Admin / Trusted Player Tool - Game Save Visualiser

MirageUK

2 minutes ago, Elgar said:

After a few minutes testing it (and after installing .NET Desktop Runtime which was required), it works flawlessly ! Thank you :)

- Just noticed a shift between the positions shown on map and the reality in-game. For example, what is in game on Herbivore Island itself is shown on ASV map on the main land beach in front of Herbivore Island.

- Carchas and Rhynios are named Carcha_Character_BP_C and Rhynio_Character_BP_C

Yeah I'll have to look into the map image. The co-ordinates in-game CCC and GPS (Map) match what ASV reports so my calculations are correct.  Obviously mis-aligned my image as this one was 2k instead of 1k resolution.

suggestion for export data in CSV format: add the option to save as UTF-8 with BOM. While BOM should be considered legacy, those monkey programmers of Microsoft Excel (worse software ever made by Microsoft) will not allow you to get the wizard-import on CSV if this is saved as UTF-8 without BOM, completely trashing all IDs, x-y-z coordinates or any number that for those monkey is too big enough to toss away it's value.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

suggestion for export data in CSV format: add the option to save as UTF-8 with BOM. While BOM should be considered legacy, those monkey programmers of Microsoft Excel (worse software ever made by Microsoft) will not allow you to get the wizard-import on CSV if this is saved as UTF-8 without BOM, completely trashing all IDs, x-y-z coordinates or any number that for those monkey is too big enough to toss away it's value.

Hmm.. yeah.  Or import into excel instead of "opening with" so you can specify the format or set it as "Text" so nothing gets truncated.  CSV isn't getting any new love - it's all about the JSON ;)

1 hour ago, MirageUK said:

Hmm.. yeah.  Or import into excel instead of "opening with" so you can specify the format or set it as "Text" so nothing gets truncated.  CSV isn't getting any new love - it's all about the JSON ;)

yes you need to import that as data on a new file. opening just the csv from the main menu if this has no bom it will not show the wizard 😕 note also even with bom opening any csv with double click will anyway bypass the data wizard.

but I understand why json is getting more love XD

forgot to say: ASV fails to load a save from a new server if this has never been visited by a player/account (ie: a player never connected to the server). not a big problem though.

Edited by darkradeon
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, darkradeon said:

forgot to say: ASV fails to load a save from a new server if this has never been visited by a player/account (ie: a player never connected to the server). not a big problem though.

Thanks, only ever tested it with single player and the unofficials provided by the guys on here.  Will replicate and see how to work around that.

2 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Yeah I'll have to look into the map image. The co-ordinates in-game CCC and GPS (Map) match what ASV reports so my calculations are correct.  Obviously mis-aligned my image as this one was 2k instead of 1k resolution.

I dont think the Co-Ordinates are correct either :) 
they seem to be off to the seem to match what the map displays (the dots)

also the Ally In Range seems abit off to haha but Thank You So much for getting this out so fast there might be bugs and alike but it still gives ud a great overview over everything 

image.png.7d75c61f6966eaab840eababcf393d4f.png

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Jaydzl said:

Hi, thank you very much for your work, it’s great 💪

I load a new save but not that of my server, it say "Content failed to load:(...)" after staying for a while "Parsing tame data...", this could be due to the size from my save? (510mo)

Upload it somewhere and I'll debug and investigate. Just playing the game a little myself this evening so probably tomorrow now before I get any further work done on ASV.

3 minutes ago, GodOfNoiseMods said:

I dont think the Co-Ordinates are correct either :) 
they seem to be off to the seem to match what the map displays (the dots)

also the Ally In Range seems abit off to haha but Thank You So much for getting this out so fast there might be bugs and alike but it still gives ud a great overview over everything 

image.png.7d75c61f6966eaab840eababcf393d4f.png

I'll double check but you just mean the co-ords on the map image right?  Everything I checked in-game appeared to match the co-ords displayed by ASV.

As for active dates etc. I've not got round to looking into them yet. Guessing I missed a few bits that I previously loaded from ASE.

2 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

I'll double check but you just mean the co-ords on the map image right?  Everything I checked in-game appeared to match the co-ords displayed by ASV.

As for active dates etc. I've not got round to looking into them yet. Guessing I missed a few bits that I previously loaded from ASE.

image.png.d711b855e57cb5aaf02279dc1d41c6f7.png
Those structures are placed on the small island above the snow (around 9 -39 ish)
but the Co-ords listed on the Structure list match those on the dots 
so its a bit off 
again not a huge probmel at the moment :) 
i still just love that we can see what players have placed on our server again :D

17 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

Upload it somewhere and I'll debug and investigate. Just playing the game a little myself this evening so probably tomorrow now before I get any further work done on ASV.

All right, no worries ! Where can I share my save with you? Are there private messages on this forum? 😅 I've never used this forum before sorry 😂

5.0.0.2 now available for download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MWuHcexbS62zuV4fNjw5u5BZgLahI6PS/view?usp=drive_link

Fixes

• Error loading file with some dropped items. (Parsing error of wrong data-type) @Jaydzl
  • Another slight alignment pass on the map image grid.  Might not be 100% but looks ok to me so far.
  • Now reads content of dedicated storage containers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Once again great work! you can finally see what's happening on the server! YAAAAAY ❤️

If I can report what I have found so far, it may help you in further work on the program, I know that this is an early version and you probably already know about these things, but if you don't have something on your list, here are my observations ;)

Wild tab:
- all dinos are 100% mature, so I don't know if wild babies are included

Tamed tab:
- does not show dino in cryo (Pelayori's Cryo Storage)
- does not show imprinter and imprint percentage
- does not show Tribe in range date (everywhere June 2017)

Structures tab:
- some structures are read as S+, but I don't have any structure mods, probably some were implemented into the game by the creator of this mod

Tribes tab:
- does not show the date of last activity

Players tab:
- shows only a few players, but the drop-down list probably includes all of them

RCON:
- I tried to execute the SaveWorld command but without success (RCON connection test passed)

You already have my files, the ones I sent you in a private message, I hope they will help you in your work :)

I love what you do and I look forward to your next updates!
PS. I'm also sending you some tasty coffees ❤️ to thank you for your commitment and hard work.

Have a lovely weekend!

Edited by MroczneZakamarki
  • Thanks 1

Hey, good to see progress being made on ASA :)
Was going to say coords shown on map didn't align with TPCoords (the ones ASV should find), but seems they silently fixed it as that is not the case when I tested just now :P

My save doesn't load in current ASV though so will zip it up and provide a download link for you if you want to look at it.

Edit: False alarm, something went wrong on my end.. My apologies Mirage!

Edited by StevenB
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MroczneZakamarki said:

Wild tab:
- all dinos are 100% mature, so I don't know if wild babies are included

Tamed tab:
- does not show dino in cryo (Pelayori's Cryo Storage)
- does not show imprinter and imprint percentage

Structures tab:
- some structures are read as S+, but I don't have any structure mods, probably some were implemented into the game by the creator of this mod

Tribes tab:
- does not show the date of last activity

Players tab:
- shows only a few players, but the drop-down list probably includes all of them

RCON:
- I tried to execute the SaveWorld command but without success (RCON connection test passed)

You already have my files, the ones I sent you in a private message, I hope they will help you in your work :)

I love what you do and I look forward to your next updates!
PS. I'm also sending you some tasty coffees ❤️ to thank you for your commitment and hard work.

Have a lovely weekend!

• Wild Tab 
    • All dinos are 100% mature.  Uncheck "Tameable".  Babies technically aren't tameable so aren't included as part of the default filter.
  • Tamed Tab 
    • Cryo support is not yet included.  Still work in progress.
    • Imprinter/percentage.  I'll investigate later this afternoon.
    • Dates I need to review across the board.  Slightly different way of storing date information by the looks of it that I need to work around.
  • Structures Tab
    • S+ names.  This was done quickly and I haven't reviewed any of the "name maps" since standard ASE started to include S+ parts.  I will review this at at later date - it's only json data.
    • Dates...
  • Tribes Tab
    • Dates..
  • Players Tab
    • Change option in settings to "Show players with no bodies?
    • image.png.3e97690ec09199227f66f5c1494f13aa.png
  • RCON
    • No work has been done on this.  I need to see if and how ASA supports RCON.

Thank you for the feedback - gives me something to work against in the coming days.

• Like 1

About the players tab, this tab doesn't show any player, including active ones. The drop-down lists "Tribe" and "Player" do list correctly every server member, but if I select a player or a tribe or even [All tribes] and [All players], result is always empty and count is 0.

I have to change option in settings to show players with no bodies, like you suggested, to get players in results, but that includes even players who have a body and are currently playing (i.e the majority of our players). Besides, for every player, all the columns are at 0 (level, coordinates, stats, last online, etc), so obviously their data was not really retrieved.

Version 5.0.0.2 (I didn't test with the previous versions).

Using FTP feature to retrieve server data.

EDIT

I'm looking at the structures and some structures are not found under "Player Structures" tab. For example, I can't find medium and large crop plots, or intake pipes for irrigation. I can't find generators. Nor grinders.

Also, oddly enough, if I select Fabricator for example, I can see only 1 fabricator in 1 tribe, although every tribe on our server has a fabricator.

Edited by Elgar
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elgar said:

I agree with this statement. 😉

Another little feedback : when we refresh the map the timestamp is not updated.

I already fixed this one in my dev code... it was using the FileCreated time and not LastWrite.

Reviewing other dates and the player data either later tonight or tomorrow. Just grinding some XP to level up and get some industrial stuff atm :)

• Like 3