SP Walls not working and all Dinos Dead

Axonius

Hello,

I will not be purchasing the expansions.  And will discourage anyone from buying this game. I’m on PC and have used no cheats or mods ever. Straight vanilla.  Single Player

This is my first time posting in the forums. In single player, I just lost ALL of my dinos. Despite what they have done in the past, they behaved passive and now are all dead. I watched and attempted to fight back level for a level 50+ T-Rex dying to a single level 4 raptor. My  50Trex just  stood there and did nothing.  This was what happened to all my bases.  Despite having reliably defended my bases in the past, my dinos just did nothing. and let things walk through walls and kill them.

I want to emphasize that not only did my dinos not fight back and  do nothing, enemies walked right through my walls like they didn’t even exist.  I witnessed three levels of solid rock wall, a level 12  therizino walked right through it and killed a level 12 Spino a level 15 spino, level 11ish carno  and a level 22 Trex. None of my dinos fought back even though they have fought back on attackers in the past. They were all set to Neutral. This happened on all of my locations in single player all during about a 10 minute period last night.

Here is an absolute factual summary of what I experienced last night:

1) Walls stopped working

2) Anything could attack my dinos and all my bases were attacked in the same time frame.

3) My dinos would not fight back even though they have fought intruder attempts the past.

4) ALL, I mean ALL my dinos are dead across the entire map. Despite being confined within walls and even in low level locations that had not even been attacked in the past.

5) This all happened over a period of roughly 10 minutes last night on single player.

I want to emphasize again that I am on single player. Not a server. No cheats, no addons and have never installed any. The only command I have ever used is the gamma.

Loosing dinos is not a big deal as long as they are lost under the established rules of the game.   This is just broken. Ignoring walls and ignoring tamed dino status is absolutely unacceptable.

While I enjoyed my time in the game, I will uninstall and not play this game again.  I was on the verge of buying the extra content. Oh well, I  guess I’ve saved myself a few bucks to spend on another developer.

Wow.  That is terrible!  And unbelievable.  I have played single player for some time and I have never experienced anything like that.  In fact, I assume that my bases go into a kind of stasis once I am out of rendering range and I have never lost a dino when I was not in rendering distance.  It's quite possible that I've just been lucky, but what happened to you seems unusually rare and random.  I'm so sorry.

2 hours ago, Axonius said:

Despite what they have done in the past, they behaved passive

Perhaps you have accidently whistled passive at some point. Did you whistle neutral or anything else when they were attacked, or did you just watch?

enemies walked right through my walls like they didn’t even exist

Yeah that sucks :/ we had an alpha and a regular raptor inside our base today, and a ravager inside our small house on aberration. Never had this happen before. 

all my bases were attacked in the same time frame.

Doesn't everything usually stop in singleplayer if it's not rendered?

Archived