Server Shutdown with Ark 2 coming?

Danzic

Newbie here - Started playing only about 4 months ago. Yea late to this game. My wife and i are having a blast on a Official server.

I like the challenge of it vs the single player where i kind of feel like i am cheating. So we want to stay on a server.

With the New Ark 2 coming out I worry that the server will be erased? And all of our dinos/breeding etc that takes a long time to acquire on official will be lost.

Does Ark offer a transfer in this case? or are you just out a year worth of work? I have looked but haven't found a answer.      Thank you in advance

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Danzic said:

Newbie here - Started playing only about 4 months ago. Yea late to this game. My wife and i are having a blast on a Official server.

I like the challenge of it vs the single player where i kind of feel like i am cheating. So we want to stay on a server.

With the New Ark 2 coming out I worry that the server will be erased? And all of our dinos/breeding etc that takes a long time to acquire on official will be lost.

Does Ark offer a transfer in this case? or are you just out a year worth of work? I have looked but haven't found a answer.      Thank you in advance

I don't think they will shutdown servers that are actively having players but they may re-purpose the ones that don"t. However, if they do, they will make the saves available in the Server Backups so players can host themselves and continue their game if they wish so.

a good idea would be to have official server options available like a cluster of official servers that players can transfer dinos and such to Ark2. then a cluster that has transfers disabled, would be great if Ark2 dinos and such are transferable to original Ark. making Ark and Ark2 one huge game would keep the peace i believe, whereas if there two totally different games alot of Ark vets will probably opt out. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, GameRain said:

a good idea would be to have official server options available like a cluster of official servers that players can transfer dinos and such to Ark2. then a cluster that has transfers disabled, would be great if Ark2 dinos and such are transferable to original Ark. making Ark and Ark2 one huge game would keep the peace i believe, whereas if there two totally different games alot of Ark vets will probably opt out. 

I doubt there will be any transfers between Ark and Ark 2.

Ark 2 needs to be 100% fresh.

22 hours ago, Danzic said:

Newbie here - Started playing only about 4 months ago. Yea late to this game. My wife and i are having a blast on a Official server. I like the challenge of it vs the single player where i kind of feel like i am cheating. So we want to stay on a server. With the New Ark 2 coming out I worry that the server will be erased? And all of our dinos/breeding etc that takes a long time to acquire on official will be lost. Does Ark offer a transfer in this case? or are you just out a year worth of work? I have looked but haven't found a answer.      Thank you in advance

I feel ya on the single player thing, especially with the bugs in the game. If I had to guess, I would say that ark one servers are still good a year after release, there might be an ability to move dino's over, but not sure. Last but not least, there would probably be some sort of gift to older players who stick around.....Or something to encourage old players to keep playing. 

Archived