Community Crunch 369: Gigantoraptor Concept, Creature Submissions, and More!

StudioWildcard

I keep on saying it's obvious the Price gonna include all DLCs from how they annouced it... but some people keep on not believing, it's good we got clarification so people can finally stop arguing about this.

54 minutes ago, Duffmek said:

Weird having mods READY on day ONE / launch day when it usually takes community mods to make said mods .... unless wc is going to give 'certain people' access to the game to develop mods? OR (lol) the mods are released by WC and they pocket 100% of the cash made instead of splitting it with legit modders lol

I believe they are saying the Mod feature is available, so people can instantly start publishing their Mods from Day 1.

Furthermore... I don't know how you might come up with WC pocking the Cash made from mods by releasing mods Day 1... when they literally said Premium Modes gonna be in the future and not at launch.

you can be sure 99% of all ARK Mods are still gonna be free and without any pay needed, Premium one is only some very good ones some Good Modders put out to earn some money only if the Modder decide to ask for it (well if its not a good mod and its accepted to be premium it probably wont sell anyway)

1 hour ago, Vaskur said:

Premium mods? Overwolf? 🤮

51 minutes ago, Relapse said:

Overwolf? TF Why are we getting away from Steam? And another thing. Premium mods??? TF? Snail games real greedy huh. 

Premium Mods is a good thing and it's been mentioned for a long time, don't know where you guys been sleeping until now.

All the free Mods we had before, can still be free, all new Mods coming out, can still be free too.

Literally the whole Premium thing is a Good feature for Modders who want to make their mods Premium and Earn some money from their Mods, if the Mod Creator is not planning to make his mod Premium, then it will remain fully free without problem.

Overwolf tho... I have no comment on that, I once installed it coz of WoW, didn't like how it worked, and deleted it,  wish WC used another platform with less bad rumor about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, InfinityLordGaben said:

Abberation is where the game started heading into more fantasy, why bother adding a real world creature to it when it makes no sense.

Ragnarok already had Griffin being a fantasy creature and we had to vote for real world creatures 😅

Edited by JuanfranJ20

31 minutes ago, LuckyPed said:

Literally the whole Premium thing is a Good feature for Modders who want to make their mods Premium and Earn some money from their Mods, if the Mod Creator is not planning to make his mod Premium, then it will remain fully free without problem.

Just one note about that : it's not exactly a kind gesture, as WildCard gets half the revenue from Premium mods.
And since so far we haven't heard about it, it could potentially replace the Sponsored Mods program (mod devs can get funding without such a program in ASA, afterall). That's another thing WildCard has yet to clarify.

Other than that you're entirely right about the Premium mods : they allow for mod devs to decide whether their mods will be paid or free (or add-ons to their main mods, if they wish to still maintain some free presence), and this is nothing new. It was announced in the Community Crunch 355 with the early version of the roadmap. People have been wondering about why Overwolf for a few months now, considering a different platform was announced for ARK2. For that too, we're waiting for answers.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LuckyPed said:

I keep on saying it's obvious the Price gonna include all DLCs from how they annouced it... but some people keep on not believing, it's good we got clarification so people can finally stop arguing about this.

I believe they are saying the Mod feature is available, so people can instantly start publishing their Mods from Day 1.

Furthermore... I don't know how you might come up with WC pocking the Cash made from mods by releasing mods Day 1... when they literally said Premium Modes gonna be in the future and not at launch.

you can be sure 99% of all ARK Mods are still gonna be free and without any pay needed, Premium one is only some very good ones some Good Modders put out to earn some money only if the Modder decide to ask for it (well if its not a good mod and its accepted to be premium it probably wont sell anyway)

Premium Mods is a good thing and it's been mentioned for a long time, don't know where you guys been sleeping until now.

All the free Mods we had before, can still be free, all new Mods coming out, can still be free too.

Overwolf tho... I have no comment on that, I once installed it coz of WoW, didn't like how it worked, and deleted it,  wish WC used another platform with less bad rumor about it.

yeah just my burnt / baited / and burnt again cynicism leaking out :)

• Haha 1