Ways to safe guard your base from meshing

Rizzy

Hey guys I have a question about the meshing situation on ark and want to hear in ways you could defend against the ugly gutless way these guys use meshing to destroy good well planed bases.

I've heard of some ways that people use but I question wether either 1.if they work or 2.if they are still within the rules of ark.

One of the best ways I've seen for ext and abb was to use the ceiling to place base using pillars foundation and cliff platforms as me Where usually come up from the bottom . Another way was to utilize the surrounding elements  e.g..lava, poison lakes , radiation ect. And place base around such areas making meshing almost impossible.these ways I feel are within the rules .

However this restricts you to only a few locations some other people have talked about mesh proofing e.g.. placing a set of defence turrets just within the mesh around but remaining to have everything else outside of the mesh this I beleave is borderline against the rules however allows you to continue building at every location you choose. Are these ideas an option , do they work, Are they within the rules?

1 hour ago, Rizzy said:

Hey guys I have a question about the meshing situation on ark and want to hear in ways you could defend against the ugly gutless way these guys use meshing to destroy good well planed bases.

I've heard of some ways that people use but I question wether either 1.if they work or 2.if they are still within the rules of ark.

One of the best ways I've seen for ext and abb was to use the ceiling to place base using pillars foundation and cliff platforms as me Where usually come up from the bottom . Another way was to utilize the surrounding elements  e.g..lava, poison lakes , radiation ect. And place base around such areas making meshing almost impossible.these ways I feel are within the rules .

However this restricts you to only a few locations some other people have talked about mesh proofing e.g.. placing a set of defence turrets just within the mesh around but remaining to have everything else outside of the mesh this I beleave is borderline against the rules however allows you to continue building at every location you choose. Are these ideas an option , do they work, Are they within the rules?

There is no borderline against the rules. Its within the rules or not. ANYTHING in the mesh = ban. Unless you're a streamer with kronies to do your bidding, that is.

I think it would be a good idea to have AI calculate areas that can be walked and flown around in normally, and have it run and build data for an area map. Then all you need to do is make each fired shot by the player, send X, Y, Z of the shooting player to a separate threaded application that checks the player against the known accessible terrain. This accessible check-field should be something that can be loaded up in the map editor and edited manually by the dev, just in case there is a need for that. After that, all you need is a threshold of false positives that need to be crossed before the said mesher is banned.

best way to protect against meshing is have somebody online 24/7 and to learn how to mesh your base.

If you know how to mesh your own base you can go into the mesh and kill whoever is trying to mesh you.

Also place turrets in the mesh, i know its against the rules but the way ark is atm is you'll be wiped due to getting meshed than you will get dev wiped

• Volunteer Moderator

To quote the forum rules:

"There should be no discussions in game or otherwise regarding abusing hacks and exploits, including access to cheats, where you can acquire them, or how they are utilized."

To that end, there is nothing that can be done to prevent meshing. Nothing that is within the rules.

People that are meshing are exploiting the game. You can't prevent that, only report it. The team is continually working on ways to prevent meshing.

Archived