How can I continue running Winter Wonderland?

Zahlea

• Volunteer Moderator
39 minutes ago, Zahlea said:

How can I continue running Winter Wonderland?

As the title says: How can I keep running Winter Wonderland? Single player or dedicated server (not official, that is - I know I can't keep it there :) ).

-ActiveEvent=WinterWonderland

Don't bother it's broken if you try and keep running it. Raptor Claus will not spawn meaning no access to coal or mistletoe defeating the object completely and if you want the prettiness of the snow on the Island forget it, because that's gone too. Gacha claus does still spawn and the coloured dinos still happen, so if that's all you want then go for it.

35 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

-ActiveEvent=WinterWonderland

Thank you, I actually did try this. It seems to be a bug as @IanHighlander commented. It looked weird as I couldn't see the white theme and Raptor Claus didn't appear. But now  I've checked and I still have Gacha Claus. Unfortunately, like Ian, I'm after Raptor Claus and he seems gone. Hopefully, it's something they'll fix even though they're finished with the event on Officials.

16 minutes ago, Zahlea said:

Hopefully, it's something they'll fix even though they're finished with the event on Officials.

Unfortunately I doubt it, they'll have removed aspects of it from the core game files with the last update that are required to run it, also the white overlay was done with a hidden start up command which also no longer runs. I'd be very very surprised if they "waste" man hours fixing a Xmas event for a few people that want to run it after Xmas to be honest, especially with the new DLC upcoming they'll be all hands to the pumps on that and rightly so.

I've now removed the event from all five servers on our cluster and dino wiped the lot. If they do happen to fix it then I want to re-enable it for a few people that missed out on the event over Xmas but until then there's zero point in running it.

17 minutes ago, IanHighlander said:

Unfortunately I doubt it, they'll have removed aspects of it from the core game files with the last update that are required to run it, also the white overlay was done with a hidden start up command which also no longer runs. I'd be very very surprised if they "waste" man hours fixing a Xmas event for a few people that want to run it after Xmas to be honest, especially with the new DLC upcoming they'll be all hands to the pumps on that and rightly so.

I've now removed the event from all five servers on our cluster and dino wiped the lot. If they do happen to fix it then I want to re-enable it for a few people that missed out on the event over Xmas but until then there's zero point in running it.

You have a very good point and I'm worried you might be right. The argument for hoping is that it was like that last year: last year I ran the event for a couple of weeks after it formally ended and with the new (maybe not so new any more :P ) way of starting events through the command line argument, they're meant to be available all year round. I honestly believe it's a mistake taking those things out. Maybe not the white theme of The Island, but Raptor Claus at least. And if they took it out by mistake, it could potentially be easy to put it back in. Well, that's what I'm hoping, anyway :P ?

Not only Winter Wonderland is broken, but Summer Bash 2019 too. On my private server (vanilla, no mods at all) I enabled last week the Summer Bash 2019 event by using the -ActiveEvent=Summer command line argument.

We started to see a lot of dinos with special colors (blue, red, etc) so that was the proof that the event was indeed active. But no recipes in the cooking pot.

It seems that it's no longer possible to run past events with all of their features.

1 hour ago, Elgar said:

Not only Winter Wonderland is broken, but Summer Bash 2019 too. On my private server (vanilla, no mods at all) I enabled last week the Summer Bash 2019 event by using the -ActiveEvent=Summer command line argument.

We started to see a lot of dinos with special colors (blue, red, etc) so that was the proof that the event was indeed active. But no recipes in the cooking pot.

It seems that it's no longer possible to run past events with all of their features.

Oh no! That's really sad :( Have you posted a bug report? I did for the Winter Wonderland and hope that it's something that's actually not intended and that they'll fix it.

Archived