Master zoologist trophy

Monak

As i understand, to obtian the master zoologist trophy one must domesticate/tame All creatures of the ark - only those that can be domesticated/tamed.

What i do not understand is whether or not one is required to have the dossiers prior to taming - dossier serving/functioning as ingame check list in obtaining the trophy.

Note: in singleplayer i have used creature spawn commands three times, (Dotame) first attempt-no trophy, (forcetame) second attempt - no trophy, thrid attempt i used normal taming methods after creature spawn - resorting to using admin commands to spawn resorces necessary to tame - no trophy.

12 hours ago, Monak said:

As i understand, to obtian the master zoologist trophy one must domesticate/tame All creatures of the ark - only those that can be domesticated/tamed.

What i do not understand is whether or not one is required to have the dossiers prior to taming - dossier serving/functioning as ingame check list in obtaining the trophy.

Note: in singleplayer i have used creature spawn commands three times, (Dotame) first attempt-no trophy, (forcetame) second attempt - no trophy, thrid attempt i used normal taming methods after creature spawn - resorting to using admin commands to spawn resorces necessary to tame - no trophy.

Dossiers are now counted as Explorer Notes, it is not necessary to have the Dossiers to unlock the achievement. Instead there are separate indicators for both. On each creature you'll have one of the following;

Outline Highlighted w/ Blue = Dossier Obtained
Circle at the top right of the portrait with a checkmark = Creature Tamed

Its obvious that i am missing a few tames, now with the inclusion of the tek rapter im going to retry each of the 3 methods i stated above though this time im gonna list each creature so to be sure im not missing any, also ive read that one must use the same character if i travel to a different ark while in single player. I wanna complete this before Extinction given the likelyhood of altered creature versions. 

On 8/13/2018 at 1:20 AM, Monak said:

You don't have to get the dossier for the archievment to unlock.

But, achievments in SP are broken. I could not get the first day survival trophy (despite spending days without dying), or the map explorer (despite having all the map discovered) ...

15 hours ago, Monak said:

Its obvious that i am missing a few tames, now with the inclusion of the tek rapter im going to retry each of the 3 methods i stated above though this time im gonna list each creature so to be sure im not missing any, also ive read that one must use the same character if i travel to a different ark while in single player. I wanna complete this before Extinction given the likelyhood of altered creature versions. 

A quicker way would be to use the GMSummon command, as it would spawn in the dinosaur and auto tame them.

Here is a good guide/checklist that might be helpful to follow: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5646-ark-survival-evolved/19-master-zoologist

A friend of mine used this a couple of days ago and had no problems obtaining the trophy

• 5 months later...

To obtain the master zoologist trophy.

First yes if done in single player (offline) it will carry over as long as if done on the same gamertag/psn

Second it is only achievable on the island.

All trophy requirements that say "the ark" is talking about the island.

So yes only those creatures tamable on the island are only what's necessary/prior extinction which I have to assume is still only done.on the island and as well only those creatures native/spawn to the island must be tamable and tamed in order to achieve master zoologist.

Yes if done in single player all one has to do is spawn in (wild) all creatures of the Ark(island) and then use "dotame" command on each.

You should pay particular close to which creatures have been tamed given the dossiers are not need but help.

Yes should have them but totally not required, the easiest way would be in single player cheating, now if you do go this route it is best that you do not spawn all of them and then tame you should take each as you go (yes will take longer) but it has been my experience after having done this at 12 different attempts to obtain the master zoologist trophy it is best and wise that you spawn each and tame each as you.

The best place on the island to do this is one the south west beaches near red. 

Why? Simply because if need be you can use the terminal at the obelisk to transfer each out without much effort if wanted other obelisk locations have far to many threats to deal with while trying to maintain what was and what was not tamed.

As per a list, not required simply spawn in and tame all creatures from all arks(if spawn /dotame each) is to redundant. Organize your tame order alphabetically and tame each creature of the same alphabetical starting letter, 

Doing it this way will allow you to kill creatures if necessary if the game begins to lag, due to normal spawns in the spawn bubble and as well the ones your spawning in. To prevent lose due to  blue screen it is best to save after each alphabetical block has been tamed save again after killing if done so.

Anymore questions or help in getting master zoologist -psn Wolfflacon 

Currently playing in cluster - rag367 I will be building a tribe and it will be hosted here in on survive the ark page to assist and as well to play as a tribe.

*Tek creatures do not count unless since changed with the inclusion of extinction* 

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2018 at 7:20 PM, Monak said:

On 8/15/2018 at 10:32 PM, Monak said:

Titanosaur must be tamed ;)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/16/2018 at 1:23 PM, gaiainruin said:

A quicker way would be to use the GMSummon command, as it would spawn in the dinosaur and auto tame them.

Here is a good guide/checklist that might be helpful to follow: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5646-ark-survival-evolved/19-master-zoologist

A friend of mine used this a couple of days ago and had no problems obtaining the trophy

Wow thanks for the tip. Saved me a couple hours ?

Archived