Jump to content
Vaculity

Reaper King = Strong?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I couldn't think of a proper title for this post I am about to make, so apologies for my weird title.

 

Went and experimented with Lightning Wyvern and Reaper King (Tamed from Birth variant, not the other variants), and it seems as if unless near charged light, Reaper Kings has the defense equivalent of a JM/ASC Saddle (Probably about 100+%). Even the lightning blast did little to its health unless theres a lot of lightning hitting it.

P.S: They are at the same level.

I am rather curious though. Aside from Gashing and Sunlight debuff, Bosses, Wild Giga, Reaper Queen and Titanosaur, what other dino can kill it given time without the aid of charge light?

Edited by Vaculity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reaper Queens can't really kill a tamed one even if you were using a charge light. A reaper king is pretty much the equivalent to a versatile rex where most of the stuff you listed are the only things that can kill it. The only thing that i can think off that would kill it is being stun locked by barys if you are unfortunate enough to get into that sort of situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wild Gigas, Titanosaurs, Allo pack leaders, and ravagers are the only wild creatures you need to worry about on a reaper king.  Bosses, they're capable, but not necessarily better than other dinos.  I personally wouldn't be upset about someone riding a reaper in a boss fight, but a fully imprinted rex with a 100+ saddle will outdo it in the long run.  The 70% reduction is the equivalent of a 60ish armor saddle.  With that said, certain things seem to ignore armor (wyvern breath is one of those).  In those cases, the reaper comes out far ahead because the damage reduction is not ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel as though reapers weren't designed for boss fights. They are PvP oriented, from there acid blasts which slows dinos (and can apparently knock people of flying mounts if hit but I have yet to see actually performed),  and their tail spins which disperse hordes of dinos. They have high health and decent melee and with 100% imprint and no light to bother them, they are a true force to be reckoned with if used correctly. They are also fairly speedy given their size, and mobility is pretty good, helping them be a little extra dangerous to slower dinos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Revan25 said:

I feel as though reapers weren't designed for boss fights. They are PvP oriented, from there acid blasts which slows dinos (and can apparently knock people of flying mounts if hit but I have yet to see actually performed),  and their tail spins which disperse hordes of dinos. They have high health and decent melee and with 100% imprint and no light to bother them, they are a true force to be reckoned with if used correctly. They are also fairly speedy given their size, and mobility is pretty good, helping them be a little extra dangerous to slower dinos.

Theyre amazing for dealing with dimorphs in the dragon fight and especially the spiers in the brood fight.

Against the brood, the true dps isnt really the boss, although its strong. Its the dozens of spiders, they hurt like hell and tailswiping all of them at once helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Wild Gigas, Titanosaurs, Allo pack leaders, and ravagers are the only wild creatures you need to worry about on a reaper king.  Bosses, they're capable, but not necessarily better than other dinos.  I personally wouldn't be upset about someone riding a reaper in a boss fight, but a fully imprinted rex with a 100+ saddle will outdo it in the long run.  The 70% reduction is the equivalent of a 60ish armor saddle.  With that said, certain things seem to ignore armor (wyvern breath is one of those).  In those cases, the reaper comes out far ahead because the damage reduction is not ignored.

Unless you are talking about the Fire Wyvern's breath that causes an armor-ignoring and health-depleting debuff (Enflamed), I had mentioned at the start of the post that Reaper King don't take in much damage from Lightning Wyvern's shock breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your kidding right, a tamed reapers base resistance is 10 or 15%  which is lower then a engram primitive saddle which provides around 18%.  The Reapers dmg and hp gain are 50% of a rex's.  Out of all apex dinos its the weakest one combat wise.  Unless its been buffed since ive last checked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Your kidding right, a tamed reapers base resistance is 10 or 15%  which is lower then a engram primitive saddle which provides around 18%.  The Reapers dmg and hp gain are 50% of a rex's.  Out of all apex dinos its the weakest one combat wise.  Unless its been buffed since ive last checked

Tamed reaper king resistance is 70%.  It was 10% at first and then they buffed it significantly.  Coupled with bro-fist, the total reduction comes to ~80% reduction.  It has been this way for quite a long time.  Also, the tamed HP growth is 50%, sure, but the base HP value is significantly higher than a rex's and the wild growth is 14 points higher.  I literally don't touch HP on any of my reapers focusing purely on damage after raise, and they all sit 22k+ after imprint.  Damage is a WHOLE different story, though.  Base damage is 13 higher than a rex.  Wild Damage growth is .6 higher than a rex.  Tamed growth is identical.  Unless you get an AWFUL roll on damage, a reaper will gain more raw damage per level up than even most boss tier rexes.  My Huggles gains 8% per level up, which is 2 more base damage than a 400% melee rex gets per level.  @Vaculity  From what  I've seen, lightning breath, poison breath, fire breath impact, and ice breath also ignore armor.  Fire breath's is more noticeable due to the fact that the dot does % based which also ignores armor.  Reapers' reduction blocks all of these forms of damage as well.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Tamed reaper king resistance is 70%.  It was 10% at first and then they buffed it significantly.  Coupled with bro-fist, the total reduction comes to ~80% reduction.  It has been this way for quite a long time.  Also, the tamed HP growth is 50%, sure, but the base HP value is significantly higher than a rex's and the wild growth is 14 points higher.  I literally don't touch HP on any of my reapers focusing purely on damage after raise, and they all sit 22k+ after imprint.  Damage is a WHOLE different story, though.  Base damage is 13 higher than a rex.  Wild Damage growth is .6 higher than a rex.  Tamed growth is identical.  Unless you get an AWFUL roll on damage, a reaper will gain more raw damage per level up than even most boss tier rexes.  My Huggles gains 8% per level up, which is 2 more base damage than a 400% melee rex gets per level.  @Vaculity  From what  I've seen, lightning breath, poison breath, fire breath impact, and ice breath also ignore armor.  Fire breath's is more noticeable due to the fact that the dot does % based which also ignores armor.  Reapers' reduction blocks all of these forms of damage as well.

Alright, thanks Bang.  Got me pumped to get some Reapers :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

That sucks, i was hoping theyd have the fast regen when unaffected by chargelight, like the wild 1s.  I guess that might just be the queen.

Yep. Was disappointed too, but you can still take on anything that aberration throws at you, so you don't really need to worry.

A good enough reaper can take on 3 queens at once and win even with the light debuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Natural regen is faster than other Dinos for sure. Charge light drops it to the same as other Dinos. It's like 30% faster when not under charge light, so not even a little close to wild reapers, but still noticeable faster than other Dinos. When I'm down in the trench farming eggs, the natural regen plus the damage reduction let's me stay down indefinitely. My high saddle drake that comes out to about the same reduction doesn't have the same capability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Natural regen is faster than other Dinos for sure. Charge light drops it to the same as other Dinos. It's like 30% faster when not under charge light, so not even a little close to wild reapers, but still noticeable faster than other Dinos. When I'm down in the trench farming eggs, the natural regen plus the damage reduction let's me stay down indefinitely. My high saddle drake that comes out to about the same reduction doesn't have the same capability. 

What? Ive been using a reaper for a long time. The one I'm using is at 1.3million xp and I have never noticed a difference in regen, charge light or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, for me just yesterday, in the time it took me to walk from one end of the drake trench to the path up, the reaper I was on healed about 20% of its health.  Drakes wouldn't even see a visible difference in health on the bar in that amount of time.  Also, when I was fighting a titanosaur on ragnarok, I was able to heal from about 25% health to 75% health in a few minutes just by keeping the thing slowed.  No meat spamming at all.  I was actually out-healing my tribemate's wyvern that stopped often to push down a few stacks of meat.  It's not a substantial difference, but it's about 30% increase.  Wild reapers heal about 100/second, which is substantially different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 9:25 AM, banggugyangu said:

Tamed reaper king resistance is 70%.  It was 10% at first and then they buffed it significantly.  Coupled with bro-fist, the total reduction comes to ~80% reduction.  It has been this way for quite a long time.  Also, the tamed HP growth is 50%, sure, but the base HP value is significantly higher than a rex's and the wild growth is 14 points higher.  I literally don't touch HP on any of my reapers focusing purely on damage after raise, and they all sit 22k+ after imprint.  Damage is a WHOLE different story, though.  Base damage is 13 higher than a rex.  Wild Damage growth is .6 higher than a rex.  Tamed growth is identical.  Unless you get an AWFUL roll on damage, a reaper will gain more raw damage per level up than even most boss tier rexes.  My Huggles gains 8% per level up, which is 2 more base damage than a 400% melee rex gets per level.  @Vaculity  From what  I've seen, lightning breath, poison breath, fire breath impact, and ice breath also ignore armor.  Fire breath's is more noticeable due to the fact that the dot does % based which also ignores armor.  Reapers' reduction blocks all of these forms of damage as well.

Yup reaper base dmg is 75

Rex is 62 most boss Rex’s are around %600-%800 so %800x62=496 hp per bite

but my reaper currently has %1100 Melee 

%1100x75=825 hp per bite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cito said:

Yup reaper base dmg is 75

Rex is 62 most boss Rex’s are around %600-%800 so %800x62=496 hp per bite

but my reaper currently has %1100 Melee 

%1100x75=825 hp per bite

Did you even test on rex with mateboost? Reaper King do not enjoy such feature due to obvious reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cito said:

Yup reaper base dmg is 75

Rex is 62 most boss Rex’s are around %600-%800 so %800x62=496 hp per bite

but my reaper currently has %1100 Melee 

%1100x75=825 hp per bite

Boss rexes are at 655% without any leveling currently.  Imagine if this were leveled, it could surpass your reaper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2018 at 10:56 PM, Wazzamaniac said:

Boss rexes are at 655% without any leveling currently.  Imagine if this were leveled, it could surpass your reaper

They sit at 655% w/o leveling but what is their HP at? A Reaper you don't need to pump any points into the HP.  Their resistance and massive HP pool to being with let you place every single point into MD. We use them for the Alpha Dragon fight along with Deer and Shotguns. They destroy that fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, d3vious said:

They sit at 655% w/o leveling but what is their HP at? A Reaper you don't need to pump any points into the HP.  Their resistance and massive HP pool to being with let you place every single point into MD. We use them for the Alpha Dragon fight along with Deer and Shotguns. They destroy that fight.

Reaper resistance is 15%, rex base saddle gives 50% resistance.  Mate boost also adds lik 30% to dmg and lik 25% to resistance for rexes aswell.  Reaper is best as long as breeding isnt implemented.  If boss lvl breeding is implemented all large carnivores surpass the reaper eventually sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2018 at 9:11 AM, d3vious said:

They sit at 655% w/o leveling but what is their HP at? A Reaper you don't need to pump any points into the HP.  Their resistance and massive HP pool to being with let you place every single point into MD. We use them for the Alpha Dragon fight along with Deer and Shotguns. They destroy that fight.

There are 20k 700% eggs floating around as we speak. Unimprinted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×