zombie wyvern question.

wizard03

Ok, so I went through the lovely process of chasseing down the dodo wyvern and after some juggleing, I finally got one nuked and claimed the zombie wyverns...nice levels on a few of the, the rest is meh, but when I used one to take out a saber that got too close, I noticed I could not get into its inventory. Ontop of that, as far as I can tell, it doesn't have an inventory? Had to cryo pod one and then toss it back out in order to get anything......Is it a bug? fluke? intentional? 

Not entirely versed on these guys, is it just a fancy skin, or different critter entirely?

5 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Fairly certain they've never had an inventory, and they are entirely separate from normal Wyverns. Can't be bred, ridden, are smaller(I think) and have faster health regen. 

they can be ridden, inventory opens and yyou can see stats and what's stored on them.  IF it didn't open , you were bugged or out of sync, relogging should fix.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Ok, so I went through the lovely process of chasseing down the dodo wyvern and after some juggleing, I finally got one nuked and claimed the zombie wyverns...nice levels on a few of the, the rest is meh, but when I used one to take out a saber that got too close, I noticed I could not get into its inventory. Ontop of that, as far as I can tell, it doesn't have an inventory? Had to cryo pod one and then toss it back out in order to get anything......Is it a bug? fluke? intentional? 

Not entirely versed on these guys, is it just a fancy skin, or different critter entirely?

At first, players weren't supposed to be able to open their inventory and level them up. But this was broken with the introduction of transfers (and later on with cryopods). Now that they are officially rideable, I believe the fact their inventory can't be accessed by default is just leftover of the first intended behaviour.

6 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

they can be ridden, inventory opens and yyou can see stats and what's stored on them.  IF it didn't open , you were bugged or out of sync, relogging should fix.

Ahhh, didn't know they're rideable now. Haven't had a Zombie Wyvern since the DodoWyvern was first released in Fear Evolved 2

7 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

was on single player.....and I think its a bug. Got a couple more today and all had the same problem. You gotta cryopod them up, then throw them out to get it to open up....Otherwise they have no weight icon in hud, and everything you try to harvest with them just disappears.

21 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

Ahhh, didn't know they're rideable now. Haven't had a Zombie Wyvern since the DodoWyvern was first released in Fear Evolved 2

they are rideable, very rideable. Am looking to take my lvl 360 for a spin and see if I can pop a couple notes to get some levels under her. Gonna be awsome to take on the manticore with these monsters :D 

Archived