Largest Flat Spot?

FatHesus42O

Largest Flat Spot?

I’m wondering if someone knows of on what map and the cords of the largest flat area in ARK? I only have access to The Island (which I know doesn’t have any) and the three free maps. Anything will help! I just want to make a decent sized village with a wall in preparation for Genesis! 

2 hours ago, whoareyou said:

i'm not sure why you would need such a large flat area to build a village with a wall though. i suppose you have a particular design in mind, but have you tried building walls with fence supports? 

I want an old circular medieval styled wall and the build requires a large portion of flat land 

On Ragnarok there is a massive and largely flat plains area right next to the Green Obelisk, right outside the Redwoods surrounding it.  I don't know if its the biggest but it is massive and that is where I like to do my big builds.  Sorry, I do not have cords at the moment.  But fly to the Green Obelisk from the Blue one and you cannot miss it.  The area spawns lots of Brontos, Rexes, Raptors, Sabers, and Carnos which is the only downside to me during early construction.

3 hours ago, Glydyr said:

Valguero, 65,65 huge flat spot in the chalk hills overlooking the river/ocean. 

I agree, this is the largest flat spot I've found on the maps, actually have my base built here, and it works out nicely,  like most 'flat' spots its not completely flat, and you have to find the right elevation to make the most of it, but it is one of the largest and best spots I've found on any of the maps to build a base.  Good luck getting this spot though, it seems to get grabbed up quickly.  There are other large spots on the outskirt edges of the chalk that are also pretty big flat / open areas to build, but you'll find many people will pillar them up.

Archived