Charge Stations

Roshona

So...honestly what is the point of building around a charge station?  Now for pvp I get it, you control the power.  But I am on a pve server (and while this does not affect me, it could new players), and one tribe has built around and blocked off at least 4 in the green zone.  Purpose that I am not seeing?  Just curious. 

We did it recently because our server is seeing very little activity (usually about 2-8 people online at once), and it allows you to store charge batteries and element mats in them without them being stolen.    IE whenever you log on or remember in game you can just activate the station with the batteries already charged, rather than waiting the 5-10 odd minutes for them to slowly charge each time and throw the various other materials in and out.

1 hour ago, Migol said:

We did it recently because our server is seeing very little activity (usually about 2-8 people online at once), and it allows you to store charge batteries and element mats in them without them being stolen.    IE whenever you log on or remember in game you can just activate the station with the batteries already charged, rather than waiting the 5-10 odd minutes for them to slowly charge each time and throw the various other materials in and out.

Exactly. Security

Making element is very time consuming, heck even charging the batteries is.. so if you own 4 charge nodes you can easily have a box of batteries and mats and just keep it rotating all day. Then your tribemates just need to bed hop around stocking batteries util you have enough to mass some element.

Just to note: we did not block off while aberration was active (IE 20+ players online frequently) because it'd be the same as getting a gas pump without leaving it unlocked (IE a sausage move).    If Wildcard is lurking and plans on something similar in Extinction, I'd strongly recommend that rather than a charge and depletion time, just make it mat dependant.    Make the mats harder to get or make it take more if need be, but requiring a "twiddle your thumbs while the batteries slowly charge up" is not a great mechanic.

Ridiculous, this whole overcharged and battery recharge system.  Players jump through all the hoops to get all the different mats and still they come up with a way to make it plain annoying and time consuming in the end.  I just made 100 element last week,  I don't even wanna calculate how much time i wasted doing that.  And for what, to prevent mega tribes from quickly making thousands of it?  I say let them or FINALLY have a mechanic that goes a little easier on solo players and smaller tribes.   On our pve server some people are also starting to build around  charge nodes so it's becoming an even bigger pain in the ... to hop from node to node.  Just let us recharge batteries in a generator.

18 hours ago, d1nk said:

Exactly. Security

Making element is very time consuming, heck even charging the batteries is.. so if you own 4 charge nodes you can easily have a box of batteries and mats and just keep it rotating all day. Then your tribemates just need to bed hop around stocking batteries util you have enough to mass some element.

Ok this makes sense..however...why block them all off?  For us it's not a big deal (we have a charge station outside our Blue base), but for new players it may be.  Just seems sort of "saugage like" (LOL) to block them all.  

1 hour ago, RasFW said:

You know you can charge batteries with glowbugs, right?

Throw your shoulder pet for 2 seconds while you harvest them. Charge goes to the pet first, and even if your pet is full, won't go to batteries.

It's time consuming as well, but a heck of a lot faster than waiting for batteries.

The point being made is that the fastest method of all is to build around a charge node, so noone can take things you leave in it, and then leave your batteries and mats in it.     No wait whenever you remember to use it.    Alternatively you can just toss like (I think 22)? charge batteries in your sealed off one, come back in an hourish, put more in and store the charged ones, and eventually go to down hopping around with fully charged batteries.

Again, the big issues are 1) Leaving mats in non walled off charge nodes leaves them open to theft and 2) The charge nodes and batteries take a fairly long time to recharge.

1 hour ago, Roshona said:

Ok this makes sense..however...why block them all off?  For us it's not a big deal (we have a charge station outside our Blue base), but for new players it may be.  Just seems sort of "saugage like" (LOL) to block them all.  

If someone's blocking them "all off" that's probably a [][][] tribe trying to play the dominance game, which is a "sausage move".     We only block one off (right next to our base) and I don't see justification for blocking more than a few off even on a dead server.

Of course, it's still a stupid effort to try to dominate by blocking them all off since there's the surface charge stations that can't be walled off anyway (and recharge twice as quick).    Usually not worth the bother of using but I guess they're the answer to some mega tribe being a total sausage in PVE. ?

Our unofficial just leaves 8 batteries in every station. Every time I go for element there's 8 fully charged batteries in the station waiting for me.

I know that's not a solution to the official problem due to "sausages". But for the more reasonable players, perhaps you could pincode the charge station box and give the password out to those in on the game. Leave a note to say don't take the batteries out.

You build around them because then you leave your batteries/gems/ore in them, and every time a tribe mate goes past, if its glowing properly, crafts element before carrying on if there near/around your base it averages out at like 5 element an hour, per charge station. Own 4 or 5, your making 20-25 element an hour, enough for a 2 high tek 4x4.

Easy way to fill batteries? Bola a charge bug, and grapple it back to your base. Put like 10 in a room and you have power for life.

Archived