Community Crunch 368: ASA Roadmap Update, ASA Comparison, and More!

StudioWildcard

The real road map.

After much deliberation on how we're gonna scroo you, we’ve decided to delay the launch of ARK: Survival Ascended for the next 2 years and ship the title on Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5, and PC in October 2025. If you don't like just wait till we decide to release it whenever we feel like it and just give us your money.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, sarah1171 said:

I'm confused here...."early access" purchases, IN ANY OTHER NORMAL GAME,  means you get a DISCOUNT. NOT CHARGED MORE. Was that a typo? I hope so. I mean, I'm happy with the price drop...but still....

You're not being charged more. It's $39.99 for the entire ARK. That's the base game + 5 DLCs.

Ever since the announcement that our game progress would end, that our servers would be shutdown and that all of our work would be gone, most of the people I know have just been rendering bases or letting go. There are dedicated storage and vaults scattered over all the maps and servers I play. The announcement completely killed morale. We're not taming new dinos that cease to exist in August or now September 30th. The most motivated are simply trying get to the closure of reaching the end. We will gather one last time and say goodbye.

Honestly, as both an official and legacy player I'm just tired. I'm going to bring my bases and creatures to the finish line and say it is done. And now that has been delayed another month. So another 5 or 6 weeks of rendering a game that died for us in spring. 

What would make a difference? Having our achievements and boss battles remain with the character on their implant - so that we could port over that at least. But I don't even expect that now. I'm just waiting for it to end and spend energy on something else. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Or just don't give them your money. If it's that big a deal to you.

Thanks for your Mod service but snide/obvious comments don't help snailcard out of the pit they dug for themselves. His point is legitimate to those who are financially and emotionally invested in a particular game. People on here get so hooked that it produces a withdrawal effect to not reup to the next level. Game developers know this. They count on players getting hooked to the game and community so that they feel they have no "real" choice but to carry on.  Personally I can DL my bases but I will miss the interaction I had with some great fellow gamers. Just my 2 cents.

• Thanks 3

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, kwhite1024 said:

Thanks for your Mod service but snide/obvious comments don't help snailcard out of the pit they dug for themselves. His point is legitimate to those who are financially and emotionally invested in a particular game. People on here get so hooked that it produces a withdrawal effect to not reup to the next level. Game developers know this. They count on players getting hooked to the game and community so that they feel they have no "real" choice but to carry on.  Personally I can DL my bases but I will miss the interaction I had with some great fellow gamers. Just my 2 cents.

Until people learn to vote with their wallets, companies will continue to have their way with consumers. That extends far beyond video games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I still remember reporting outage reports for gen 2 crashing / roll back, constantly happening for hours on official servers, even when the genesis pass first came out! Even though I submitted over 5000+ every day. every time that it went off multiple times during the day. Max over 2 days offline with average 5-16 hours offline daily due to crashing.

Having to re-do things over and over again, each server crashed it would rollback 30+min in the beginning years on gen 2 pve official, crashing 7+ times a day, really makes it impossible to do anything on their official gen 2 servers.

for 4 years..... I was apart of their discord and received every notification when there was a crunch or update, I swear I have seen hundreds of "fixed a crash", and every time hoping that it was for genesis 2 crashing and never once was! 

Genesis is a PAID 29.99, currently on sale 14.99 which honestly a slap in the face, and should have been refunded due to how poorly it was made without any support or updates fixing critical bugs and glitches. 

Have waited so long for much needed crash + bug fixes for ark genesis and main game / other DLCS, The fact that you guys are so greedy to continue try and charge us is disgusting. This is much needed upgrade that is necessity for smooth ark game play. That paying customers have been WAITING FOR !!!!!

No one is going to make me or anyone feel like somehow we are some spoiled brat for asking for the bare minimum, not to mention being told we were going to get it for free which only excited players, has us thinking highly of your company, just for you to go back on your word and charge us for something that was promised free.

From a company stand point, I understand you guy's need money, but you guys could have easily come out with an amazing ASA product, giving it out for free like promised, once we see the hard work and are excited from clean feel and bug fixed product, introduce custom made DLC's that we would all be willing to pay for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, skittles4free said:

Ever since the announcement that our game progress would end, that our servers would be shutdown and that all of our work would be gone, most of the people I know have just been rendering bases or letting go. There are dedicated storage and vaults scattered over all the maps and servers I play. The announcement completely killed morale. We're not taming new dinos that cease to exist in August or now September 30th. The most motivated are simply trying get to the closure of reaching the end. We will gather one last time and say goodbye.

Honestly, as both an official and legacy player I'm just tired. I'm going to bring my bases and creatures to the finish line and say it is done. And now that has been delayed another month. So another 5 or 6 weeks of rendering a game that died for us in spring. 

What would make a difference? Having our achievements and boss battles remain with the character on their implant - so that we could port over that at least. But I don't even expect that now. I'm just waiting for it to end and spend energy on something else. 

I think the sad truth is that they will put minimum ressources into the remaining servers and eventually shut them down completly. I think a fresh start from all the laggy official server would be actually good but you should atleast keep a title or something for your gained achievements.