Project Singleplayer Endgame

Vangr

Hey,

so i´ve spent quite a long time within Ark, but mainly with PvP and Base designs..

Next week i will get my new Rig and i want to start some sort of RP/Singleplayer journey and clear every Boss on my own.

The Idea would be to start somewhere, build & tame up then travel from Ark to Ark and explore/fight everything.

For the Stats id like to keep everything official, maybe boost harvesting a little..

I have never fought a Boss before so i would like to ask for your Tips (Breeding Rexes?)

Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, Vangr said:

Hey,

so i´ve spent quite a long time within Ark, but mainly with PvP and Base designs..

Next week i will get my new Rig and i want to start some sort of RP/Singleplayer journey and clear every Boss on my own.

The Idea would be to start somewhere, build & tame up then travel from Ark to Ark and explore/fight everything.

For the Stats id like to keep everything official, maybe boost harvesting a little..

I have never fought a Boss before so i would like to ask for your Tips (Breeding Rexes?)

Thanks in advance!

Go to the topic "are all bosses soloable".  If you need more help ir specific info pm me or write me back here or psn

Dial in a few settings before settling in;

Dedicated Server? - this has huge ramifications on the following settings. If you have a separate computer id recommend using it. The following issues assume you are playing on a single machine.

Resource respawn time - in SP this varies drastically from > 60 hours for metal nodes to instant. That's assuming you stay within range of that chunk. 

Wild dino respawn - only a single option here, the issue is when should you respawn them. Wait too long and your world is dead and empty, allowing you to overprepare (cheating). Do it too often and youll end up using it to get high level dinos (cheating).

Difficulty - if you know enough about the level system you can tweak that but this setting will be highly relevant.

And that's just some of the complexities...

16 minutes ago, Phyrist said:

I do a destroywilddinos on my singleplayer game everytime i log in, keeps it exciting cause the dino you avoided yesterday wont be there today, but... there may be something worse there instead, never know till you explore

Yeah all good until corrupt save.

Im doing the same right now actually @Vangr feel free to read about it in "What did you do today" thread. Im just about at the stage of starting the bosses and working out breeding lines.

I decided to switch my main ark to a unofficial hosted server because of console limitations though. I negated the whole "build up on island" method in favor of a more "official-style" of starting on a different server and moving to island when im ready. 

Please post the daily doings on the thread! We would love to read about it! 

Good luck and may the dinos forever be in your favour!

Edit: You will probably want to boost breeding a bit, without persistant worlds it is a real pain to breed on official rates

16 minutes ago, Phyrist said:

Havent had one happen to me yet.

A lot of people dont seem to do regular Singleplayer Backups.. Its the same as backing up your Server before an update..

1 minute ago, Onimusha759 said:

Not an option on console without the live or ps+ as far as i know.  Thus why im a SP person lol

Not an option for any console at all. You only get this option renting a nitrado server (or such like it) 

Ive done my time hosting a non dedi server for 7 months.. was a nightmare of at-work texts and "omg server corrupt!!"

4 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Not an option for any console at all. You only get this option renting a nitrado server (or such like it) 

Ive done my time hosting a non dedi server for 7 months.. was a nightmare of at-work texts and "omg server corrupt!!"

You can upload backup saves on ps since ps3.  On SP it should work just like saveworld and reloading b4 the autosave hits except you have a hard save separate that the auto cant overwrite.

24 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

You can upload backup saves on ps since ps3.  On SP it should work just like saveworld and reloading b4 the autosave hits except you have a hard save separate that the auto cant overwrite.

Ive never heard of that working for Ark sp or non dedi, im on xbox anyways so it doesnt work over here.

Have you tried it? 

7 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Ive never heard of that working for Ark sp or non dedi, im on xbox anyways so it doesnt work over here.

Have you tried it? 

No its only a theory.  Since the tucked away save is untouched by the autosave or any save you make and the game can only handle 1 save per map on SP, if i loaded in the tucked away save it SHOULD replace the old.  Ive done the saveworld and load back before the autosave and it works as intended.  Dinos ive killed or lost are restored, my exp resets back, items reset back.

39 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

No its only a theory.  Since the tucked away save is untouched by the autosave or any save you make and the game can only handle 1 save per map on SP, if i loaded in the tucked away save it SHOULD replace the old.  Ive done the saveworld and load back before the autosave and it works as intended.  Dinos ive killed or lost are restored, my exp resets back, items reset back.

Ah ok. Like ive said I havent heard anyone mention this. Back when this problem was prevelant (before nitrado servers) and people kept losing their nondedicated saves every few weeks there was a lot of speculation into what causes it.. I did spend a long time on those threads because I was hosting one currently and the general consensus was that destroywilddinos was recently or frequently used in most cases.

I tested this on a few different servers i hosted, the ones i didnt destroywilds on always lasted longer (every one) but every server eventually got corrupt save. Hence the aprehension over that command :P 

I feel i should mention that from aug2017-feb2018 i rented a server from SurvivalServers not Nitrado.. I did destroywilddinos on server startup, and did a autoreboot Every day for updates... sometimes rebooting manually multiple times a day if multiple mods update. So destroywilddinos is used automatically every single reboot and Ive never had a corrupt save from that command.. I did have to rollback once and only once but that time was my own fault for Starting the server manually twice. (The first was a manual reboot for Mod update done by the other Admin, without communicating with him i hit Start when i saw it was offline and thus corrupted the save) which is why i strongly recommend making regular backups whether it be SinglePlayer or ServerSaves cause its Ark and glitches do happen. Ive never lost my SingleplayerGame save, but i acknowledge it CAN happen so i make regular backups on my HDD.

@Vangr

Back to the OP, im currently doing what youre wanting to do, Island->ScE->Ab, singleplayer is nice because you can Pause and go to work and log in where you left off when you get home, the downside.. Is that the metal youre cooking wont finish during the night if you log out and go to bed, and raising rexs maturation will pause when you log out.. So unless you alter your breeding rates then itll take a while to breed your boss killers since all that persistent offline time on a server needs to be accounted for while youre logged in in SinglePlayer.

Not to mention this is a game and any 1 thing your standing around waiting an hour or 2 for is pushing the its just a game not real life boundry.  Even online the legit numbers seem way to long for this boundry.  If im in the late game with everything but a team, it shouldnt take me a month of waiting to do 1 more step to do boss battles.  Thats absurd by any games standards, except ark.

Thanks for all that great Feedback! Sorry for the late reply, but I had pretty rough working days…

So back to Topic, the „offline-Thing“ is my biggest Problem but i can`t Host a Server.

I am currently looking into renting a Server on like Nitrado for my own, but the Settings are pretty overwhelming and I really want that official experience.

In my case it`s probably the best thing to slightly adjust the rates to counter thinks like crops growing, resource respawning, egg laying rate, breeding…

Or you maybe got other ideas?

If you want to host a Nitrado Server, just turn up the T,H,XP multiplier, leave the rest normal and you have your official expirience. I think the unofficial servers should have the same settings as officials nowadays, and yes you can fine tune your server, i would do the breeding and stuff if you dont want to find yourself sitting 4 days on a rex to grow up ;)

5 hours ago, Vangr said:

Thanks for all that great Feedback! Sorry for the late reply, but I had pretty rough working days…

So back to Topic, the „offline-Thing“ is my biggest Problem but i can`t Host a Server.

I am currently looking into renting a Server on like Nitrado for my own, but the Settings are pretty overwhelming and I really want that official experience.

In my case it`s probably the best thing to slightly adjust the rates to counter thinks like crops growing, resource respawning, egg laying rate, breeding…

Or you maybe got other ideas?

I play singleplayer and ill give you that stats that help make it feel more like a normal game without destroying arks challenges.  1st turn of SP settings, turn on map marker and crosshair, up tame speed to 2.5(This still makes kibble required to perfect tame everything but bees but reduces the absurd tame times), set dino food drain to 3.0(also reduces absurd times for taming, but adds a draw back because your dinos eat more.  Actually feels more real.), put maturation to 60(Rex takes almost 2 hours to grow which is fine considering 1 its a game, not real life, so it feels like a game and 2 your gonna be doing a lot of breeding anyways so your gonna have days wasted even with this high of a setting), mate interval at .012(seem reasons as the maturation).  Itll still take over a month per map soloing with these settings and others normal.  If you restart on every map itll take you a year lol.

Archived