was already priced at AAA prices and then demoted to early access so you can avoid responsibility??? You guys keep digging even when we thought you couldn't get any worse. 

$20 is a fair deal for the remaster to begin with. Now that it's early access, you should lower that even further. $10? $15?

You're game is gonna be full of bugs and exploits from launch day. You know this, this is why you branded it as early access. The same people that created cheat clients for ASE has already created working beta client versions on UE 5 for ASA. Now you expect us to pay $40 dollars just to get aimbotted/esp'd/duped etc again? 

You guys are really a bunch of morons, looking at it from this perspective. The ASE pricing model was done very close to correct. Just stick to what worked in the past and you will still have a community to carry you through the next 10 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I hope there will be a good guide, in regards to running your own server, as via Steam it all goes so smooth.
I just hope this wont be the end of self run servers, as I am not going to pay for one, when my PC handles server running fine.
I also wonder how Premium Mods + Servers will work, better not make people pay twice, as that will be terrible.

• Like 1

To the people who still complain about the 40$ cost of the game and think it should be free or 10~20$... stop crying... it's a remaster of a game that gonna keep on going for years with services and all... a lot of stuff changing and it's huge when including all the DLCs... 40~45$ is well worth it,

Someone said the ASE pricing was fine, why change it... but ASA pricing that include DLCs too is way better than the ASE pricing we had so idk what he is talking about lol

if you don't like it, just don't buy it.

5 hours ago, ladyteruki said:

Just one note about that : it's not exactly a kind gesture, as WildCard gets half the revenue from Premium mods.
And since so far we haven't heard about it, it could potentially replace the Sponsored Mods program (mod devs can get funding without such a program in ASA, afterall). That's another thing WildCard has yet to clarify.

Other than that you're entirely right about the Premium mods : they allow for mod devs to decide whether their mods will be paid or free (or add-ons to their main mods, if they wish to still maintain some free presence), and this is nothing new. It was announced in the Community Crunch 355 with the early version of the roadmap. People have been wondering about why Overwolf for a few months now, considering a different platform was announced for ARK2. For that too, we're waiting for answers.

yeah it's true that it's only 50% for modders but it's still an option for them to earn regular money from players who buy their mods and a motivation and reward for delivering good mods or updates for more and more people to buy their mods. so overall it's a good thing.

Also, I am not really knowledgeable about this, but is there any game that have Premium mods and give more than 50% to the modders ? I don't think a big share of profit is really possible coz of all the Tax and stuff like that.

I remember way back when Skyrim got Premium Mods and it was so bad with Modders only getting 20~25% profit from their mod sales that they eventually canceled the whole feature lol

I myself am a programmer and I made modules to sell in Prestashop Market place or such, it's not even for games but Website modules, and after Tax and Prestashop Cut which was 40%, I would not earn much more than 50% of the profit either lol

5 hours ago, Duffmek said:

yeah just my burnt / baited / and burnt again cynicism leaking out :)

Yeah Also what you said about if some modders gonna get early access, they actually might.

Since they said this a while back:

• We plan on streamlining the process of upgrading legacy ARK: Survival Evolved mods to the next-generation platform. We plan to reach out to current/former sponsored modders in preparation for the launch of ASA with the tools they need to get their mods ready before the launch.

• Facepalm 2

8 hours ago, InfinityLordGaben said:

Abberation is where the game started heading into more fantasy, why bother adding a real world creature to it when it makes no sense.

I get the point you're making, but lets not pretend like the island was steeped in realism. The game introduces itself by allowing you tame unicorns and fight literal dragons on the first map. Then graduates to phoenixes, death worms, and wyverns on the second map. 

8 hours ago, Relapse said:

Overwolf? TF Why are we getting away from Steam? And another thing. Premium mods??? TF? Snail games real greedy huh. 

this is 99% due to include console players for mods and give them an avenue to download them in what has been a historically strict environment with consoles. I don't believe for a second that premium mod pricing is a lucky coincidence here though.