Twins with different genders

DracoDRider

Hey just a curious question, has one of the many updates come out that prevents creatures from giving twins in breeding that have opposite genders?
I rememebr that was always the go to for colour/stat mutation breeding, where you would breed to get identical twins with different genders so you could see exactly what stats had changed. Or what colours they got, but I've notice for awhile now that all the twins I'm getting are same genders.. both in breeding with eggs and in Gestation creatures..

Can anyone please explain what's going on with this so I can understand better.

59 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Are you using the old fashioned hatch method or incubators?

as far as I know,  it’s just the incubators that have no chance of mixed gender twins.

As mentioned it's both, incubators I think I remember them saying something about it preventing opposite gender twins. However I'm also gestation breeding a few creatures like Daeodons and such, though the last few times twins are born they've been same gender. So was curious is something's happened to make the odds of different gender twins extremely rare or impossible.

1 hour ago, DracoDRider said:

As mentioned it's both, incubators I think I remember them saying something about it preventing opposite gender twins. However I'm also gestation breeding a few creatures like Daeodons and such, though the last few times twins are born they've been same gender. So was curious is something's happened to make the odds of different gender twins extremely rare or impossible.

As far as I know the odds have not changed, have never seen nor heard of WC making a change to this.

I haven't been breeding the way I did back when I was working ab ankys and ab spinos.    But back then, I saw mixed twins from drake eggs, and my spinos and ankys.  I never saw any changes made to this in the notes.  The only thing I noticed was never seeing this happen again once we started using the incubators.  I haven't bred enough since to say one way or the other.

What I can say is, this was a pretty rare occurance.  I was hatching and killing hundreds of baby dinos in a batch back then.  *or I didn't notice it happening as frequently because I would kill them off if they didn't have what I needed.

Edited by GrumpyBear

Yea, my knoledge goes back to about almost 2 years ago (Or whenever that patch finally happened that not only officially intergrated S+ into Ark but also did the hatchery effect forcing single Genders in twins/triplets)

Until that point this was my go to, breeding twins of diff genders to make colour mutations easier to breed for. And while the egg layers became harder I thought the gestation creatures like Daedons and such would be fine.. except now I rarely ever get twins off of them, and when I get them their always the same gender.