Which is faster?

Jtmorris

Sorry for this outdated question. Im sure it's been settled before but i can only find conflicting information. What is the fastest flier now? Playing ragnarok, and traversing the map, is a Griffin making use of the dive feature faster than using a wyvern fast flying? Im assuming it is, but read some info to the contrary. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

Sorry for this outdated question. Im sure it's been settled before but i can only find conflicting information. What is the fastest flier now? Playing ragnarok, and traversing the map, is a Griffin making use of the dive feature faster than using a wyvern fast flying? Im assuming it is, but read some info to the contrary. 

I personally prefer using a Wyvern over a Griffin just because going up and down seems redundant. A lot of my friends are using a Griffin, and they tend to say they are equally as fast. I'd say go with whatever mount you feel is the fastest to you as calculating the fastest one might prove to be difficult since it all depend from how high you start diving and how far you reach before gaining altitude again, etc. with the Griffin. That being said, some are also saying that the Rock Drake is a very fast and versatile way to travel. To each their own, I guess.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

That being said, some are also saying that the Rock Drake is a very fast and versatile way to travel.

I like to use the Drake to run desert drops. It's a faster way with it's speed glide (if you got the stamina) not to mention it just lands right away.  However, unlike a Wyv, I won't fight a deathworm with it so when one pops I just bounce. 

Still prefer the Wyvern for almost all other map traversing. Griffin wins as a Quetzal (some other dino's too) tamer. 

Archived