asa ASA - Can WC meet the community in the middle?

Tagyriit

With all the up and down, free vs paid vs needed revenue let's meet in the middle.

ASA is nothing more than pretty graphics/UE5 update with S+ and Krakens better dinos added in along with Atlas character editor. Come on better snap points and baby dinos is not worth $60 when we are playing the same on private servers for a while now.

How about 50% off for anyone who already has all Ark DLC's including the failure called Atlas.

$20 is a fair pricce for the upgrade to the new model and enough to cover the labor to do so, then AFTER Ark comes out we can decide on the next step.

Most of us understand that it not just copy paste to do and upgrade (but is more easy if tthe source has been maintained and upgraded all along)

https://docs.unrealengine.com/5.0/en-US/unreal-engine-5-migration-guide/

BUT at the same time all the MODS that make Ark what it is needs to done along with just the core game and these MOD devs put in huge amounts of time to keep the general public playing Ark and need to be acknowledged also, so yes this is a community decission and we all need to meet in the middle.

2 hours ago, Tagyriit said:

How about 50% off for anyone who already has all Ark DLC's including the failure called Atlas.

That is a fair deal. Although Atlas isn't technically part of WC. Just half off for people who own ARK would be great-I'd genuinely consider ASA at that point. WC has a terrible history of responding to their player base recently, but maybe, just maybe, this'll reach the right people. Snail Games and WC, if you're reading this...you know what to do.

9 hours ago, Tagyriit said:

ASA is nothing more than pretty graphics/UE5 update with S+ and Krakens better dinos added in along with Atlas character editor. Come on better snap points and baby dinos is not worth $60 when we are playing the same on private servers for a while now.

BUT at the same time all the MODS that make Ark what it is needs to done along with just the core game and these MOD devs put in huge amounts of time to keep the general public playing Ark and need to be acknowledged also, so yes this is a community decission and we all need to meet in the middle.

This most likely how its gonna be. Well, if we gonna have Overwolf paid mods i sure hope they`ll include pull into game so i dont have to install this 💩

And so agree that people that own ark and DLC shouldnt be paying full price. 

7 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Yeah...WC (or rather Snail Games) has been somewhat cold towards their player base. Not much regard for our feelings. It's just half their players mad at them. No biggie.

ASA is gonna sell like gangbusters, that's a given. UE5 Ark? Sign me up.

Sad thing is that its going to sell whether they are cold to the community or not. Ark simply scratches that itch no other game does for a lot of people, myself included. 

Whomever does WC/Snail's PR needs a TLC update though. Theyre seem to be woefully out of touch with how the playerbase will react to their announcements.

Making people pay for DLC they've already bought was so dumb. A lvl 1 marketing Bob could have seen that backlash coming.

9 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

From what I understand, they're employing free labor by using ten-year olds from the nearest elementary school to make the decisions on ASA.

Dont believe that. You know how much passion and love a 10 year old would put into a dinosaur video game. They'd be working 20 hour days and sucking down Red bull juice boxes to get it right.

10 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Dont believe that. You know how much passion and love a 10 year old would put into a dinosaur video game. They'd be working 20 hour days and sucking down Red bull juice boxes to get it right.

Something tells me that won't make a good marketing slogan, "Child labor, helping the world since 5,000 BC."

15 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

You have a point there. Maybe something more along the lines of letting their babies run around on the keyboard and using autocorrect to write out their ideas...

Archived