Event Reaper hunting feels broken

Pinkerpanzer

On 4/8/2018 at 3:05 AM, Hellraizer said:

My tribe has experimented on the colors and when you kill a surface reaper whilst pregnant they come out with the surface reaper colors we have tested it 4 times all successful. But if you get pregnant with the same reaper it seems that the last reaper killed colors all babies of that mother.

I'm also looking for easter reaper and found this post.

I tried it myself and I confirm that it work. Got 3 easter reaper on 3 try. The new born reaper don't look exactly the same as the surface reaper, it looks like it share the same colors but reaffected differently.

In short : 1 find a good reaper queen and get impregnated, 2 go to the surface and kill an easter reaper, 3 enjoy :)

On 4/26/2019 at 10:37 PM, kusty974 said:

I'm also looking for easter reaper and found this post.

I tried it myself and I confirm that it work. Got 3 easter reaper on 3 try. The new born reaper don't look exactly the same as the surface reaper, it looks like it share the same colors but reaffected differently.

In short : 1 find a good reaper queen and get impregnated, 2 go to the surface and kill an easter reaper, 3 enjoy :)

How exactly did you do this? We tried it on official PVE and it didn't work

What server are you playing? official? unofficial? pve? pvp?

Did you test that it wasn't a coincidence (i.e. did you know the reaper babies would've definitely come out normal colored by getting someone else pregnant and not killing the surface reaper)?

Did you kill anything else at all after you killed the surface reaper?

I don't know if you go by the correct way...

Every single time I killed a colored surface reaper while my character is pregnant turn the baby into an easter version. It only missed once... in this case I died once during the pregnant stage.

I play unofficial pve with s+ and superspyglass, nothing affect dinos spawn in settings... maybe the mechanic is not available on official ?

For comparison, when I was hunting reapers on last event, it took me 2 weeks to get 2 colored reapers. And now in 3-4 days I'm close to 10 easter reaper (I have fast maturation) so this is not a coincidence...

Keep in mind that killing only one colored surface reaper during pregnant stage is enougth. Not all of them.

11 hours ago, kusty974 said:

Every single time I killed a colored surface reaper while my character is pregnant turn the baby into an easter version.

I don't believe there is any truth to this, at all. We trap the reaper in a pen with ceilings under it and can get multiple people pregnant w a single reaper. They all turn out the same color, but the stats on each baby differ. In all, we did 5 reaper babies during this Easter event and got 1 event color. Not sure where the red/orange belly came from but turned out pretty cool.

20190427164712_1.jpg

12 minutes ago, realsteel said:

I don't believe there is any truth to this, at all.

believe it or not, It's the way that worked for me. Since you still can go with the lower chances (about 5% ?) to get easter colors directly from the reaper queen, I don't see anything in your described experience that invalidate the fact I reported.

3 hours ago, kusty974 said:

believe it or not, It's the way that worked for me. Since you still can go with the lower chances (about 5% ?) to get easter colors directly from the reaper queen, I don't see anything in your described experience that invalidate the fact I reported.

I have never heard of this and I dont believe the mechanic even exists.. Ive heard of 

3 hours ago, realsteel said:

I don't believe there is any truth to this, at all. We trap the reaper in a pen with ceilings under it and can get multiple people pregnant w a single reaper. They all turn out the same color, but the stats on each baby differ. In all, we did 5 reaper babies during this Easter event and got 1 event color. Not sure where the red/orange belly came from but turned out pretty cool.

20190427164712_1.jpg

This many times and have seen it on an old server I played.

I strongly do not believe the colour comes from anything but the queen that impregnates you, since you basically become the fertilized egg of this specific queen.. which is reflected by its' levels post birth.

Archived