Official Mods: Your top 3 desires.

MonkeyCMonkyDo

3 hours ago, MonkeyCMonkyDo said:

Hey all,

So we recently had the epic news of Official mods, especially big news for us console players. The Centre map and Primitive Plus are on their way.

My question is what would your top three picks for the next mods be?

Where was this said? It is very exciting though I do want Valhalla for the size

2 hours ago, R3DM4N said:

Valhalla map, building mods, and any thing else lol

Definitely another epic looking map I hope to try in the future!

41 minutes ago, The Lime Inc. said:

the center is amazing, you guys should have advanced architecture and glass/metal on consoles imo

I was looking at that advanced architecture, looks awesome. Futurism looks like another I would love to run on similar lines :)

8 minutes ago, TheRealTFreezy said:

Where was this said? It is very exciting though I do want Valhalla for the size

Here is the official announcement link at the bottom :) They've been talking all about it through the PAX East stream too. They hope to see hundreds eventually if all goes to plan!

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/54340-official-mods-program-launching-to-xbox-one-and-pc/

Furniture, building, and a new map. As long as its not valhalla.

to anyone who is saying they want valhalla, have you ever ACTUALLY played there? I spent 25 hours on a valhalla server then quit. The map is completely and utterly empty. You never see anyone. People just think its good because its big. Size isnt everthing, its how you use it.

8 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

I can promise that it was consentual.

That's ok then!

But I agree with your point valhalla is maybe a bit over the top whilst from the vids of the centre it looks like the developer has put in an incredible amount of thought into his design.

The mod id like to see: Non collision! Really getting fed up with how some things can go 9/10 in a wall and sometimes the slightest corner touching and you can't place it!

1 hour ago, MrDynamicMan said:

to anyone who is saying they want valhalla, have you ever ACTUALLY played there? I spent 25 hours on a valhalla server then quit. The map is completely and utterly empty. You never see anyone. People just think its good because its big. Size isnt everthing, its how you use it.

Furniture would be amazing, I love to interior decorate on Ark :P

Out of interest, with The Center already confirmed, if not Valhalla for a second map, what would be your next map pick?

Just now, MonkeyCMonkyDo said:

Furniture would be amazing, I love to interior decorate on Ark :P

Out of interest, with The Center already confirmed, if not Valhalla for a second map, what would be your next map pick?

Honestly? Neither. Id like to see a very water-centric map, or a savhanna/southern africa map.

Outside of maps (which I'll take any they offer up just for variety) 

1. Advanced Architecture

Ark Advance

Beyond that, I haven't looked at mods enough to know specific ones, but I'd guess any that add new architecture, furniture and such.  Maybe some character customization ones as well.  The Stargate one would be killer but I'd imagine it would hit an IP snag and licensing problems, unless changed enough to not be "stargate" 

6 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

When was the last time you played it? Also, it was designed with either giving you that remote feeling, or allowing for 100+ man servers to have room :)

9 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Size isnt everthing, its how you use it.

If I had a nickle for every time I heard that.

Also Valhalla lacks a lot of the polish that The Center has in spades. Same with Shigo Islands.

Just grass going straight into the water, very few beaches, very few shrubs and trees, cliff faces with grass textures, very few named regions, 0 underwater detail. It's like Bethesda's map design. The few small areas that are meant to be important are well detailed, like the cherry blossom grove, but everywhere else is just bland and boring.

I understand that the size of the map might make rendering in the necessary detail difficult, but that's only another reason as to why the map is substandard compared to The Center.

I'm more surprised people haven't mentioned Pimp my Dino. I'm not certain Wildcard's going to give us armor models for animals at this point, so we might just have to rely on Pimp my Dino. Although some of the armor is a bit... exaggerated for my tastes. I wish there was a more tame version, something with less spikes. 

But The Center is practically a masterpiece, and I'm stoked I'm gonna get to play it on PS4. Then it's a tie between Primitive Plus and Advanced Architecture. See, I lean more towards a Medieval Primitive Ark than a Mid-Late 1700's Primitive Ark, with the sole exception of Pirates of course. Advanced Architecture kinda suits me more then, 'cause, ya'know, castles. 

13 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

I think it's rather a matter of perspective: I like Valhalla because I'm not running into everybody every 5 minutes. But it sure lacks a lot of polishing which is why it should only be considered once it's 100% complete. 

• Volunteer Moderator
17 hours ago, Leonhardt said:

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the extremely well made and incredibly practical Stairs And Rounded Walls mod.

Advanced Architecture is far too gimmicky for me.

We have both on our server, but have only worked with the AA mod so far; though will start looking into the S&RW mod soon(did briefly with the spiral stair case, but it is made for 2 level floors(not 3 level like mine).

The nice with with AA is you an build a big place(after a lot of mat harvesting) without a ton of objects.  Foundations are pretty easy, though finnicky at times; but you don't have to put down 10, 20, or 100+ pillars to build a level floor.  And, you don't have to put down a million wall pieces.  However, the big draw bridge is awesome; one one in spare aviary/barn I build using this mod.

Some down sides:

• Very thick walls and ceiliing, so you lose some room inside and it gets completely dark inside, so you need to plan your lighting well; the stuff in the mod is not as effective as you might hope.
  • Sometimes, a foundation will not go where you think it should, but it only says 'Foundation cannot be placed here'; doesn't tell you why.
  • Will not snap to existing vanilla structures, at least from what I have see.
  • Vanilla pieces will snap to the foundations, but are a bit finnicky also.  Doing something like a ramp does not work well, unless you use some tricks; at least I think the trick I am going to try will work, based on what I have tested so far. Maybe the author can add a better way to add a vanilla found to their foundation; they have a vanilla fence foundation that snaps on the edges, but it doesn't seem to support a ramp.
  • Most stuff is stone.  While the HP is high per piece(10X though the pieces are 16X in size; 4x4), I believe it is vulnerable to things that will damage stone; I still need test this.  
  • The mammoth door is okay, but is a single giant door;  I prefer the good old double door design for dino gate or b gate.

But overall I Iike it, and the other players seem to like it.

Archived