The New Creatures

Reese33

• Volunteer Moderator

For the Dunkle, I built a cage at the bottom of the ocean out of pillars(about 3 high) and some ceilings; only need cieling on every other pillar.  I left one end open, aggroed it into the cage, swam out the other side, and walled up the open end; I used pillars, but wished I had used a dino gateway(no door needed).

This is not absolutely necessary, but it takes a lot of arrows to knock a high level one out(and I did it before the topor nerf), so it just make it easier.

But, they are slow swimmers, so staying out of danger is not hard, if you want to freestyle it.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Selique said:

I found a Dire bear near the Green Obelisk. So, I don't think its a bad spawn. Was only lvl 20 though. 

Agreed.  I have found more in that area, in the wood slightly east of the Green Ob, both north and south, and in the open area S. of the Green Ob.

Tamed a dire bear on an unofficial server 3x taming - lvl 33, meat tame, a bit under 2 hours and around 200 narcs - really high torpor, takes a lot of knocking out, but once down a fairly easy tame, if long - note the 3x tame speed on the server and this fairly low level bear was still almost 2 hours on meat. They're really fast in a straight line & hit very hard though, so a large rock or a cliff is a good plan if you're solo. This one was down south, by the river to the east of the metal mountain in the southern islets - near lower south cave.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Reshkrom1153 said:

They aren't bad spawns. They've just went the current bear approach spawning them around heavily wooded areas (and when it comes) the redwood forest.

Agreed:

On 4/22/2016 at 8:09 PM, Jerryn said:

Agreed.  I have found more in that area, in the wood slightly east of the Green Ob, both north and south, and in the open area S. of the Green Ob.

I have been finding almost all in the wood around the Green Ob(way around) and southward(towards Drayou's Cove), along the rivers, Weather Top, Craggs, River by the volcano, parts S and W of Grand Peak, etc.

Found very few in the snow biome...since wiping out all of the low levels, have hardly even seen one there.

Archived