New network option?

Xenithar

New network option?

Maybe I was dreaming it, but wasn't there some new network option to reduce bandwidth when big towns and things load in added a few patches ago? I could swear I read that somewhere but I cannot find it in the patch notes. I am moving my Ark servers from the old system to a new dual-Xeon, 96GB ECC and RAID10 system soon and wanted to try it out. Am I crazy or just missing something?

34 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

New network option?

Maybe I was dreaming it, but wasn't there some new network option to reduce bandwidth when big towns and things load in added a few patches ago? I could swear I read that somewhere but I cannot find it in the patch notes. I am moving my Ark servers from the old system to a new dual-Xeon, 96GB ECC and RAID10 system soon and wanted to try it out. Am I crazy or just missing something?

v295.108

Implemented structure memory optimizations

New command line option to enable optimization on unofficial servers: -structurememopts 

Important: avoid using new command line when running structure-related mods

2 hours ago, Xenithar said:

New network option?

I can vouch it works. We run it on our Nitrado hosted console server and it does wonders for large structure loads

55 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Can you post a video or dm me one so I can see it in action? May implement into my server. 

Well I dont have a video of it but I can ensure you it works man. You have nothing to lose being a console player since no mods to interfere. The buildings load in a lot better, my login kick has been reduced a bit in my big bases and theres a certain huge player castle on Rag I couldnt go near without major lagg and DC, tested it a few times after we put it in, just fine :) I could even griff dive into render and be fine. It works

Well, I cannot use it then. I use ACTUAL S+ on my server, not the half-baked, 10% they ported into the main game. Crap, I have a few players with less than optimal connections and was looking to help them out. Maybe they will update this to work with mods as well in the future. Thanks for the help, everybody. I hope the thread helps out another player anyway!

Archived