Possibilities if the creature vote is for a new map

WAFFLELORDMC

Does anyone think that the creature vote could be for a possible new map for the release of Ark 1 on UE 5? I was sitting scrolling Ark youtube and realized, there is a new "up and coming" map. Svartalfheim seems to be a new and pretty common mod map for videos. Any chance that the creature vote could be for Svartalfheim?

12 hours ago, WAFFLELORDMC said:

Does anyone think that the creature vote could be for a possible new map for the release of Ark 1 on UE 5? I was sitting scrolling Ark youtube and realized, there is a new "up and coming" map. Svartalfheim seems to be a new and pretty common mod map for videos. Any chance that the creature vote could be for Svartalfheim?

Its not that I hope there's not a new map, but it feels a little too heavy on the Nordic(forgive me if this is the wrong term) named maps... Ragnarok, Fjordur, now Svartalheim....   I would prefer to see some sort of other cultural influences represented if possible.   I love diversity.

2 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

Ark 1 on UE5 will NEVER happen. That is Ark 2 domain.

ITO of a new mod map - who knows? Maybe? Depending on how the Ark 2 dev is going. If it (Ark 2 dev) is going slow, then yeah maybe a new official mod map to keep the interest up.

Its been confirmed by the devs, ark 1 will be redone with UE5. But the spectation is its going to only be for next gen systems, such as xbox series, ps5, or pc's with at least last gen graphic cards

10 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

Ark 1 on UE5 will NEVER happen. That is Ark 2 domain.

ITO of a new mod map - who knows? Maybe? Depending on how the Ark 2 dev is going. If it (Ark 2 dev) is going slow, then yeah maybe a new official mod map to keep the interest up.

Apologies - I am clearly living in a non twitter age - but there is a recent, definite, official initiative to upgrade Ark to UE5 .... In that instance then it is possible that even more "official" DLC's are released as that would be one easy way to gain additional revenue off of Ark? I guess the other way would be to charge a fee for the UE5 upgrade version - but raises a whole bunch of issues around the "version" of server in play .... 

Frankly, I'd love to see the Ark additions mod alongside a new creature from wildcard being used on a new map (as I can't install mods on console).  For the map itself, I'd really like to see something strikingly different visual wise. In a similar fashion that say Aberration was visually very different to the previous entries and having a significantly different creature pool.  Having just another vanilla looking map wouldn't be that exciting. Lastly, I hope it's a map with multiple mini bosses(possibly requiring creatures from those biomes to defeat) and caves scattered across biomes. 

On 1/16/2023 at 7:49 PM, GrumpyBear said:

Its not that I hope there's not a new map, but it feels a little too heavy on the Nordic(forgive me if this is the wrong term) named maps... Ragnarok, Fjordur, now Svartalheim....   I would prefer to see some sort of other cultural influences represented if possible.   I love diversity.

it's been a long time (after Ragnarok which I really liked) that every time a new map was announced, I hoped that it was something very different from the others, also I love Aberration just for its diversity, from time to time my real hope is that they put in an Oceanic map. I know I'm not the only one because in the last "Community Crunch" someone suggested something of this kind and personally I would be really enthusiastic if this finally happened in conjunction with the new creature (or new ones, who knows if they insert more than one ) possibly a marine anti-predator (Amargasaur-style but aquatic) and who knows something about deep rivers. the map could have some aquatic labyrinth cave system and it would be great to discover underwater bosses or minibosses.. I think it would also dust off the value of current aquatic creatures (ex: which of us uses the Diplocaulus? (besides DonalDuck). Who tames Piranhas? ), and it would also enhance some creatures that have underwater skills but rarely used to go underwater (Rock Elemental, Andriusarco, Belzebuu, etc), then if some TLC touches our aquatic dinos too I wouldn't mind (Euripteris and Plesiosaurus for example) . I could also suggest the insertion of some specific engrams as well as some diving Tek ... I'll stop here because I have much more than these ideas but I doubt that so much work will be developed, I would be satisfied (I would be extremely satisfied) to get the map designed in this sense, perhaps with dedicated bosses ;)

Archived