Community Crunch 355: ARK Roadmap, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

17 minutes ago, ChillinVillain said:

1 live account. 1 game purchased. 2 consoles. 2 accounts playing at the same time side by side. I do it daily.

well that's awesome if there is only 1 other family member. won't help the rest of us tho and the initial OP did say they had 3 people. so.. like I said.

Not that it matters this is all going to 💩 anyway. 

Edited by Sativa420

• Volunteer Moderator
46 minutes ago, Chains88 said:

Back-peddal or getting boycotted 

I hate to say this but they may be boycotted by the people on here, Reddit, Steam Et al. but those people make up a tiny, tiny... tiny subsection of the tens of millions of people that play or have played this game.

Those unwashed masses will gladly fork out anything for whatever. 

Edited by Joebl0w13

6 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I hate to say this but they may be boycotted by the people on here, Reddit, Steam Et al. but those people make up a tiny, tiny... tiny subsection of the tens of millions of people that play or have played this game.

Those unwashed masses will gladly fork out anything for whatever. 

There are probably people who would pay for it, but that sure isn't me, or majority of who have already purchased this base game and all dlcs, which is still a large group of players. For a money hungry company you would think every customer matters.

also... How is any new customer going to believe a company who lies straight to their customers and don't acknowledge it.
Guess wildcard will find out by their sales, guarantee treating loyal customers this way isn't going to get them far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NLShep said:

Hopefully they will add the maewing onto whatever maps they release first.  I don't relish the idea of breeding with no maewings for 6 months.

By $DEITY! I can't imagine my life without maewings!

Well, come to think of it... If I stop playing (after these gems, probably will stop)... I will have a life without them. :P

• Haha 1

• Volunteer Moderator

Confirmed, not a joke:

https://www.pcgamer.com/free-ark-survival-evolved-upgrade-turns-out-not-to-be-free-and-a-lot-of-players-are-mad/

In a statement sent to PC Gamer, Studio Wildcard executive producer Jatheish Karunakaran confirmed that Stieglitz had spoken too soon with his January tweet.

"We have been really excited to deliver an incredible Ark UE5 experience," Karunakaran said. "Admittedly back in January we got ahead of ourselves at that time, as the scope of the project increased, we hadn't yet realized the full time, development resources, & costs needed to produce a complete next-generation remaster."

10 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Confirmed, not a joke:

https://www.pcgamer.com/free-ark-survival-evolved-upgrade-turns-out-not-to-be-free-and-a-lot-of-players-are-mad/

In a statement sent to PC Gamer, Studio Wildcard executive producer Jatheish Karunakaran confirmed that Stieglitz had spoken too soon with his January tweet.

"We have been really excited to deliver an incredible Ark UE5 experience," Karunakaran said. "Admittedly back in January we got ahead of ourselves at that time, as the scope of the project increased, we hadn't yet realized the full time, development resources, & costs needed to produce a complete next-generation remaster."

I still don't believe they decided to give up on ARK1 45% revenues bonus once ARK2 release: they bundled them together. And the grow up to 45% revenues from snail was a deal they did at autumn 2022 (public documents). Also I do not believe Official clusters become a unsustainable cost suddenly, after 3 years of no servers reviews (no more migrations, no shut downs of unplayed servers tons of new servers opened even few months ago). And that's not the first time they used the poor Jat (guess it's part of his duties in the company) for silly declarations and other negative stuffs.

If they really wanted rise money easily without pooping outside the litter they could just make a straightforward porting, announce a new paid season pass/dlc (that a lot of people would have bought despite the poor stability of gen2), do a real servers review and focus on what Snails call "the New Game" (aka ARK2).

Edited by darkradeon

9 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Confirmed, not a joke:

It's stupid would even send this out, because they need to say it to us, I have no clue who this website is, and there is so many advertisements on this site who knows if it is even reputable.

Are you saying confirmed because staff told you it's true? or are you just reading the website and coming to this conclusion?

12 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Confirmed, not a joke:

Also...If he had spoken too soon, why didn't anyone say it wasn't true?

Edited by Sider

13 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

I still don't believe they decided to give up on ARK1 45% revenues bonus once ARK2 release: they bundled them together. And the grow up to 45% revenues from snail was a deal they did at autumn 2022 (public documents). Also I do not believe Official clusters become a unsustainable cost suddenly, after 3 years of no servers reviews (no more migrations, no shut downs of unplayed servers tons of new servers opened even few months ago). And that's not the first time they used the poor Jat (guess it's part of his duties in the company) for silly declarations and other negative stuffs.

If they really wanted rise money easily without pooping outside the litter they could just make a straightforward porting, announce a new paid season pass/dlc (that a lot of people would have bought despite the poor stability of gen2), do a real servers review and focus on what Snails call "the New Game" (aka ARK2).

Finally even if the remake project for real become too complex and an opportunity to sale it again as an improved version (don't talk about the price) this doesn't justify the total shutdown of Official clusters since the new edition should just come out with 1 or 2 maps, and this is really tossing a bad shadow against community and players, making potential future ASA players not willing to buy the product. A more soft and gradual shutdown of official was expected more or less but not closing it all in a single hit and BEFORE people could even try the new version. And this even more true for previous gen console players (and I speak as a PC player with double licenses of the full game - aka ARK + both season passes - on 2 different platforms, Steam and EGS).

All this official cluster matter looks like incredibly stupid and cruel.

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
38 minutes ago, Snowh said:

It's stupid would even send this out, because they need to say it to us, I have no clue who this website is, and there is so many advertisements on this site who knows if it is even reputable.

Are you saying confirmed because staff told you it's true? or are you just reading the website and coming to this conclusion?

WC staff told the interviewer it's true. Not sure what more you want for proof.

• Like 1

I originally thought that CC356 would be a total ingore of the current situation but I now change that to something that goes like this, lets see how wrong I am come Fri or Sat

"Hi gamers we understand your frustration and anoyance at us ripping you off again, Jezza made a mistake in Jan by saying the upgrade would be free llol! Hes since been reprimanded and punishment still ongoing as you cannot give gamers stuff for free when they will pay for things over and over. We explained this to some random games website as we didn't feel the need to tell any of you lot posting on our actual forums. Anyway we have taken into account all of the angry frustrated views posted on the many forums, social media and gaming sites since CC355 and would like to apologise as we seem to have angered so many people! So to make up for this and as we wont be changing anything that was mentioned in CC355 we will instead be doing an Easter EVO Event with 2 x rates for 1 FULL WEEK to make up for it! Yes we are that generous! We know it makes no difference now as everything will go bye bye in August but hey dont complain :) We thank you for your continuing support (Monetarily) and we hope to see you all on ASA in August of 2024 erm I mean 2023! Nearly done a Jezza!"

The sad thing is I do think they will post some thinly veiled apology but will change nothing so that apology means nothing! You cannot be sorry about something if you do not change anything about what caused you to have to apologise in the first place!

Edited by ancojo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Didimc said:

I don’t see anything about PS5. Will ARK2 be available for the PS5? Is it for sure ASA will be available for PS5 in August? I can’t believe my son and I are the only PS5 players out there, I really wish I could get an answer,  good or bad from the people building the game not the people speculating. Please 🥹

None of us have heard a single peep from the officials behind this. I doubt your plea will yield any better results than the rest of us. Can dream though.

Everything else aside for a moment.

Am I wrong or does it seem kinda unethical if not outright illegal for them to be bundling a product on xbox and pc for sale that was due to be part of gamepass? A gamepass deal that was several million if i recall.  If anything the bundle is probably the legal loophole that allows them to do this but It would be interesting to see if microsoft is aware of them doing this.   Playstation paid even more for Ark to be on PS Plus i believe. could be an interesting point to bring up. 

15 minutes ago, Didimc said:

I don’t see anything about PS5. Will ARK2 be available for the PS5? Is it for sure ASA will be available for PS5 in August? I can’t believe my son and I are the only PS5 players out there, I really wish I could get an answer,  good or bad from the people building the game not the people speculating. Please 🥹

I believe as part of xbox's deal with Ark that PS5 won't get it until after a year or more. but they will still get it. I don't remember the specifics, but playstation id pay like 3.5 for a Ark deal.

• Thanks 1