Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

8 minutes ago, foliver69 said:

ok is August 30, when the download of the saves will be available?, it was suppose to be today, right?

yes, but as of the time of writing this the download link is availble but not properly working yet.

You can find the downloads here (the last dropdown is the dropdown for the august 2023 server backup):

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/server-backups/

Hint: Since i find the dropdown annoying, if you are a bit technical this might be of convenience;

1. Open up the webbrowser console (i.e. I use Google Chrome)
  2. Ensure you are on/navigate to the 'Elements' tab
  3. Press CTRL + F and search for the name and/or code of your desired server
  4. Click on the link in the href (once the download is available it should download a .zip file to your Downloads folder)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

ark "can't load world save file, and can't find a valid backup"

nice..

After all, it's the norm for them, they can never spend anything right.

At least you have, and what can you say about XBOX and PS4 consoles?  For this pleasure, they were sentenced to €20 a month if they wanted to continue playing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

ark "can't load world save file, and can't find a valid backup"

nice..

have to use  -newsaveformat in console

Just now, Noffek said:

After all, it's the norm for them, they can never spend anything right.

At least you have, and what can you say about XBOX and PS4 consoles?  For this pleasure, they were sentenced to €20 a month if they wanted to continue playing.

big saves cannot run on consoles for sure...

my server uses 20GiB RAM.. it's a big save (big for todays' official status), it takes 25 minutes to restart on official.. in golden age of official big saves could take almost 1 hour to restart..

35 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

looks like, at least the windows binaries of the server, doesn't recognise automatically the v11 of the save file format

ok, but what does this mean for consoles? that is, I who have an XBox can I download my Server without using a PC (regardless of the Ram problem)? Or at least get the File via Download on a PC and then somehow be able to move it to the XBox?

9 minutes ago, CervantesMor said:

ok, but what does this mean for consoles? that is, I who have an XBox can I download my Server without using a PC (regardless of the Ram problem)? Or at least get the File via Download on a PC and then somehow be able to move it to the XBox?

theoretically XBOX players could use a server running on windows using the microsoft store version (that comes also with server bits).

I didn't see any console saves.

the fact even newest consoles are limited to 16GB of ram, 12 usable for games, is a big limitation on hosting directly the saves on consoles

Edited by darkradeon
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

we are planning an unofficial cluster

I saw you've been working on it for some time, is what you're creating CrossPlay? I'm on XBox, if you're in CrossPlay, may I aggree to you and I pay the monthly fee to add my map? [paying alone for a single map just to keep my job makes no sense given the limitations that I would have in everything, I wouldn't have the possibility to pay too many maps alone to be able to play openly and above all to give access to other players to share the game with ]

Edited by CervantesMor

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic