This game lacks balance and its sad...

qdotbdot

So, brief back story... I purchase the game about a month ago after being hassle by multiple people raving that it's the best game ever...newsflash, it's not even remotely... it has sooo much unrealized potential tho...

I've been wiped 4 times on 3 different servers and I haven't longer than a month.

1st wipe, I join in, land on a beach, oblivious to the ways of ark, figure it out, build a nice wood/stone base... tame a few dinos, wiped!! Shame on me for wood to build

2nd wipe, I level up and unlock stone, build a similar stone base and wiped... I stuck around for a week of the trolling, being killed, having tames killed, having my doors blown off, alphas lured to the base before I finally said raptor it and went back to better games...

After a week offline I discovered the option to transfer servers... transfer to an official with less people and start building... everyone is friendly and helping each other... great game right? Wrong, on a whim, alpha tribe gives everyone on the server 1 hr to transfer and wipes the entire map... I was offline btw, only know because of sum friends I made thru the server... shame on me for having a job though...

4th wipe... I've learned my lessons, no stone, no wood, metal base, triple foundations, quad walls, turrets and plant species everywhere, more rexs than you could count, dinogates all around, self sufficient food sources... needless to say, raids were attempted and never successful, never lost a single resource... and then a titan spawns... and then sum one aggros it... and then they fly over my base and it completely destroys everything in its path, namely me and chase this asshole off into the sunset while his tribemates plunder the ruins of countless hours upon hours of metal farming and building and taming and rebuilding... being raided, I could live with, even if by a titanosaur... all of my work being for null because a wild dino was aggro'd to my base... uninstalling...

3 minutes ago, qdotbdot said:

So, brief back story... I purchase the game about a month ago after being hassle by multiple people raving that it's the best game ever...newsflash, it's not even remotely... it has sooo much unrealized potential tho...

I've been wiped 4 times on 3 different servers and I haven't longer than a month.

1st wipe, I join in, land on a beach, oblivious to the ways of ark, figure it out, build a nice wood/stone base... tame a few dinos, wiped!! Shame on me for wood to build

2nd wipe, I level up and unlock stone, build a similar stone base and wiped... I stuck around for a week of the trolling, being killed, having tames killed, having my doors blown off, alphas lured to the base before I finally said raptor it and went back to better games...

After a week offline I discovered the option to transfer servers... transfer to an official with less people and start building... everyone is friendly and helping each other... great game right? Wrong, on a whim, alpha tribe gives everyone on the server 1 hr to transfer and wipes the entire map... I was offline btw, only know because of sum friends I made thru the server... shame on me for having a job though...

4th wipe... I've learned my lessons, no stone, no wood, metal base, triple foundations, quad walls, turrets and plant species everywhere, more rexs than you could count, dinogates all around, self sufficient food sources... needless to say, raids were attempted and never successful, never lost a single resource... and then a titan spawns... and then sum one aggros it... and then they fly over my base and it completely destroys everything in its path, namely me and chase this asshole off into the sunset while his tribemates plunder the ruins of countless hours upon hours of metal farming and building and taming and rebuilding... being raided, I could live with, even if by a titanosaur... all of my work being for null because a wild dino was aggro'd to my base... uninstalling...

Lol dude asks not for you lol 

Imadgine you had been building for 6 months and then it all gets wiped .

I don't mind getting wiped, I jus don't understand how the game is expected to grow when players who have been on servers longer have clear advantages against those who recently joined and even when you do outplay an alpha tribe and build quickly and strong enough that they can't raid you, they can jus trick the AI to do it for u...

Believe me, I'm absolutely with the pvp smoke but in each one of these situations I never stood a chance and I doubt anyone would...

A week into the game I was wiped by cr, rebuilt my base stronger and they attacked with wyverns

Next wipe I got cryopod gigas thrown at me...

Final wipe I had well over 100 turrets and plant x, defending against the cheesy cryopod giga xmas strategy about a dozen times and viola, titanosaur wiped

Every Game of this style has the same problem.

It pretty much boils down to the Alpha Groups are bored there is nothing left for them to do and they are to afraid to start over.

Lesson learned don't bother with Official Servers as you will always run into a group like this.

No amount of balancing will change this, as nothing is ever really balanced even in RL.

Although I do find it interesting that a Alpha Tribe wiped out everyone on the map, it pretty much makes it a Dead Server and should be completely reset at this point.

Set to no Transfer and wipe it and start over, Most Official Servers should be wiped from time to time. If people really want to keep their stuff so to speak they should move to an unofficial Server.  

Most of the Official Servers should give people a Taste for the game not give them a permanent home so to speak.

But like I said this is not a new problem you just learn from it, not the game but the people playing it.

Archived