Community Crunch 369: Gigantoraptor Concept, Creature Submissions, and More!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

Feast your eyes on the new giant of Ragnarok, Gigantoraptor. From its colorful plumage to its razor-sharp claws, it embodies elegance and danger. We cannot wait to see how the next creature will integrate with the eclectic wildlife of Aberration!

ASA_CCW_Gigantoraptor.png

ASA_Gigantoraptor_Post_2560x1440.jpg

Download in full resolution

Since our last ASA Road Map post, we've had a few questions regarding ASA and here's some information which we hope clears up any confusion or misunderstanding.

• The $44.99 ($39.99 at launch discount) price point is for ARK: Survival Ascended which includes The Island, Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, Genesis Parts 1 and 2, as well as the free non-cannon maps we had previously released as official mod maps. You will not be required to pay extra for the aforementioned remastered content.

• Mods are going to be available Day 1 on every platform exclusively through Overwolf, whether you're on PC or Consoles. Additionally, we will not be launching with Premium Mods until later in the year. We'll have more information on the Modding Process as we get to the launch of the game and we can't wait for you to get your hands on it!

creaturesubmissions.png

CommunityVote_Aberration2.png

Down we go to Aberration's depths for our next community voting contest. What will be the fan-voted real-world creature that will launch with the map for ARK: Survival Ascended

Please note that this creature will be released for Aberration, so make sure your real-world submissions are in theme with that map! As previously stated, we’ll add an additional real-world creature for each expansion pack map release on ARK: Survival Ascended.

To participate in the Creature Submission votes, you'll have to have registered an account on our forums at survivetheark.com and be a Regular Member of the board which requires 6 posts.  Please ensure to follow the forum guidelines and rules when posting

Check out the Creature Submission Guidelines for more information on the submission process, and hop over to the Creature Submission Forum to see the current entries. The entry period will end at 1 PM Pacific on July 17th, and the voting for the top 10 upvoted creatures will begin immediately after.  We are looking forward to seeing your ideas come to life!

*Note that the proposed features for the creatures from the submission entry are meant to inspire their design, but certain aspects may still be modified.

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until Monday, July 10th.
All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates.

Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Conquest: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: Evo

Join Evo as he tames and breeds the amazing amphibious bears, Kolponomos on the Caballus map. 

Creator: Raasclark

Watch as Raasclark fights through the struggles and frustrations to beat the infamous DOX mod!

fanartblue.png

Farewell by @falco_luna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_369_falco_luna

I want to see these two types in live action someday... by @kanta20040507

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_369_kanta20040

Rhyniognatha by @rianeko_mabi

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_369_rianeko_ma

UNIRAPTOR by Sai

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_369_Sai_1920x1

The Sand surfer by @WolfTek7

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_369_WolfTek7_1

Raptor handmade art doll by sayvaris

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_369_sayvaris_1

I named him Wuzhui by бом

large.1129668923_ARK_CommunityCrunch_369

acreenshotsblue.png

Ship in a bottle by Songbird Gaming

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_369_SongbirdGa

Screenshot by Aralein

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_369_Aralein_19

Little Otter by Alfen

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_369_Alfen_1920

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

17 minutes ago, InfinityLordGaben said:

Abberation is where the game started heading into more fantasy, why bother adding a real world creature to it when it makes no sense.

I think this means we can make the real life creatures look anyway we want so we can make these real live animals look like movie monsters.

• Like 3

Thats a super informative CC thanks guys /sarcasm - anyone with half a braincell should have known the add-ons would be included as priced, however knowing WC / SG's bait and switch tactics you really cant blame people for asking .......

Weird having mods READY on day ONE / launch day when it usually takes community mods to make said mods .... unless wc is going to give 'certain people' access to the game to develop mods? OR (lol) the mods are released by WC and they pocket 100% of the cash made instead of splitting it with legit modders lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for clarifying the price point. As far as paying for ASA goes, this is a pretty decent price by now, and aside from the people who cling to wanting a free game, there is no reason to complain about it given the amount of content.
Of course there'll be an extra DLC afterwards but we're certainly not quite there yet !

Very interesting that mods are going to be present at launch, but not Premium mods. Certainly not what I had expected. I still wish you addressed the questions and doubts of the community regarding Overwolf. Ideally before launch ?

The Gigantoraptor is a big guy ! And the color mutation on this should be a sight for sore eyes.
Next step, the dossier !

...Speaking of dossier, please consider looking at the Heterodontosaurus lugosi, the resource vampire 🧛‍♂️ It's hard for submissions to be seen, but as I was mentioning in comments not long ago, I've been hard at work with my friend linnyloaf on this should pet, so I appreciate any input, even if you don't vote !
A better system and/or a recap of ALL submissions at some point would be nice in order to give everyone in the community a fair chance, but I don't think it's happening.
HETERODONT-Light-pet-Glowiestest.gif

• Like 2