Single player map transfers?

Peteed1

If I transfer maps on single player what happens to my structures and dinos left on the map? It seems the map save and the player character are one thing not separate in single player since you can't make a 2nd character for the island without deleting your old character.

Would suck if I farm and build a nice base on extinction for example and then went to ragnarok to get some wyverns and my whole extinction progression got deleted...

3 minutes ago, Mrigank said:

To transfer character to another map,  Use the obelisks and upload survivor. Log out of game after spawning with a new character, Go to singleplayer and start a new map and download your character.

All dinos and structures stay until they are deleted

Yeah but once I leave extinction for example there won't be an extinction save file anymore will there? So does my character carry it's extinction dinos and structures built in extinction with it to the next map just in case I go back?

• Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, Peteed1 said:

Yeah but once I leave extinction for example there won't be an extinction save file anymore will there? So does my character carry it's extinction dinos and structures built in extinction with it to the next map just in case I go back?

Each maps have their own save so everything left behind (dinos, structures, items, etc.) will be preserved once you come back.

23 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Each maps have their own save so everything left behind (dinos, structures, items, etc.) will be preserved once you come back.

Huh? The only way i've found to delete a character also deletes the map save though? I assumed map and character were the same thing based on that.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 hours ago, Peteed1 said:

Huh? The only way i've found to delete a character also deletes the map save though? I assumed map and character were the same thing based on that.

Single player saves are saved into the Saved/<map name>SavedArksLocal directories. If you wish to delete your character on a specific map, you can do so by deleting the LocalPlayer.arkprofile and LocalPlayer.profilebak files which would leave everything else intact. When you select the delete data button in-game, it deletes the entire directory deleting everything in the process.

On 12/26/2020 at 1:25 AM, Peteed1 said:

If I transfer maps on single player what happens to my structures and dinos left on the map? It seems the map save and the player character are one thing not separate in single player since you can't make a 2nd character for the island without deleting your old character. Would suck if I farm and build a nice base on extinction for example and then went to ragnarok to get some wyverns and my whole extinction progression got deleted...

Iv transfered mutliple times and its like that map just pauses.....nothing happens, dinos are where you last seen them, its exactly like it was just paused.

Archived