Is this supposed to happen? (Equis taming)

Cowgirl

I was taming an equis and we got stuck on my spino which was working nice until a pego and a terror bird showed up. In the end the Equis died (I think, suddenly she poofed out from under me) the weird part is my kibble which was in my 0 slot all poofed as well. Just wondering if that is intended or if it is something I should report. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

I was taming an equis and we got stuck on my spino which was working nice until a pego and a terror bird showed up. In the end the Equis died (I think, suddenly she poofed out from under me) the weird part is my kibble which was in my 0 slot all poofed as well. Just wondering if that is intended or if it is something I should report. Thanks!

The Pego stole it. They grab items from you, and start with slot 0 by default. I realize you were using slot 0 for a reason, but just a tip as you play on... keep some spoiled food in slot 0 when you aren't using the slot for something specific. Then the Pego's steal the spoiled food and you may even end up taming one. 

Btw... you can kill the Pego and retrieve the stolen items. 

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

The Pego stole it. They grab items from you, and start with slot 0 by default. I realize you were using slot 0 for a reason, but just a tip as you play on... keep some spoiled food in slot 0 when you aren't using the slot for something specific. Then the Pego's steal the spoiled food and you may even end up taming one. 

Oh yea  I forgot about that, thank you. but there was no bag.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Equus have been despawning whilst being tamed if they end up stuck for some reason... No idea when they decided that was a good idea...

Haven't had it happen myself as I'm simply breeding them now I have breeding stock going, but I've seen a few mentions of it being that they 'disappear' while seemingly stuck.

Learned your lesson for next time, we've all been there when taming Equus!

I either do one of the following two tricks when taming Equus:

1: Bola it, tranq it, and quickly build a little 2x2 taming trap around it while it's unconscious. Then when it wakes up, you can tame it without worrying about it running away or running into trouble (note: sometimes when I do this it won't let me feed the Equus, no idea why)

2: Clear out the area, and have a Trike following you on the lowest follow distance. When taming, it'll trap the Equus under its head allowing you an easier tame. it might get out a couple of times, but won't take long to get stuck under the Trike's head again

Guest BubbaCrawfish
3 minutes ago, Mean2u444 said:

When taming, it'll trap the Equus under its head allowing you an easier tame.

I suspect the trapping itself is what's causing this sort of despawning. Have you actually done this in the past month or 2?

2 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

I suspect the trapping itself is what's causing this sort of despawning. Have you actually done this in the past month or 2?

I tamed a 145 on aberration about an hour ago and it worked fine. I've never tried it during 1x taming though, maybe i'm not keeping it stuck for long enough to despawn. i only had it stuck for like, 5 mins tops?

18 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Ah well then maybe I did kill the right one lol (I didnt find the kibble, thankfully it was only simple kibble)

Yeah anything a pego steals will only remain in it's inventory for a certain amount of time before getting despawned, It's worth to keep this in mind and make sure you kill the pego ASAP if it steals something from you that you really want back. 

6 hours ago, HoboNation said:

Yeah anything a pego steals will only remain in it's inventory for a certain amount of time before getting despawned, It's worth to keep this in mind and make sure you kill the pego ASAP if it steals something from you that you really want back. 

I once had my (custom recipe) drinks stolen by one and I couldnt find it to kill it, then a week later I accidentally did LOL I honestly forgot about pegos because it had been standing there chewing on my spino before the TB showed up.

12 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

I once had my (custom recipe) drinks stolen by one and I couldnt find it to kill it, then a week later I accidentally did LOL I honestly forgot about pegos because it had been standing there chewing on my spino before the TB showed up.

You found your custom recipe in it's inventory by accident a week later? o.O dam thats interesting, I have seen my items disappear from a pego after like 10 mins of trying to chase it down, although this was on official PVP, what server are you/were you playing on?

14 hours ago, HoboNation said:

You found your custom recipe in it's inventory by accident a week later? o.O dam thats interesting, I have seen my items disappear from a pego after like 10 mins of trying to chase it down, although this was on official PVP, what server are you/were you playing on?

Official legacy PVE, maybe you killed the wrong pego though. I have also found a JM Xbow in one before too, I called it out but no one claimed it.

Archived